Tt&t Server Problem?

thai4u

Anybody here experience this problem since yesterday?

tt&t say its a server problem..

will be happy to here from you..

I've been online quite a bit the past two days (using TT&T MaxNet ADSL), and haven't had any noticeable slowdown or inaccessible sites. However, I do not use the default DNS servers, I use OpenDNS*, and that might be the difference. If the TT&T DNS servers go down or get corrupted, it could cause problems accessing web sites.

(* See www.opendns.com for more information)

[edited to make opendns an active link]

Edited by wpcoe

Right now-Sunday 11.00am. I can't access anything except Thaivisa! Even www.opendns.com gets "server not found"

I have tried sites that I am sure have servers in Thailand but nothing!

Is anybody having the same problem at this time??

Right now-Sunday 11.00am. I can't access anything except Thaivisa! Even www.opendns.com gets "server not found"

I have tried sites that I am sure have servers in Thailand but nothing!

Is anybody having the same problem at this time??

Same problem right now...............cant access foreign site.

good that it's not only me....

apparently a DNS problem, when I key in teh IP address of the site I'm looking for it comes very fast.

After rebooting the comp twice problem seems to be solved....whether because of the reboot or TT&T intervention is up to your guess... :o

I've been online quite a bit the past two days (using TT&T MaxNet ADSL), and haven't had any noticeable slowdown or inaccessible sites. However, I do not use the default DNS servers, I use OpenDNS*, and that might be the difference. If the TT&T DNS servers go down or get corrupted, it could cause problems accessing web sites.

I had this problem on the 7th - the same day that I got upgraded to 2.5 Mb/s. Thai sites were screaming along, but no access to anywhere else.

I actually changed back to TT&T's DNS servers in case the problem was with the OpenDNS servers, but nothing seemed to help. Just waited a few hours and it all started working normally again. It wouldn't surprise me if it's not only TT&T upgrading their ADSL links - CAT may well be upgrading all sorts of links in their network: http://www.cat.net.th/internetmap/internetmap.html

Now that you've reminded me, I must change back to the OpenDNS servers again. :o

The internet map as presented by CAT is a big joke!

They make it look like they are still the only International Internet Gateway (IIG)!

The real situation you can find below, where you see many IIG's now, owned by several ISP's, including TT&T...

inetmap092007.gif

No improvement here............... :o

Trying to access this site...........

http://www.cdcovers.cc/

can anybody ?

I just accessed that page using TT&T Maxnet in Jomtien. The entire page loaded in less that 25 seconds (Opera shows the time elapsed as a page loads.)

To repeat, I've been online a lot the past several days, and not experienced any noticeable lack of access to overseas web sites. With my 2.5Mbps Maxnet, at night downloads seem to be around 200Kbps and during the weekday between 50 and 100Kbps, with some downloads during closer to 200Kbps even during the day.

(I've been doing a lot of downloading of Windows patches to hand carry on a DVD to my mom's sorely out-of-date WinXp computer back in the States. She only has dial-up and we have a hard time maintaining a connection with the Windows Update utility, so this is my back-up plan. And, as you know some of those patches are rather large.)

No improvement here............... :o

can anybody ?

I just accessed that page using TT&T Maxnet in Jomtien. The entire page loaded in less that 25 seconds (Opera shows the time elapsed as a page loads.)

To repeat, I've been online a lot the past several days, and not experienced any noticeable lack of access to overseas web sites. With my 2.5Mbps Maxnet, at night downloads seem to be around 200Kbps and during the weekday between 50 and 100Kbps, with some downloads during closer to 200Kbps even during the day.

(I've been doing a lot of downloading of Windows patches to hand carry on a DVD to my mom's sorely out-of-date WinXp computer back in the States. She only has dial-up and we have a hard time maintaining a connection with the Windows Update utility, so this is my back-up plan. And, as you know some of those patches are rather large.)

Tried Opera, Firefox and Msn......no luck.

T T & T.........Ji-Net Pattaya.

Can access Thai sites no problem and some foreign.............its sods law ,the site i need to access i can't

can anybody ?

No problem here, I'm on Maxnet in Chiang Mai.

Over the past week or so, I've had similar problems accessing international sites but it only lasts for a couple of hours and then all is ok. During those times some Thai sites (e.g. Bangkok Post) are also unavailable, but others (e.g. Bangkok Bank) come in load and clear.

Had no problems with Maxnet when this thread started, but got hit with the "server problem" last night and it's still out....

using TOT dial-up now... :D

Mines up and running ok again now.

Went into Carrefour Pattaya to see about swopping over to Maxnet from JI-Net and was told i needed to give Ji-Net a months notice before they would take my application to swop over to Maxnet..............asked what if i wanted both ISP'S running at the same time.....answer cannot do that sir. :o

Had no problems with Maxnet when this thread started, but got hit with the "server problem" last night and it's still out....

using TOT dial-up now... :D

Mines up and running ok again now.

Went into Carrefour Pattaya to see about swopping over to Maxnet from JI-Net and was told i needed to give Ji-Net a months notice before they would take my application to swop over to Maxnet..............asked what if i wanted both ISP'S running at the same time.....answer cannot do that sir. :o

Back up here now as well...

It happened here a couple of times already. The service came back after the apartment owner called up TT&T's service center only to drop again for no apparent reason. Speedtests are yielding quite impressive results but I can only access local sites.