Any Coin-operated Laundry In Jomtien Area?

banker

Hi

I will be in Pattaya and stay at resort on Jomtien soi 5 for 2 weeks. This is my first trip to Thailand with my wife and kid. How can I do my own laundry there? I don't want to use hotel laundry service because they charged 40B/piece, insane price. My daugther is just 2 years old and she always get messy with the stains so we have to wash clothes twice a week otherwise the stains will be hard to remove. I would like to wash our clothes in one load and dry them together.

If you know where I can do self-operated coin-up laundry in Jomtien or Pattaya at good price, let me know.

I have never seen a Coin-op in Thailand, there are plenty of laundry's that are very cheap, the one I normally use is opposite the Jomtien Thani in soi 5, drop it of one evening pick it up the next, everything ironed, costs me about 200B (£3/$6) for about 5 days washing, itemized price list on display.

BB

Don't even think or worry about laundry, there are many good cheap laundry shops in that area. Laundry prices are Thai based, your probably looking at the prices you pay in the West, which are ridiculous, just walking in that area you will see many small shops.

Have a good holiday.

Cheers

Don't even think or worry about laundry, there are many good cheap laundry shops in that area.

1 day before returning to BKK (where we have a washing machine at home) we make sure that all our washing is done at a laundry (any, hundreds of them in Pattaya).

It is so ridiculously cheap - whole 10 days worth of washing is about 300 baht, including 3 yr old baby's clothes.

Glanced on the item list once, things were 5-8 baht per item, washed and ironed. And even stacked and wrapped in a plastic foil - ideal for packing prior to return home.

Coin operated laundry - I know of some people who use them to wash sneakers (concealed in a laundry bag). Or grease drenched car mechanics overalls.

I would not use it.

Edited by think_too_mut

I have never seen a Coin-op in Thailand, there are plenty of laundry's that are very cheap, the one I normally use is opposite the Jomtien Thani in soi 5, drop it of one evening pick it up the next, everything ironed, costs me about 200B (£3/$6) for about 5 days washing, itemized price list on display.

BB

They are everywhere, just go outside the tourists areas.

Why worry about doing your own laundry!!!! If you are in Jomtain go to Beach Way Laundry ,across from the Avolon Hotel just before Teppraset,if you're coming from Jomtain. You'll see "BUNGEE JUMP" on their wall. They have a gate on the side of the front that looks like a sun in yellow.They are the best laundry I have found. They charge a little more but not that much when you consider they have hot water and real dryers. If you do your own at a coin laundry ,it's not like back home ,it's cold water and there are only washers no dryers ,you'll still have to hang out your own stuff and iron. Beach Way has ironing available but they fold everything so nice ,after the dryer ,i have never needed ironing! The owner ,Jo, is always a joy to talk to and speaks great English! It's not worth the hassle to do your own here! If you don't go to Beach Way ,beware of other laundry who hang their ,or I should say 'YOUR', laundry out on the street . It gets dirtier than when you brought it in! This is also rainy season and if the sun doesn't come out for a few days you'll get your stuff back wet and it will mildew quickly!

All the pay per piece laundries will do a set amount of pieces for Bt500 (seems to be the standard amount). This can range from 50 pieces to 100 pieces with a fair average at 60/70. I lived in View Talay 2 and got 60 for Bt500 at the best out of the 4 laundries and had an arangement whereby I went to the top of the list, no queue. Duvets are an extra Bt100 each. Just ask them. Paying more to wash socks than they are worth is crazy.