Tiger Airways Website. . . .

technocracy

ARRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

I've just been attempting to book a flight from Udon to Singapore for the past 2 hours!

Fill out all the details and click purchase - Card Declined . .. check the details all correct . . . card declined . . . check again ... third time . . . your seats have been pulled from under you please close you browser and start again!!!

<deleted> . .. Ok so I try again go through the whole crap again - and low and behild this time it accepts the card details and I get to the Visa Verified stuff up, so I fill that out thinking great all done . . click ok . .. . a possible duplicate booking has been detected!

ARRRRRRGHHHHHH .. . so I phone Tiger Airways apparently one of the previous attempts is in Pending . . you need to phone your bank. Ok phone the bank (IoM) .. .. nope we dont see anything.... shit . . . phone back tiger airways ... tell them the bank ain't seeing nothing ... they say I will cancel the pending one and you can make the reservation again . .. try again . . duplicate book shit again!!!!!

So two hours and 3 international phones calls later and I still don't have tickets!

Really and truly like my f*cking arse!

Is it just me or is this standard?

Edited by technocracy

Thats some totally new sh*t ! but it's from verified by visa , and not from any airline. If ur issue bank joined this , than u're in a bit of dodo .. Have to call them to register your card for online purchases first .. Not sure if it'll solve the problem thou ! Had same trouble with 'srilankan' , than ended up going to the agent instead>> guilty party Bangkok Bank !

Thats some totally new sh*t ! but it's from verified by visa , and not from any airline. If ur issue bank joined this , than u're in a bit of dodo .. Have to call them to register your card for online purchases first .. Not sure if it'll solve the problem thou ! Had same trouble with 'srilankan' , than ended up going to the agent instead>> guilty party Bangkok Bank !

So this Verified by Visa thing is the problem - currently looking on the Verifiedbyvisa website. . .

I might get tickets yet!

EDIT: Nope the Verified by Visa site just say I am already registered, my bank is Barclays and they are listed as partners or whatever.

Edited by technocracy

So this Verified by Visa thing is the problem - currently looking on the Verifiedbyvisa website. . .

I might get tickets yet!

EDIT: Nope the Verified by Visa site just say I am already registered, my bank is Barclays and they are listed as partners or whatever.

Right well I seem to have got to the bottom of this!

It is this Verified by Visa crap - I have just discovered even though I registered through the linked Tiger Airways connection it doesn't actually complete the registration!!! You need to go to the Verifiedbyvisa website and login to add additional info. I can now see I have 3 payments pending . . . . . .

This verifiedbyvisa is utter <deleted> then not Tiger Airways! Although I don't understand why you are redirected to the fully website rather than doing it in a popup.

:o

ARRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

I've just been attempting to book a flight from Udon to Singapore for the past 2 hours!

Fill out all the details and click purchase - Card Declined . .. check the details all correct . . . card declined . . . check again ... third time . . . your seats have been pulled from under you please close you browser and start again!!!

<deleted> . .. Ok so I try again go through the whole crap again - and low and behild this time it accepts the card details and I get to the Visa Verified stuff up, so I fill that out thinking great all done . . click ok . .. . a possible duplicate booking has been detected!

You're not alone - same thing happened to me a few months ago, incidentally, also trying to book to Singapore but on a Mastercard. I finally gave up and took the bus.

My wife and I have spent the last 6 months organising a 22 week holiday touring asia and europe, all bookings whether budget flights , hotels ,train,carhire has been done over the internet, the only problem we had was ferkin Visa Verification :D we have had refusals for invalid card, card stolen,wrong security code even threatened with the law because I was trying to use a stolen card.But tiger airlines were one of the better websites we dealt with :o Nignoy

Yeah, it's the Verified by Visa stuff that's total carp, had similar problems using my Barclaycard for an online purchase :o

That said, once you've actually jumped through the hoops to get properly registered it does seem to work quite well although I'm not sure exactly what it's supposed to do for me as a user.

Yeah, it's the Verified by Visa stuff that's total carp, had similar problems using my Barclaycard for an online purchase :o

That said, once you've actually jumped through the hoops to get properly registered it does seem to work quite well although I'm not sure exactly what it's supposed to do for me as a user.

It's a fraud prevention mechanism so that if someone had a card or just the information, they can't make online purchases. They'd have to also know the internet password. I've only seen one website besides an airline that used it, but then they allowed me to opt out of using it, which defeats the whole purpose.

One somewhat stupid thing is that on my only card that has it, the Verified by Visa password is the same one used to log into my bank's website. That's fine, but they ask to set up a password, so I kept choosing something different, and had to reset it every transaction until someone finally told me to use the same password.

Edited by Carmine6

SUCCESS!! :o

Thank gawd for that! Phone up Tiger Airways this morning told them the whole sorry tale ... again ... this time the person I spoke to actually cancelled the stuck Pending booking, unlike last nights 'assistant'.

Went through the site again filled everything out triple checking everything - paranoid - click on the purchase button. Up popped the Visa thingy entered the password details and click ok and cross my fingers!!! :D

CONFIRMED.

Now I've just got sort out a hotel . .. :D

But cheers for the pointers on the Verified Visa thingy a real pain in the butt - but hopefully it should be smooth sailing from now onwards.

I too was tripped up by "Verified by Visa" when using the Tiger website. Didn't know anything about it and entered my WEB-BANKING PIN number. The card was then blocked, contacted the bank and they had to reset it , takes a couple of weeks...bla, blah , blah.

Strangely the Tiger site doesn't always go via the verified by visa check, so I managed to book SIN-BKK return tickets but couldn't book PER-SIN return tickets. Ended up ringing SIN from australia to get the booking done (time was fast running out).

I keep forgetting all the passwords, pins, verifieds etc I need.

SUCCESS!! :o

Thank gawd for that! Phone up Tiger Airways this morning told them the whole sorry tale ... again ... this time the person I spoke to actually cancelled the stuck Pending booking, unlike last nights 'assistant'.

Went through the site again filled everything out triple checking everything - paranoid - click on the purchase button. Up popped the Visa thingy entered the password details and click ok and cross my fingers!!! :D

CONFIRMED.

Now I've just got sort out a hotel . .. :D

But cheers for the pointers on the Verified Visa thingy a real pain in the butt - but hopefully it should be smooth sailing from now onwards.

Sure feels great when a bogdown finaly works....sorta like sex with out the heavy breathing :D

From what I read on another site, Tiger may be suspending it's route between Udon Thani and Singapore. Not sure of the exact date, but November 2007 was mentioned. I wasn't able to confirm this from Tiger's website though.

You cannot confirm, but you also cannot book after November.

Another website, which rhymes with udonmap.com, has a post from a guy who received an email from Tiger rescinding his post November booking, and telling him his refund is in the mail.

Pretty conclusive I would suggest.

And terribly furking disappointing for us Udonites who were happy to avoid the perils of the Swamp when traveling out of Thailand.