Are You An American Using The Pension Letter?

If you are an American that is using the pension letter notarized by the U.S. Embassy and you are transferring money into Kasikorn bank you may want to consider the following:

Kasikorn Bank does not break down the individual transfers into your bank book unless you put you bank book into the machine every month.

I do not go to the bank every month I just go to an any ATM and get money. Every once in a while I may go to the bank and put in my bank book and get updated.

The update just shows a summary so if immigration wants to see your transfers coming in from an outside bank you are out of luck.

Bangkok Bank does not summarize they actually break down every deposit regardless of when you update your book.

This week I will open an account with Bangkok Bank because I am afraid at some point immigration will be looking for my money transfers from the USA.

And Bangkok Bank can also print summary amount into bank books as I have had them do it when getting new book. But there stand alone self service machines seem to always itemize.

As said if required you can always obtain wire transfer paperwork easily.

I am not sure if BBK bank is as modern as SCB in its operations, but last week the wire transfer department of SCB told me that wire transfer documentation and receipts therefor are obtainable on their computers, thus each branch can go online and obtain verification of overseas transfers and presumably could include this information in your bank letter.

So far, no one has reported that they were required to verify overseas money transfers when getting extensions with the pension letter + bank balance method.

Go to the bank and ask for the wire transfer receipts from all your wire transfers in the past X months. They may get a little angry but they'll have to do it :o

To get documentation of the wire transfers they must come from Bangkok and it takes one week!