Strength

tutsiwarrior

this is an interesting question...we never expect to be as strong at 60 as we were as 25. I was a serious surfer, technical mountineer and a logger in my mid 20s. Now I am overweight, diabetic and an alcoholic...my physical ability has declined as one would expect...I nearly passed out recently once on the job...was just looking around doing a routine inspection on a power station. My feet hurt as the safety shoes I had didn't fit and the ambient was about 43C. Things went white (you expect things to go black when passing out) as I was gazing over the Red Sea from the + 20m level from a boiler...dropped my hat and had to sit down to recover.

This disability has been sudden...a couple of years ago I could climb scaffolding and etc...now, I can't do shit...except stay in an air conditioned office and give orders to people...yeah,...one would say: 'what do you expect bein' diabetic and alcoholic...' but in Saudi I live a clean lifestyle and don't drink even though siddiq (moonshine, 180 proof) is available...

as we know that there is no way to reclaim the vitality of our youth how do we keep on keeping on?

sheryl...take this opportunity to whip my ass but please don't reccomend geritol...

No, I don't recommend geritol, Tutsi, but I do recommend AA or a similiar 12 step program. I know a very reasonably priced residential one in the Philippines if you're interested, only around $500 a month inclusive of room and board and very effective (I know coz I sent my nephew there).

In addition to dealing with your alcoholism, I think you already know that you:

- need yo keep your diabetes under control

- lose weight

-get a full check-up annually

By the way, it takes about a year to see the full benefits of sobriety, physically and mentally, so your dry periods in Saudi do not represent what you stand to gain by permanently getting off the booze.