Non-o With Work Permit

Hi

Can someone clue me in on this question. Can you have a work permit with a NON_o married visa. Now showing B400,000 in the bank, remember the OR B400000 or B40000 a month new rules. If showing the B400000 can you be employed for less than the minimum B65000 for a Canadian. I asked the question at the immigration office and I thought the guy was going to cry, I think he is a stressed with the new law as we all are. But it does make sence but this is Thailand. Thanks

By the way I have been sitting and reading on the board for about a year

Great Board

Good answers

and remember there are now bad questions.

Yes, you can get a work permit using an entry permit from a Class O visa - this is absolutely routine. The Work Permit office had no specific rule for salaries, in issuing a work permit. It is a good idea to not go lower than about 40,000 baht per month.

Whatever monthly salary amount you specify, they will write this into your work permit booklet - and you cannot change this amount without getting a new booklet.

This is one new practice - you cannot change salary without a new book (you can change work location,and job position/description, by simply applying for a change in your existing book).

The other new change is that there is now a flat 100 baht application fee for a work permit, in addition to the approval fee.

With a Class O extended entry permit, you need not be concerned too much with salary level - the 40,000 baht per month will substitute for the 400,000 baht at next year's renewal. You also do not need to worry about your employer's capitalization pay-in level, or their Thai employee headcount.

Good luck!

Steve Sykes

Managing Director

Indo-Siam Group

Bangkok

[email protected]

www.thaistartup.com

You can get a WP whether you earn the minimum wage or not (you just won't get the long Visa extension) but you'd have to leave every 90 days. So yeah I think you can extend the Non-imm O with the money in the bank (rather than with the WP) and get a WP on top of it (I'm sure someone will know 100% the ins and outs...and sure enough someone has above^!).

HI

Thanks for the info. Next question if you are showing B400000 in the bank for a Non-0 visa and now you are working for your wife in a small buisness. Can you say pull a salary of lets say B25000 a month. Would there be additional tax's that the wife would have to pay on the buisness. Last question what would your tax's be per month.

Out of you salary, social fund withholding is a flat 5% (upo to a maximum of 750 baht), and this amount must be matched by employer - so total paid by company to Social Fund for a 25,000 baht salary is 1,500 baht. There is also personal income tax withholding - if you want that payroll amount calculated exactly, you will have to be someone's customer - and they will have to profile your deductions. But - it will almost assuredly be less than 5% if you are married.

Cheers!

Indo-Siam

HI

Thanks for the great info. The buisness my wife has is a Restaurant monthly on a yearly average is about B50000 net ( 80000 high 40000 low season). I really just want to give her a hand in the restaurant and not get tagged for cleaning a table.

But all said and done we will still have the B400000 in the bank for the NON-o visa.

But my question is with that income in the restaurant will there be any question about me pulling B25000 a month out. Now we all know I will use it to support my wife and daughter( who is also on a visa ) has two passports another long store for another time. We have been in Thailand for two years now renewed for the thrid but I have the feeling we are being watched ( really work very very little in the buisness just suggestions and the odd coffee but I really dont want any problems.

Thanks if you can give me your idea's

ps live in a small to mid sized town

HI

Thanks for all the info, but does anyone know if there is really a limit on the amount that they will let you pull as a salary. Would they ok 18,000 or 20,000 a month. BUt we would still B400000 in the bank for the visa. My wife is more worried about any special tax's because she has a her husband working for her.

One of her friends did this and at the end of the year was told of a special tax because the buisness must be doing so well because it was foriegn managed?

Over to you my last question on this matter.