Introducing A Thai Friend To Other Farang?

JohnnyThai

My girlfriend is Thai and works in the Medical industry. I have met several of her friends, many who are quite beautiful and intelligent. I think that many of them would make very good wives. One of them in particular is a widow, gorgeous, graduated from one of the better Universities in Bangkok, and my girlfriend mentioned that because she already has a child, Thai men are not interested in her. I have few farang friends in mind who I would like to set her up on a date with, but I am not sure if it is a good idea. I have yet to run it by my girlfriend. These guys are very professional, however I know that they all sleep with prostitutes on occasion. Should this be reason enough not to present them as possible partner with this angel of a women? I do not believe that this topic would ever come up, does she have a right to know? Should I introduce them and leave it at that? Thank you for your opinions. This girl really is very intelligent, speaks fluent English and passable French, beautiful and is open to dating a man in his thirties or forties, a perfect catch more or less.

If your friends sleep around, even on occasion, with prostitutes, how do you think the lady in question would feel if she ever found out? I think most women would be unhappy but, this is Thailand and maybe different rules apply on the subject.

As opposed to a direct introduction, why not invite the lady along for a meal one night and let her know a Farang friend will be there? If she speaks good English she should be able to decide for herself if she like they guy in question.

Prostitution even with alot of thai married men is a given. If you think your mates are the type to get what he wants and move on then prob shouldnt bother. If he's looking for smth serious then I don't forsee a problem. However matching someone up - normally falls back on you if <deleted> hits the fan.

You know your friends - would they be the type of guys to realise and appreciate they have a good, independant woman and give up the whoring? ...Or might they get bored with stability and revert back? (old habits die hard..)

Introductions via friens is one of the main ways that Thai couples get to gether, its right out of the book of Practical Thai Culture.

However, my take in this would be (and like yourself my wife has a handful of very attractive and respectable friends who I'm sure would appreciate an introduction to the 'Right Man')

The question to ask is, is the guy going to act up on this? Because if not, its going to come back to you for doing the introduction.

If a guy wants to still do the 'pay for play' thing then I'd take the view he needs to come to his own mind what he wants out of life.

Meanwhile the gem you discribe might just meet Mr right elsewhere (even shock horror a Thai guy willing to take on a widow with a child - they do, despite TV predjudices, exist).

"1) You will not use thaivisa.com to post any material which is knowingly or can be reasonably construed as false, defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, referencing prostitution (including bargirls and barboys), referencing suicide, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise in violation of any law."

Closed.