Quck Question - Entry Stamps And New Passport

Hi Just a quick question

I will have a new passport and have two recent stamps in my 6 month period leading up to end of this year and will be having three more trips between now the end of this 6 month period.

They alsways count the days from the stamps in my passport - what happens with a new passport?

Surely they have the dates on their system?

PS 461 Sing Dollars for passport!!!! 3 tims what i paid three years ago in Brussels

Should not complain though - poor bloke in front of me is here on holiday and lost his passport yesterday. It was handed in to the High Comission within an hour. He still has to get a new one as they say someone might have tampered with it so 381 SGD for that - he has to cancel the KL leg of his tour, pay for extra nights in Singapore then pay for himself to fly to BKK to re-join his tour

While I think many embassies or consulates from different countries act somewhat differently, I would suspect that they give you your old passport back after they have canceled it and it is available to take to immigration and have your pertinent stamps placed in your new passport by immigrations.

U.S. consulate gives you a letter to immigration to the effect that you were issued a new passport, although immigration didn't pay any attention to the letter when I showed them both the old and new passport to update the new one.

I dont think they care how many stamps you have, it is just the total number of days. I go quite frequently around SE Asia, spending about 1-2 weeks a month in Thailand. I probably come in and out of the country at least 3 times each month and they have never said anything.

While I think many embassies or consulates from different countries act somewhat differently, I would suspect that they give you your old passport back after they have canceled it and it is available to take to immigration and have your pertinent stamps placed in your new passport by immigrations.

U.S. consulate gives you a letter to immigration to the effect that you were issued a new passport, although immigration didn't pay any attention to the letter when I showed them both the old and new passport to update the new one.

Yes I will get my old one back - I could have had it there and then when I applied and they checked it - I would then hand it over when picking up the new one so they could chop off th corner and hand it back to me.

I will have to get various visa's and my employment pass stamped into the new one - I will go to MoM for the EP but will get the company's visa agent to do the rest.

I dont think they care how many stamps you have, it is just the total number of days. I go quite frequently around SE Asia, spending about 1-2 weeks a month in Thailand. I probably come in and out of the country at least 3 times each month and they have never said anything.

Yes I think its the total days too but they always seem to count from the passport rather than the screen?

I am fine on days as I have not been staying in Thailand long recently - not been outside of Bangkok since September 06 when I was in Nakhon Phanom !!!!!!

I don't understand why it is not all computerized. I could write program that could be used by the entire country in about 30 minutes (probably less) that keeps track of when people enter and exit, and how long they have been here. My guess is that they have not updated their software to keep track of the number of days, since they added these rules. They would have to pay someone to change the software, test it, deploy it and everything. And with the way they are always changing the rules, they probably would have to constantly be updating their software. They should really have someone in house for that.