Where To Buy A Snooker Cue

kevc

kevc

you wont find a good quality snooker cue in any of the shops on sukhumvit, places like robinsons soi 17/19 and tesco lotus on nut sell snooker cues, but i would not describe them as good.

i had both my cues made by o min snooker in min buri, about 1 hour by taxi from sukhumvit, they were custom made, 48 inch in length, 16 ounce in weight, leather 10mm tip. cost was less than 2,000 baht.

obviously depending on the type of wood you choose, eg ash, maple etc and whether you want it hand or machine turned plays its part in the price. mine were machine crafted and finished in less than 1 hour, i wanted a natural finish, i dont like the power glide lacquer finish.

the phone number for this place is as follows 02 517 5320, address is 62 moo 18, min buri bangkok 10510.

there is another factory out by chatuchak weekend market, this is where master cues are made, just google master cue thailand for details of exact location phone number etc. if you go to this factory take the sky train to mor chit station and get a taxi.

i dont regret getting custom made cues, for the price i paid it was a bargain, when you look at what you would get for £50 in the uk it was money well spent, never had a problem with either cue, in fact i am still on the original leather tip on one, and just had to replace a blue diamond tip on the other.

best of luck.

Custom made cue for Bt 2000.................sounds good.

If you don't want to travel to chatuchuk or Minburi you could try Ball-in-Hand. They sell a lot of cues and acoutrements for pool. One is located in the bottom of Times square building and one is located on Soi 4 on the right hand side a couple hundred meters from Sukhumvit.

Salute Bar (2nd floor) on Soi 3 about 25 m from Sukhumvit also has pool cues for sale.

Look for snooker cues at the small shop in Fortune Mall, 2nd or 3rd floor.

The MRT drops you off at the front door, Rama 9 station.

BALL IN HAND Suk soi 4, rajah hotel 2nd floor. has alot of cues and other kit for sale. and they have great tables so you can try before buying.

BALL IN HAND Suk soi 4, rajah hotel 2nd floor. has alot of cues and other kit for sale. and they have great tables so you can try before buying.

Snooker cues? I know they sell Pool Cues....not sure if they have Sooker Cues.

Snooker cues? I know they sell Pool Cues....not sure if they have Sooker Cues.

ah yes, true, my bad.

• 1 year later...

Its nice to join the discussion...Best way of finding the pool cues is by online.Through online shopping we get the best cues but before that we have to know that pool cues to pool players are like tennis racquets to tennis players. They have to feel right in size, weight, grip and smoothness of action. Professional pool players, including 9 ball players, will often as not have a pool cue custom made to suit their style. Thank you...

• 1 month later...
Anyone recommend a shop to buy a good quality snooker cue, preferably not too far from Sukhumvit.

Thanks.

central world , super sports,i just bought one in just 3000/- baht.

MasterCue in the Lardprao area, has a small Snooker Hall. The Boss makes some lovely cues at roughly Baht 5,000 to 10,000.

I bought mine about 6 years ago and it is still true as a die and nicely balanced. His workmen will also adjust the cue you choose to your required balance.

Strongly recommended by me.

Google for MasterCue

• 4 months later...

I looked for a while, its hard to find a good snooker cue here. I ended up calling a company in the US that ended up shipping here (Billiard Buyer). Just shop the www.billiardbuyer.com in the pool cues section and when you find one call them instead of ordering online. I don't remember the guys name but he was great and shipped it.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi...I am Kenny...will be visiting Bangkok soon...From rgs2001uk's post, is there the only one OMIN factory at Min buri? Is it far from Prathnam area? For custom made cue, how long we have to wait to be ready? The price really cheap compare to the shop at Malaysia.

Anyone who has the Master factory at Chatuchak, kindly let me know.

• 11 months later...
  • 5 months later...

can someone give more information regarding Omin and Mastercue factory to vist to get a snooker cue?

Or another brand called Uncle Thai or any other good brands from Bangkok. Thanks

There is one expert cues maker who make B&S cues named Jai, his house is near Suriwong road ( near Patphong ) you can call local phone 02-236-1471 or 02-234-0848.