Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ASEAN NOW

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Driver`s license related to Passport

Featured Replies

A few months ago, I renewed my driver's license - for 5 years. Two days ago, I got a new passport. The number on the diver`s license is the number of my old passport. My questions to the community: Do I have to go back to the Department of Land Transport to renew my driver's license again (including the tests and paying fee)? Or is it also allowed if I just keep my old passport in my car's glove box and show it during a police/traffic check?

29 minutes ago, hoizwuida said:

A few months ago, I renewed my driver's license - for 5 years. Two days ago, I got a new passport. The number on the diver`s license is the number of my old passport. My questions to the community: Do I have to go back to the Department of Land Transport to renew my driver's license again (including the tests and paying fee)? Or is it also allowed if I just keep my old passport in my car's glove box and show it during a police/traffic check?

I would not carry my passport. I carry a copy in my wallet and phone. I would carry a copy of the old one as well.

Just update the driver's license with the new passport when you renew.

34 minutes ago, hoizwuida said:

Do I have to go back to the Department of Land Transport to renew my driver's license again (including the tests and paying fee)?

Yes.

I'm changing my driving licence to new passport number at the next renewal, to avoid an additional ball ache

Create an account or sign in to comment

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.