Ps3 - Buy In Bangkok Or In Us

Silurian

I am thinking about buying a PS3 but I am not sure if I should buy one here in Bangkok or wait until I go on vacation to the US next month. I believe the prices are much better in the the US ($499 for the 60 Gig HD model as compared to prices in Bangkok). But I am not sure if I purchase the US model I will be able to find compatible games here. Does anyone have an idea whether it is better to buy a PS3 in Bangkok or in the US?

I am also thinking about getting the Wii, but it seems that it doesn't make much difference if I buy the Wii in Bangkok or US.

A bit OT but I was looking for a Wii too - what do they go for in BKK? I looked in Chiang Mai and the Wii was over USD 400, quite a bit more than the $250 in the US. That was modded and with 10 games but they didn't have a non-modded version...

I got an asian 60 gb one last weekend in bkk for 18,000 baht with a free game although the game was rubbish (gundam) it was a pretty good price, and not too far off $500 anyway. I think you're better off with asian version if you are living here. Although the games are region free, if you want to play online sometimes there are region issues for some games. The asian games for an asian system are cheaper too, eg ea sports games i noticed were around 1600 baht - asia, compared to 2100 bht europe / us.

I got it from NADZ project, (www.nadzproject.com) it's a kind of online store, I think. Basically, I got my thai girlfriend to ring. They delivered it to me to for 250 baht, which was great cause I live miles from the centre. It looks like they are sold out now though. But it shouldn't be more than 19,000 around MBK. Another website to check out is gcorners (google it!), i think they are based in china town. Still less than 20k.