Retiring Or Long-term Visa In Other Countries

I know the legal age for that is 50 in Thailand and Malaysia (actually all ages can apply for the "Malaysia-my-second-home" program, but then u not only need to bring a high deposit, but have a high monthly income as well).

what about other countries ? Indo is 55 if I know that right, therefore even worse (though BALI is lovely).

what about other countries ? the Phils, Vietnam, Cambodia, Laos, China, HongKong..... okay, I guess nobody has the strong desire to live in East-Timor or Myanmar these days....

I know it still quite easy to get a multiple-1-year-business Visa in Vietnam and Cambodia, and - that I learned lately: even CHINA - but then its actually not really legal, if you dont intend to do so some business there. and it doesnt give u a legal security for a longer time....

any suggestions / recommendations / comments ?

Edited by THAILIBAN

I know the legal age for that is 50 in Thailand and Malaysia (actually all ages can apply for the "Malaysia-my-second-home" program, but then u not only need to bring a high deposit, but have a high monthly income as well).

what about other countries ? Indo is 55 if I know that right, therefore even worse (though BALI is lovely).

what about other countries ? the Phils, Vietnam, Cambodia, Laos, China, HongKong..... okay, I guess nobody has the strong desire to live in East-Timor or Myanmar these days....

I know it still quite easy to get a multiple-1-year-business Visa in Vietnam and Cambodia, and - that I learned lately: even CHINA - but then its actually not really legal, if you dont intend to do so some business there. and it doesnt give u a legal security for a longer time....

any suggestions / recommendations / comments ?

You can stay in the Philippines on their retirement program. For under 50 you need to depost 50K USD, over 50 only 20K. With this money you can buy approved investments like bonds that offer returns or real estate like condos. You can also live there for up to 2 years on tourist visas with frequent in country extensions without the stigma and worry associated with that kind of thing in Thailand. After that, you have to fly out and then fly back in and start all over again.

I also believe you can permanently move to Ecuador at any age with an investment of 30k USD. With this, you could buy housing and live in it.