Drugged And Robbed ... Better Than Being Dead I Guess

Stekmer

Anything is possible in BKK. BUT

The OP mentions the victim was hospitalised. OK, so when a disoriented subject presents showing indications of an OD, after you do a quickie once over, the most important thing to do is to draw some blood. The lab would eventually do a drug verification. So, that begs the question, what does the blood work show?

No lab results = bogus story.

No lab results = bogus story.

When I was slipped a Mickey many years ago in Patpong I attended hospital as soon as I realized I’d been drugged. The hospital sent me home advising me to sleep it off, without taking tests. Nothing they could do about it they said.

So no lab results don’t always mean bogus story.

"So no lab results don’t always mean bogus story. "

Did the OP's friend report anything to the police? No. Did the OP's friend request to see the ATM security camera videotape to identify the thiefs? No.

The OP's friend wanted to cheat on his girlfriend, withdrew 20K THB for a threesome, and then got mugged. It's not nearly as scary as the OP's friend tries to make it.

Fairy tales were designed to scare children into compliance: "if you don't listen to mom, the big bad wolf will kill you", "if don't listen to dad, the wicked witch will bake you in her oven". The OP's friend's tale is trying to do the same thing to unusually susceptible farang men

Interesting how these stories always happened to "a friend" :o

whould you post here if it happened to you?

i know i certainly wouldn't give the resident "experts" the chance to tell me i am making it up.

Drugging tourists happens all the time.

Just ask around at the hotels or hospitals if they have seen this happen to tourists.

It only happens to the Farangs so nobody cares to do anything about it.

Not always tourists.

About 18 months ago, a policeman went with a Katoey to a hotel and was drugged. The policemen died as a result of a heart condition and the drug administered. The K. was arrested when he/she sold the policeman's phone but never heard the final outcome of the case. There was talk in the papers about seeking the death penalty.

Drugging tourists happens all the time.

Just ask around at the hotels or hospitals if they have seen this happen to tourists.

It only happens to the Farangs so nobody cares to do anything about it.

Not always tourists.

About 18 months ago, a policeman went with a Katoey to a hotel and was drugged. The policemen died as a result of a heart condition and the drug administered. The K. was arrested when he/she sold the policeman's phone but never heard the final outcome of the case. There was talk in the papers about seeking the death penalty.

I see it happend to a Thai.

If it was a Farang, do you think they would be looking after the perp?

I really like this forum but think that some posters are bordering on being a LITTLE HARSH.

Just for the record:

• It was an email from a friend to me in Australia.
  • He has been to Thailand several times - yes he is a little naive but that also makes him pleasant to know - as opposed to being a hard cynical bastard that knows it all.
  • I have many things to do with my time other than to post fictitious items.
  • The intent was to warn others that things like this do ACTUALLY HAPPEN - hopefully to warn other trusting souls that people can be nasty.

:o

Edited by Stekmer

I really like this forum but think that some posters are bordering on being a LITTLE HARSH.

Just for the record:

• It was an email from a friend to me in Australia.
  • He has been to Thailand several times - yes he is a little naive but that also makes him pleasant to know - as opposed to being a hard cynical bastard that knows it all.
  • I have many things to do with my time other than to post fictitious items.
  • The intent was to warn others that things like this do ACTUALLY HAPPEN - hopefully to warn other trusting souls that people can be nasty.

:o

I saw video evidence of a similar incident that was posted on this forum. It happened to an Aussie whilst he was staying at a hotel in Indonesia. He was taken back to his room after drawing money from the ATM and he really looked like a zombie from the cctv footage. They stole his credit cards and apparently had a ball on his money until they were caught.

There are some very powerful drugs out there so beware of strangers.

Rick

Interesting how these stories always happened to "a friend" :o

whould you post here if it happened to you?

i know i certainly wouldn't give the resident "experts" the chance to tell me i am making it up.

We did have a poster here that got drugged, there was a long topic on it. I personally know of 3 people that have been drugged in Bangkok.

Drugs and prostitution seem to be intimate friends the world over, no news here.

I can't believe that so many posters were willing to come on here and say that this story is BS...

This thing is relatively common, although usually the story is the mark getting drugged back in their room by a working girl... I know personally 3 guys who have been drugged in different beer bars...

There is a case in Australia of a guy charged with doing this 61 TIMES!!!... Story Here... 61 times and the victims didn't know what had happened to them...

That is how some of the drugs work, the victim becomes unable to think for themself, and can't remember what they did the next day... and the drugs break down quickly so they are not delectable soon afterwards...

Sure with 20/20 hindsight we can see the guy was being set up, but I have made friends with people I have met on the street and shared a meal/drink with them... that is the point of travel, and better than experiencing nothing out of fear...

The people who posted here saying the story is BS, or that it couldn't happen to them, be careful because YOU are the next potential victims, I hope your friends are more supportive of you... remember that the people doing it are professionals, that is how they make their living, they are good at it...

To the OP, thank you for posting, hopefully some more people will now be aware of what to watch out for...

Cheers,

Daewoo

I agree with the great night out theory....

Most drug gangs are opportunistic.....they drug and take what they can get. The girls would have been disappointed if their "mark" had no money in the bank. They also target guys that are already intoxicated not sober guys, It takes less time to get the goods. They also tend to use knockout drugs as it lessens the chance of detection.

Every now and then we get these stories and usually they are to cover up the persons lack of common sense and gain sympathy...Nothing against the OP here.

I have been drugged once in Bangkok because I failed to follow my own common sense rules and I paid for it....luckily I didnt lose that much as it was my last night there.

Thailand is not like what we know off from 10 years ago. Friendly but not so friendly. You have to be more careful just like you being in your country. Ok ok ok .. a lil less but still have to be on alert about strangers and super friendly attitude. It costs more than you think and could have paid off in such such a bad way you could never imagine. What Ma always says "No food from strange"! She is always right.

Edited by legag

Thailand is not like what we know off from 10 years ago. Friendly but not so friendly. You have to be more careful just like you being in your country.

I feel a lot safer here than I did 10 years ago. Maybe you have just gotten more clever and less naive over the years? :o

No this happens more frequently than a lot of people think. Remember, it's easy to get seduced by the warm friendly smile.

In cheap thrillers and soapies.

What may happen in BKK is that a tuk-tuk driver gets a newbie into gold shops or bars and parasites for the time being.

What drug would street crooks have at their disposal to make you obey their orders while remembering your PIN number to withdraw money, not raising any suspicion while being walked and your strings pulled by them? Give me a break.

OMG, what's television done to western culture! People really believe rubbish like this!

halcion will do that enough of it makes you behave like your hypnotized :D:o