Annoying Vsta Ultimate Problem

Guest Reimar

After formatting and clean install of Vista UltimateI get the problem that the screen is freezing. If I use the Taskmanager, jut open and close, all back again but a short time later same problem happens again.

I checked different Graphic driver but no luck

The system is:

MB: MSI K8N Diamond

CPU AMD Athlon 3800 X2

Memory 2 GB

Hdd 200 + 80 Sata

Graphic: PCI-X ATI

Anyone had same problem before?

Look at the power management interface to see if you have the hard drives sleeping or something similar.

I have only ever witnessed those symptoms with previous versions of Windows, not Vista. In those instances in was either the hard drive starting to fail or an overheated CPU caused by the cooling fan(s) failing. In those previous instances, using the task manager to "unfreeze" the PC did not work. Hence, your situation may not apply.

Was just a bit waiting for more (!) replies but the Techies here may don't know either!

Harddisk are ok and not set to sleeping mode or some similar! CPU isn't overheating also just stay at 43 C (direct connected sensor).

No Answer from MS also! May that is an "unknown" problem?!

I'm not sure if this is the same thing as you're describing, but I routinely (several times a day) getting the "Not Responding" message in the title bar of different programs, but it only lasts a few seconds. While that error message is in the title bar, usually (but not always) the entire system is unresponsive.

I have no idea the cause, but have learned to live with it. I've been beaten into submission by being repeatedly told that Vista is an improvement and works better and faster than XP. :o

I'm not sure if this is the same thing as you're describing, but I routinely (several times a day) getting the "Not Responding" message in the title bar of different programs, but it only lasts a few seconds. While that error message is in the title bar, usually (but not always) the entire system is unresponsive.

I have no idea the cause, but have learned to live with it. I've been beaten into submission by being repeatedly told that Vista is an improvement and works better and faster than XP. :o

Thanks. No, it's not that! And it's just on one of 5 Vista machines! All programs getting unresponstive but without any messages. Just need to hit CRTL-ALT-DEL and open and directly close the Tasmanger and all working fine again!

May I start tomorrow to ionstall Vista on the same machine but a different HDD again with all the same Software and Drivers to find out which is causing the problems!

Problem solved!

It was my last Logitech Wireless Keyboard and Mouse which created the problem! NO MORE LOGITECH!!

Thanks for all replies!

EDIT: Oh by the way, I changed back to an old G-TE2K wireless system wich I before replaced with the Logitech one and it works perfect!

Edited by Reimar