Motorola V3

Nikkijah

I've just bought a Motorola V3 for a friend and he wants me to change the UK firmware to Thai, is this a simple procedure in MBK or somewhere similar?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Nikkijah

Maybe I should add that it was bought in the UK and sent here!

Edited by Nikkijah

I've just bought a Motorola V3 for a friend and he wants me to change the UK firmware to Thai, is this a simple procedure in MBK or somewhere similar?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Nikkijah

Maybe I should add that it was bought in the UK and sent here!

Hi

I bought a V3 RAZR in the UK last year as there was a considerable cost saving over buying the same model in LoS. When we brought it back here we took it down to TukCom in Pattaya and they added all the Thai menus and stuff with no trouble. However, it still had an English keypad and they were never able to implement SMS in Thai.

You can get the keypad changed for about 500 baht and I did this when I subsequently inherited the phone from my Thai wife as she had knackered it (she's now got a Nokia N76, which is about half as good as the Moto, by the way) but it still doesn't have Thai SMS capability - which doesn't bother me in the slightest.

It may have been incompetence on the part of TukCom as I would have thought that it would just be a firmware change (apart from the keypad). I don't really know but just be aware of this potential problem with that model of phone. If you find out that it can be made to function properly please let me know so that I can take the wife warmly by the throat - 'Tilak, I really must have new mobile - cannot send SMS.' Could well have been a scam - you know what the girls are like with their phones / fashion accessories. Need the latest model every month!!

DM

There are several WEB site dedicated to modding the Motorola cell phones. I actually upgraded my V3 to the latest firmware. They also have language packs that have various languages you can install on your phone. If you are a little software savy but don't need to be a hacker, you can do this yourself. I would search google for Motorola and Mod. They also have DRM packs to change the look of the icons, status symbols, etc.

If you want the WEB links that I used, please PM me. I don't want to place them in the forum.

The language pack I have loaded is 0021 which has the Thai fonts and my latest software version is R374_G_0E.42.17R