Hong Kong Non-b Situation Pls

Hi,

Does anyone have recent experience getting a multiple-entry non-imm B one-yr visa in Hong Kong? My current B visa is about to expire and I need another.

I'm a US citizen, and I do consulting part-time with various organizations in Thailand, not full-time jobs, which is why I don't get a work permit. I'll have a letter from the company, but this would be my third B visa in a row, so I'm wondering if HK consulate may be stingy about this.

My current B visa I got in the US. I've read on this site that embassies in Asian countries are generally not good about granting B visas. Are there any exceptions?

Thank you,

David

Unless you have a work permit, you'll most likely only get a single entry, this applies to most (if not all) countries in Asia!

I got a multiple from China a few months ago (and Japan last year) but they seem to have stopped that now.

Tried Mynamar as I heard they were easier (heard it here actually) again only a single was issued!

Possibly Penang if you use a 'kosher' agent, but even that's a bit hit and miss (seems to be more miss at the moment).

Thanks for that. If I do get only a single entry, I just need to go to Suan Phlu and pay for additional re-entries and then the visa would function in exactly the same way as if it was multiple entry -- is that correct?

Thanks for that. If I do get only a single entry, I just need to go to Suan Phlu and pay for additional re-entries and then the visa would function in exactly the same way as if it was multiple entry -- is that correct?

Yes, but the re-entry permit would be valid for max. 90 days [from your last date of entry], of course

No or yes depending on how you understand multi entry.

It will only be valid for the 90 days of original entry. Your re-entry permits will just allow you to enter/exit during that time period but not extend the validity of your stay beyond those 90 days. You do not get a new 90 days when you enter as with a multi entry visa.

Just a question here. Where are you from Originally?? In any rate I do understand that getting the Multi Entry Non Imm B visas around the Southeast Asia sector is almost next to impossible.

As mentioned before from others in the past two sure bets are one in America and the other is Great Britain which for the most part does grant you these visas depending on their moods for the particular day I suppose.

I know it is a pain for the lengthy travel, to get that almighty visa, but what choice do many of us have?????? I think that is up to each individual to make such decision.

Daveyo

:o

I was in HK on a business trip last April and while there finally applied for a Non-O visa based on marriage (have been a 4 year walker). I had all the paperwork needed, dressed well Etc. Etc. They were extremely polite and helpful, even the office manager gave me her direct mobile phone number to call if I had any issues or questions while I was in Hong Kong,,, But they do not do Multi-Entry visas period.

Mon 2 Aug 04

This is really interesting and helpful . . . Sort of. Except that this business of single vs. multiple entry is like Alice in Wonderland. Sorry to be dense, but if you have a one-year "B", you are required to leave LOS every 90 days, regardless. Correct? So, if I leave on, say, day 60, they will let me back in and that activates my re-entry from day 90 to day 180. Correct? So are you saying that that would be OK, but if I left again on, say, day 70, that would invalidate the visa?

Who thinks up this stuff? Every time I think that I have my head wrapped around it . . . I don't! :o

Thanks, guys.

Aloha,

Rex

Mon 2 Aug 04

This is really interesting and helpful . . . Sort of. Except that this business of single vs. multiple entry is like Alice in Wonderland. Sorry to be dense, but if you have a one-year "B", you are required to leave LOS every 90 days, regardless. Correct? So, if I leave on, say, day 60, they will let me back in and that activates my re-entry from day 90 to day 180. Correct? So are you saying that that would be OK, but if I left again on, say, day 70, that would invalidate the visa?

Who thinks up this stuff? Every time I think that I have my head wrapped around it . . . I don't! :o

Thanks, guys.

Aloha,

Rex

A multi entry visa can be used anytime during the period it is valid. Each time you enter you can stay up to 90 days (stamp in passport). You can leave anytime and return anytime. You can not exceed the time permitted by your current stamp (90 days without an approved extension of stay) or enter again after the visa validity has expired.

A single entry can only be used for one entry. You get a stamp for 90 days stay. If you need to exit/return during that time you have to obtain a re-entry permit. This will allow stay until the original 90 day expiration date.