Drugs Bust: 48 Million Baht Worth Of Amphetamine Pills Seized

Jai Dee

48 million baht of amphetamine pills seized

Police in Ubon Ratchathani province have confiscated 160,000 amphetamine tablets.

Police received a report that a major drug trafficking would take place yesterday (September 3rd) along the Thai-Lao border in Khemarat district of Ubon Ratchathani province. Consequently, the officers developed a plan to arrest the drug smugglers and seize the narcotics.

At about 20:00 hours yesterday, police suspected two people who were carrying two fertilizer sacks. Police later attempted to arrest the two suspects, but one of them managed to escape. Nevertheless, police were able to arrest one of the suspects, and seize a sack of amphetamine pills. The sack contained a total of 160,000 amphetamine pills worth about 48 millio nbaht.

The arrested suspect is a Lao citizen, and he confessed that he will be paid 100,000 baht by an unidentified drug dealer if he can smuggle the illicit drugs from Laos to Thailand.

Source: Thai National News Bureau Public Relations Department - 04 September 2007

"the officers developed a plan to arrest the drug smugglers and seize the narcotics"

The words Cops and Keystone spring to mind, unless a large financial transaction was completed to appease enquiries being made, then again maybe a hole was dug for a suspect and evidence kept in the senior officers 'special room'.

I suspect this is little more than the tip of a gargantuan iceburg.

Ubon,having a long land border with Laos,was a popular spot for

smuggling drugs across into Thailand.

After Mr.Taksins war on drugs,the amount seemed to diminish.

Now that Frank has gone,the amount of drugs available for these ar*eho*es

to sell to the locals has increased.

My wife says bring back Taksin and get rid of drug dealers.

"My wife says bring back Taksin and get rid of drug dealers."

Mmmm personally I wish Thailand had the attitude of Holland towards certain 'soft' narcotics

I like the idea of a little cross border economic trading Howard Marks stylee, always found the Mekong Delta to be a beautifully tranquil place, boat ride at sunset etc...

Roll another fat one and where's my Goong Pad Prik King and Singha Sonchai?

:o

48 million baht of amphetamine pills seized

Police in Ubon Ratchathani province have confiscated 160,000 amphetamine tablets.

Police received a report that a major drug trafficking would take place yesterday (September 3rd) along the Thai-Lao border in Khemarat district of Ubon Ratchathani province. Consequently, the officers developed a plan to arrest the drug smugglers and seize the narcotics.

At about 20:00 hours yesterday, police suspected two people who were carrying two fertilizer sacks. Police later attempted to arrest the two suspects, but one of them managed to escape. Nevertheless, police were able to arrest one of the suspects, and seize a sack of amphetamine pills. The sack contained a total of 160,000 amphetamine pills worth about 48 millio nbaht.

The arrested suspect is a Lao citizen, and he confessed that he will be paid 100,000 baht by an unidentified drug dealer if he can smuggle the illicit drugs from Laos to Thailand.

Source: Thai National News Bureau Public Relations Department - 04 September 2007

that must have taken some counting ,gonna be a little shortage of pill for a day or so.......