Kebobs/shwarma/gyros Questions

JR Texas

For those of you in Bangkok, I order a lot from foodbyphone from Beiruit, the Lebanese restaurant. Excellent really, everything you would like.

Where is the restaurant?

*Edit, is there a term yet for when someone posts a question and then finds the answer on Google within 15 seconds?

Edited by Tony Clifton

For those of you in Bangkok, I order a lot from foodbyphone from Beiruit, the Lebanese restaurant. Excellent really, everything you would like.

Where is the restaurant?

*Edit, is there a term yet for when someone posts a question and then finds the answer on Google within 15 seconds?

Haha, yeah that person is lazy and describes me too. foodbyphonedotcom but I think we are prohibited by rules from providing links to any even remotely possible competitor to Thaivisa. :o I think we're ok at this time as I don't believe thaivisa have any announced food delivery service yet.

Where is the restaurant?

Haha, yeah that person is lazy and describes me too. foodbyphonedotcom but I think we are prohibited by rules from providing links to any even remotely possible competitor to Thaivisa. :o I think we're ok at this time as I don't believe thaivisa have any announced food delivery service yet.

Can we eat on the spot or is it delivery only?

JR Texas and others

Gyros: as far as I know normal Gyros (western european style would be a log mixed of pork and mutton)

as mutton is not very popular in west europe gyros places normally then use only pork

funny though, Gyros as we know it does not exist in Greece (I am being told by people visiting the place)

Pita bread: here what you get as Pita bread is more this Lebanese style bread for shwarma to be filled in

what I know as Pita bread from Greek Restaurants in Germany the bread is fresh(warm) size of a small Pizza and rather thick, and nothing to be filled in

any similar experiences here ?

Tsaitsiki: watch out for my new Mail Order Shop, there you'll have it.

homemade and best Tsaitsiki in Thailand, yet !

anybody can supply decent Pita Bread ?

:o:D

Seppl

to make good middle eastern bread (to wrap around shwarma rather than insert in a pocket) try to find a copy of Claudia Roden's A Book of Middle Eastern Food (a classic; mostly lebanese derrived recipies) which has a number of easy recipies for the real stuff...unfortunately, I left my copy on my book shelf in Suphan; got all the middle eastern food I want here in Saudi...maybe google for the recipie? easy to make; stove top...(in the Gulf area its called 'arabic bread')

Edited by tutsiwarrior

Where is the restaurant?

Can we eat on the spot or is it delivery only?

Beirut is next to the Taco Loco place in J-City, Silom (Saladaeng BTS). Not sure if the Ploenchit Center branch still exists. It's also one of my favorites when I'm in the area.