Compaq Or Acer?

jingjingna

Happy with Acer 5593 since October 2006!! Everything build-in, everythings works fine without problems!

Service exellent: change of the 2 512 MB Ram's to 1 1 GB free of charge, change of Harddisk Seagate to Hitachi (I don't like Seagate, WD and Samsung also not) free of charge, change of Keyborad from Eng/Thai to plain English free of charge as well!

Personally I'd up the price and get a HP Compaq - rather than the cheaper Compaq Presario range. I've been using my HP nx6125 for the past year or two and it's solid as rock. No hassles, no bits falling off ... nothing! I am what would be called an heavy user it goes everywhere, it gets dropped all to regularly(it'll take a fall of a luggage trolley no hassle!)and it's scratched to buggery but it still works without error.

1.6Ghz AMD Turion, 2Gb memory, 15" display, 60Gb HD, decent speakers and a decent keyboard (most important in a laptop!). On the note of keyboard I have always found Toshiba keyboards bloody awful and would never have one for that reason!

I am quite surprised throughout this thread no one has mention the Sony Viao ranges for me they are the best laptops available on the market. Whenever this one expires I will reinvest in a Sony - I like like the HP no doubt I bought it as I fancied a change from Sony and it was considerably cheaper than the equivalent Sony. But the quality of a the Sony laptops really is worth the cash .... I am particularly draw to their new carbon fibre range 60k baht (if I remember rightly), looks fantastic and very very light.

As for Dell . . .. good if you have the need to set something on fire . .. otherwise . .. just chuck it in the bin when it arrives to save you the hassle later!!! Sorry but Dell utterly suck - if it's going to sit on a desk and go nowhere maybe otherwise just ain't worth the money!

Compaq service time averages one month - so if you cannot afford to be without your notebook, Compaq is a poor choice.

Dell, same. And FTR most notebooks come out of less than 10 factories worldwide, just with different brand names and slightly different specs - with Dell you're only paying for brand name, with Compaq they use more proprietary parts.

Asus, despite their experience in computers, is also not the most reliable company - not because they're not good, but because they have a tendency to overtweak certain things. That being said - when they get it right, they are the best value for money.

Acer is your best choice because service is fast, and costs less, and generally performs very well. In my mind this is the only reasonable solution for those who are dependent on their notebooks.