Entry To Thailand Via Apec Card

Hi All,

I am scheduled to arrive in BKK on the 21st September, 2007 using my APEC card. I understand I will get a 90 day VISA with the card, however my return ticket back to Sydney is on the 26th March 2008. Within that time I plan on going to Sydney on the 15th December & returning on the 27th December.

As you can see in both periods the stay is less than 90 days.

However, I haven't booked my flight yet for the December 15th trip to Sydney, I am planning to do it after I get to Thailand.

My question now is, will I have any drama's at the airport with customs over this? Or will I need to show a ticket or confirmation for the December 15th trip before entering on the 21st September. In no way do I intend to over-stay, and the December 15th trip is a certainty, but i just don't want to be refused entry because I have no proof of departure on the 15th December.

If I recall I have never been asked to show my tickets in past visits.

Also, another question, with entry via APEC Card (its my first time), is there any other document I need other than the card, and my passport???

Thanks in advance.

Hi All,

I am scheduled to arrive in BKK on the 21st September, 2007 using my APEC card. I understand I will get a 90 day VISA with the card, however my return ticket back to Sydney is on the 26th March 2008. Within that time I plan on going to Sydney on the 15th December & returning on the 27th December.

However, I haven't booked my flight yet for the December 15th trip to Sydney, I am planning to do it after I get to Thailand.

My question now is, will I have any drama's at the airport with customs over this? Or will I need to show a ticket or confirmation for the December 15th trip before entering on the 21st September. In no way do I intend to over-stay, and the December 15th trip is a certainty, but i just don't want to be refused entry because I have no proof of departure on the 15th December.

Also, another question, with entry via APEC Card (its my first time), is there any other document I need other than the card, and my passport???

Thanks in advance.

I came in with my APEC card the other day on a one-way ticket. No questions asked about onward travel. When checking in at HKG the staff said I needed an onward ticket but I asked them to double check that and it turned out that they were not familiar with the APEC card requirements and it was not needed. I think it would partly defeat the object of having the card if an onward ticket was required.

As for the 90 day visa, I think it is correct to say that it is a 90-day permission to stay without a visa that you get - rather like to 30 day visa-free entry (visa exemption) that is given to most travellers from developed countries.

I came in with my APEC card the other day on a one-way ticket. No questions asked about onward travel. When checking in at HKG the staff said I needed an onward ticket but I asked them to double check that and it turned out that they were not familiar with the APEC card requirements and it was not needed. I think it would partly defeat the object of having the card if an onward ticket was required.

As for the 90 day visa, I think it is correct to say that it is a 90-day permission to stay without a visa that you get - rather like to 30 day visa-free entry (visa exemption) that is given to most travellers from developed countries.

This is the only slightly frustrating thing about the APEC card at the moment in that

you encounter these misunderstandings at immigration desks because there is still

a lot of unfamiliarity about it. When I arrived at Hanoi airport three months ago they

were all stomping about not believing someone could be allowed to enter

Vietnam without a Visa :o When the officer went off to check with his supervisor

he was still chatting about it with his colleagues when he came back !! Anyway

I'm sure all of this will disappear in time .................................

Hi All,

Thanks in advance.

Wow!!  I've never heard of the APEC Business Travel Card, wonder if us "commoners" can get one, retirees for example.  Sure sounds as if it'd be handy.

I note that the U.S. is going (?) to opt in to the program within three years.  That'd be a real change to U.S. visa and immigration rules if correct.

http://www.apecsec.org.sg/apec/business_re...ss_travel0.html

http://www.businessmobility.org/

http://www.businessmobility.org/key/abtc.html

Mac

Wow!!  I've never heard of the APEC Business Travel Card, wonder if us "commoners" can get one, retirees for example.  Sure sounds as if it'd be handy.

I note that the U.S. is going (?) to opt in to the program within three years.  That'd be a real change to U.S. visa and immigration rules if correct.

Mac

Mac

If you have an American Passport you will be able to apply when they eventually

join the card program. I didn't realise it would be up to three years away though :o

I was told the USA government likes the card program because card holders

have had more in-depth background checks carried out on them than the average

visa applicant - which will satisfy your Department of Homeland Security.

However I should warn you it's not meant purely for retirees -you will

need to show you are carrying out at least some bona fide " business activities "

and a reasonable amount of

frequent traveling ( for business purposes ) in the APEC region :D