Anyone Required To Show Source Of Funds For Retirement Extension?

There have been some posts that you must show source of funds in your bank account when qualifying for an extension, my question is: "Has anyone been required to show source of funds on a second extension or thereafter??? Anyone required to show source of funds on pension + bank accounts after the first extension on that basis???

My guess is not and such a requirement remains in the "scare rumor" category??

Personal experience only please.

I can tell you that last month in Bangkok for my third 800k extension I presented Credit Detail reports for the three wire transfers (total 1.2 mil) that I had made in the previous three months. These reports are crucial because they show the originating overseas bank.

My reports were the originals given to me by Kasikornbank but the Immigration officer made a big fuss about the fact that they were "copies". The reviewing officer then sat a few minutes shaking her head at them but finally decided to accept them. It was clear to me that I should have gotten them stamped and signed at the bank.

That's a fact. Make your own theories.

I can tell you that last month in Bangkok for my third 800k extension I presented Credit Detail reports for the three wire transfers (total 1.2 mil) that I had made in the previous three months. These reports are crucial because they show the originating overseas bank.

My reports were the originals given to me by Kasikornbank but the Immigration officer made a big fuss about the fact that they were "copies". The reviewing officer then sat a few minutes shaking her head at them but finally decided to accept them. It was clear to me that I should have gotten them stamped and signed at the bank.

That's a fact. Make your own theories.

The pregnant question is were these "foreign fund reports" required by immigration for your third extension, in other words did they specifically request you to provide proof of foreign fund trasfers???, or did you just include them in your paperwork, thereby requiring immigration to "deal with them?".

The pregnant question is were these "foreign fund reports" required by immigration for your third extension, in other words did they specifically request you to provide proof of foreign fund trasfers???, or did you just include them in your paperwork, thereby requiring immigration to "deal with them?".

Just today (in Bangkok) I provided a photocopy map of my residence location that I use at Carrefour to help the delivery guy find our house. The officer just laughed and gave it back to me. That's how she dealt with it.

My experience today was pleasant and efficient.

My retirement visa renewal was granted as well as multiple entry privileges.

No complaints.

Just today (in Bangkok) I provided a photocopy map of my residence location that I use at Carrefour to help the delivery guy find our house. The officer just laughed and gave it back to me. That's how she dealt with it.

No complaints.

popshirt:

1. Was it your first extension?

2. Did they ask for foreign funds verification?

3 Where you a 800K applicant and if so were you required to show 90 days of aging on your funds?

No complaints.

popshirt:

1. Was it your first extension?

2. Did they ask for foreign funds verification?

3 Where you a 800K applicant and if so were you required to show 90 days of aging on your funds?

1. Yes

2. No, but I included printouts from Bkk Bank for each transfer in the pile I gave her, she did not look at these pages

3. No I used embassy letter and savings passbook combo

There have been some posts that you must show source of funds in your bank account when qualifying for an extension, my question is: "Has anyone been required to show source of funds on a second extension or thereafter??? Anyone required to show source of funds on pension + bank accounts after the first extension on that basis???

My guess is not and such a requirement remains in the "scare rumor" category??

Personal experience only please.

I renewed for the 4th time, this time with Embassy letter only

No need for bank book at all and by consequences nor of the source of the funds

Thias was yesterday october 4 at Kap Cheong in Isaan

- The Credit Detail forms (as they are called by K-bank) were in the stack of documents which I initially handed her.

- She insisted that I should be providing "originals". She and the reviewing officer behind her discussed it while looking grave and uncertain. Doesn't that imply that confirmation of foreign sourcing is required?

- I also handed her my monthly bank statements. She handed them back.

- I also handed her several rent receipts. She handed them back.

I renewed a few days ago in Pattaya. Got my first retirment stamp last year on the 800K rule, this year did the pension letter plus balance in bank. Did not appear to be any check as to ageing of funds, and certainly no request for any details of fund transfers from overseas. Also, no map asked for.

All in all, very pleasant and quick experience

Thank you all for your definitive replies. I am sure lopburi3 is watching and will log your replies in his mental computer.

To summarize, contrary to many posts and "rumors" running in excess of 200 or more posts in other threads:

When applying for non-imm-O extension based on retirement, when one uses the pension + bankbook method, no aging is required, no proof of foreign funds required, no MFA stamp required, no map to home required and probably the bank book review is only to confirm adequacy of funds to meet regulations, not that you are spending your pension in Thailand. And there appears to be no difference in handling between first time extenders and multiple extenders by this method. This has been my experience as well.

Good news for the legions of retirees qualifying in this fashion.

Outstanding issue to clear up is: Is aging or foreign funds verification required for applications after the first one when the 800K bank book method is used??

My guess is no to both issues, but my no guess is stronger for foreign funds verification than for aging???

Would appreciate posts about actual experiences in the past three months.

It would seem that those applying for their first extension using he 800K bank book method would be wise to go in with verification of foreign fund transfers and aging. Those who have experience on first extension by this method recently who didn't have to provide foreign fund verification or aging are encourged to post their experience.

Edited by ProThaiExpat