Bir "sing"

Pepe'

In 1995 while in Chiang Mai we had a night out to celebrate after completing a two week intensive course in Traditional Thai Massage at the old Medicine Hospital.

My cocktail of choice was Singha. Long story short spent most of the evening at some Thai country bars had six or eight big Sings'.

Woke up on the floor of my room with yellow "polka dot spots" floating and filling the room.

My head hurt so bad I thought I was having a stroke.

It was nothing that a little Thai food and a cold Sing couldn't fix though... :o

replicate the experience in Mexico City or some other place at high altitude...you'll wish that you never was born...

I had to have sex 10 times in 3 hours inna hotel on Calle Uruguay in order to recover... :D

(to anticipate the usual 'yer fulla shit, tutsi...no one has sex 10 times in 3 hours...' I can elaborate by saying that there was a knock on the door... 'come in...' it was the chambermaid with towels and bed linnen and tutsi and his irish fiance at the time were en flagrante...I said 'come and join us...(ven a meter con nosotros)' she dropped the towels and sheets and fled in terror... :o:D:D ... a great story and DH Lawrence wrote 'The Plumed Serpent' just down the road in another hotel )

Edited by tutsiwarrior

replicate the experience in Mexico City or some other place at high altitude...you'll wish that you never was born...

I had to have sex 10 times in 3 hours inna hotel on Calle Uruguay in order to recover... :D

(to anticipate the usual 'yer fulla shit, tutsi...no one has sex 10 times in 3 hours...' I can elaborate by saying that there was a knock on the door... 'come in...' it was the chambermaid with towels and bed linnen and tutsi and his irish finace at the time were en flagrante...I said 'come and join us...(ven a meter con nosotros)' she dropped the towels and sheets and fled in terror... :D:D:D )

Ahhh, the Centro Historico. The Hotel Montecarlo perhaps? :o

(to anticipate the usual 'yer fulla shit, tutsi...no one has sex 10 times in 3 hours...' I can elaborate by saying that there was a knock on the door... 'come in...' it was the chambermaid with towels and bed linnen and tutsi and his irish finace at the time were en flagrante...I said 'come and join us...(ven a meter con nosotros)' she dropped the towels and sheets and fled in terror... :D:D:D )

Ahhh, the Centro Historico. The Hotel Montecarlo perhaps? :o

nah...it had an english name...near the top end of the street by the big boulevard...it had a lift/elevator...

Had the same experience after last TV pissup in Patters - just change the beverage into Chang. Pretty confident I only had 6 or so Changs. Don't remember getting back to the hotel. I was sick as a fk for the next day or so. Another chang was last thing on my mind. :o

Congrats BM on staying awake long enough to write one of your longest ever posts.

Naka.

In 1997, my alcoholic best buddy came to visit me. We went for breakfast in a nearby 'khao dtom' shop. When we left 6 hours later there were 32 large bottles of Singh to be paid for. Those were the days :o You should have seen the face of the shop owner. We then went down to a bar in Ramkhamhaeng to get pissed. I never got a headache from beer - I wish I had.

Had the same experience after last TV pissup in Patters - just change the beverage into Chang. Pretty confident I only had 6 or so Changs. Don't remember getting back to the hotel. I was sick as a fk for the next day or so. Another chang was last thing on my mind. :D

Congrats BM on staying awake long enough to write one of your longest ever posts.

Naka.

:D I've written much longer, search the archive!!! :o

Had the same experience after last TV pissup in Patters - just change the beverage into Chang. Pretty confident I only had 6 or so Changs. Don't remember getting back to the hotel. I was sick as a fk for the next day or so. Another chang was last thing on my mind. :o

"Hair of the dog" you know. Usually worked for me in the old days...

The first time that I got drunk I was about 12 years old and thought that you had to gulp it down quickly to get high. I had a big bottle of Johnny Walker and kept gulping it down until I couldn't walk.

The next day wasn't very pleasant! :o

------------------

Did you want a little "hair or the dog" the next day.

Kinda gives a new meaning to,"Here's Johnny."

Wow, I can't keep up with you folks. Two big glasses of beer and I am definitely feeling drunk. Three and I am as happy as a lark. At five, I have to throw up. I think if I made it to six, I'd end up in the hospital!

Wow, I can't keep up with you folks. Two big glasses of beer and I am definitely feeling drunk. Three and I am as happy as a lark. At five, I have to throw up. I think if I made it to six, I'd end up in the hospital!

my days of drinking more than a beer or two are long gone , the memory of a singha hangover will never leave me though

When it comes to local beers I prefer Leo.

When available though, beer Lao is my first choice. Failing that, Heineken, Singha or Chang will also do, but not so much for the taste as for the effect. One or two well chilled Asahis is not bad as a change.

Drinking eight large bottles of any strong beer in one night will make most people dehydrated enough to have a whopping hangover, especially if you add cigarette smoke.

One of the most obvious effects of quitting smoking is how much less of a hangover you get the next day.

In 1995 while in Chiang Mai we had a night out to celebrate after completing a two week intensive course in Traditional Thai Massage at the old Medicine Hospital.

My cocktail of choice was Singha. Long story short spent most of the evening at some Thai country bars had six or eight big Sings'.

Woke up on the floor of my room with yellow "polka dot spots" floating and filling the room.

It was nothing that a little Thai food and a cold Sing couldn't fix though... :D

Repeat the above but use Beer Chang, then you will know what a hang over truly is.... :o

It was nothing that a little Thai food and a cold Sing couldn't fix though... :D

Repeat the above but use Beer Chang, then you will know what a hang over truly is.... :o

Special Brew/Merrydown cider snakebites mixed with buckfast is pretty severe.

Special Brew/Merrydown cider snakebites mixed with buckfast is pretty severe.

eeeyowww!!! :D:D:D ...that's not a drink, that's a death wish...

There is hope for you yet. Practice makes perfect! :o

Fortunately I've learned from most of the mistakes I've made in life and this is no exception.

These days one or two of any cocktail is the limit.

Rare occasions more. Then I am reminded why I don't drink much any more.

During the event it's still as much fun as it ever was.

Now recovery time is a real biotch. Just not worth it anymore... :o

That is why I have never wanted to get to that point when you wake up the next day with some sh*t on you or next to you, not realize or remember a d*** thing! It's beyond your control, you could not stop all the 'cheers' over and over again which I totally understand :o loads of water or juice for the next day is always best cure hangover.

Now let me have Shirley Temple. Here we go -- cheeerrrss :D

Edited by legag