Exciting Equipment

jaiyenyen

Ok, I have to start by saying that my G/f and I live in Bangkok, but we do have an old house and some land near Roi-et, so I think this qualifies me to ask a question.

After some members saying on another post, saying that the Issan forum is a bit slow at the moment, and boy's need their toy's I would like to ask all you rice/fish farmers, house builders etc........ What is your most exciting tool, or piece of equipment?

I'm afraid all i have to offer (because I live in BKK) is a small box of tools, although I do own a very fine mastic gun :o

Regards

Jaiyenyen

Ok, I have to start by saying that my G/f and I live in Bangkok, but we do have an old house and some land near Roi-et, so I think this qualifies me to ask a question.

After some members saying on another post, saying that the Issan forum is a bit slow at the moment, and boy's need their toy's I would like to ask all you rice/fish farmers, house builders etc........ What is your most exciting tool, or piece of equipment?

I'm afraid all i have to offer (because I live in BKK) is a small box of tools, although I do own a very fine mastic gun :o

Regards

Jaiyenyen

Its got to be the Iron Buffalo, bought it a few years ago for the family.

it would be inappropriate to reveal what my favourite and (according to my old lady) most exciting tool is :D

Without a doubt my little four wheel drive Yanmar tractor.

Well following a visit to the Doc's yesterday my latest gadget is a blood pressure monitor!

£10 from the pharmacy and does everything but make a cup of tea! :o

Just hope I live long enough to wear it out!

TBWG :D

May I introduce you to Betsy, a recent "Toys-for-the Boys" addition, a 1975 Series 3 LandRover that I have been doing up these past few months for "Fun-on-the-Farm!!!"

Great fun out in the sticks...wanna ride.....come visit!! :o:D

post-17773-1189663254_thumb.jpg

Shades of Daktari Ray..... would love a go.

To be perfectly honest and boring, I'd say my Suzuki mini-pickup truck. Looks like a miniature lorry (Thais refer to them as "Subaru's"), originally rated at 600 kg capacity. I had heavy duty truck tires & springs put on in the back, and it now handles o.k. with loads up to 2 tons. As it's a flat bed with no wheel wells, I can carry up to 250 blocks vs no more than 120 in a regular pickup truck. Also, I fitted its 600 cc 3-cyl. engine for LPG, so in fuel it costs me no more than 1 Bt/km to run, and even less now, with the new 5-gear transmission.

So what do I do for thrills? Well, I still have my Honda XR650, still on Phnom Penh number plate.... Haven't figured out a way yet to get the Ducati shipped over here. Any tips?

Incubus

Thaicoon - Did you buy it in your or wife's name?

When wife & I got married 3 years ago, we too felt that this would be the most ueful present for the family,

BUT

let this be a warning to all of you who want to help the family.

We got one of wife's brother's to buy it as he knew better than us what to buy.

He moved it a year ago from family house to keep at his house nearby and none of the others in the family were getting any benefit from it. When we asked him why, he blandly stated because it was his as he bought it in his name (with our money!!). We had worked out a scheme for whoever used it put a little into a kitty which could later be divide between the 4 more needy brothers & sisters of which he is one. As in his name, there is nothing that we can do.

We have lost nothing as we gave it as a present but we feel angry that he has basicaly stolen the other 3s share in it.

If any of you buy for the family, I suggest that you make sure that it is done so in YOUR name and at the same time,if necessary, work out a SIMPLE scheme so ALL benefit.

Brother-in-law's attitude has been my income has increased from B120 per day to B500 (now increased to B600 as petrol has gone up!!) per day and "I am not going to share any of it"!!!

Please be careful.

post-17773-1189663254_thumb.jpg

Shades of Daktari Ray..... would love a go.

Yo Thadd,

Now there is a "Blast from the Past" ----Daktari, yeah I used to love that--------I think we are showing our age now Thadd!!

As for a ride in Betsy, come visit any time, we'll give you a spin (or a few bumps anyway!!). :o

it would be inappropriate to reveal what my favourite and (according to my old lady) most exciting tool is :D

Dr Naam,

That’s probable right most old lady’s are experts....

It's probable inappropriate to, but I hope your not suggesting that this favorite tool is battery powered.

C-Sip

Thaicoon - Did you buy it in your or wife's name?

When wife & I got married 3 years ago, we too felt that this would be the most ueful present for the family,

BUT

He moved it a year ago from family house to keep at his house nearby and none of the others in the family were getting any benefit from it. When we asked him why, he blandly stated because it was his as he bought it in his name (with our money!!). We had worked out a scheme for whoever used it put a little into a kitty which could later be divide between the 4 more needy brothers & sisters of which he is one. As in his name, there is nothing that we can do.

We have lost nothing as we gave it as a present but we feel angry that he has basicaly stolen the other 3s share in it.

If any of you buy for the family, I suggest that you make sure that it is done so in YOUR name and at the same time,if necessary, work out a SIMPLE scheme so ALL benefit.

Brother-in-law's attitude has been my income has increased from B120 per day to B500 (now increased to B600 as petrol has gone up!!) per day and "I am not going to share any of it"!!!

Please be careful.

Bought in wifes name about 9 years ago, one of the best things i have bought, it is still in very good nick and they use on a daily basis, i use it sometimes to pull a trailer, you should see the Thai's laugh when they see a ferang driving it, well funny,

just my one brother in law uses it, so no big deal.

This is what i would like to buy for the family, so i could get my own back, and have a joke with them when they are driving around thailand.

van.jpg

Edited by Thaicoon

My most recent favorite device is a GPS. Yesterday I went to Udon Thani and since I was alone and feeling adventurous, I set it to favor minor roads and shortest distance on the way back home. I have since reset it to favor medium roads and avoid minor roads. What they call a minor road here is sometimes a goat path that any self respecting goat would avoid. It was indeed the shortest route but at times I was concerned that the two wheel drive truck wouldn't make it. I met another pickup and he had to back up about 200 meters to find a wide enough spot that we could pass each other.

BUT

Please be careful.

According to my wife if it is a small ride behind tractor you purchased there is no title to it. She said it should not be in anybodys name and he has no legal ownership. He might be trying to make you think it is legally his but if you get the Police involved you can get it back.

I'm afraid all i have to offer (because I live in BKK) is a small box of tools, although I do own a very fine mastic gun :D

Dr Naam,

That’s probable right most old lady’s are experts....

It's probable inappropriate to, but I hope your not suggesting that this favorite tool is battery powered.

C-Sip

to be on the safe side i just checked and didn't find any battery compartment. was a bit disappointed because once in a while i would like to add a few more horse powers to the tool (i am 63).

:o

Many a tool! Being a joiners son I obviously have passing interesting wood work and the current collection is:

Circular Saw

Makita Electric Planer

Makita Router

Bosch Cordless Hammer Drill

Bosch Hammer Drill

Makita Electric Chain saw(!)

But the one tool which I bought the other day and beats them all is my shiny new Honda 4-stroke brush cutter (strimmer on steroids) - can't beat a tool with an engine! :o