Money Transfer From Uk

Hi Binnsy, from what i remember you are going to retire here, once youve done your swift transfer, ask for a receipt from the recieving bank in Thai, your bank should have this in about 4 working days, you will need this to help with retirement visa, Swift has only ever cost me 20 quid whatever sum i transfer, thats with Nationwide online services, no flex acc charge, no atm withdrawal charge, no need to keep all ATM reciepts, can print them off online,

Another thing, i e-mailed them asking for the reciepts of recieving bank in Thai, just to help with my 2nd retirement visa, 5 days later, got a snail mail with all the details of my swift transfers to Thai, They really are a brilliant bank,

Hope this helps you mate, Lickey.

Can you initiate a Swift transfer from a Flexaccount online? I thought you had to fill forms in and sign them?

I have an alliance leicester account and sent money to thailand with a phone conversation only, they have an international dept to handle this,. painless,.

Sorry - still not clear

If i transfer just over $20K, are you saying that i now cannot get an FET if it is unfer 2Mio Baht ?

Cheers

So are you saying that now a FET forms will not be provided for transfers under 2Mio Baht ? (Even if the stated purpose of the transfer is for condo purchase and it is just over $20K)

Cheers

If you state its for buying a condo its not for personal expenses is it.

Cheers

Edit close quotes

No I am not.