Two Pages Left In My Passport

My "TV-Extension" expires the 23/9-07 and i have only got two pages left in my passport. Will this constitute a problem for me when i apply for a new tourist visa, i plan to do that in Malaysia/Penang throu Thaivisa Travel. Please advise.

Your next Thai visa will take one full page. It might be time to get a new passport.

It might be time to get a new passport.

No need for that. Just stop by your country's Embassy and have pages added. Quick, easy, and free.

That depends on your country. Not all countries add pages to passports. If you're a British citizen you will need to get a new passport as the UK government doesn't add pages to passports.

US people can get more pages for free in Bangkok. I had a funny experience with my last new passport. The application info clearly says if you want extra pages just enclose a note saying you want that. Sent the note. No extra pages.

Edited by Jingthing

I would make time to get a new passport before the 23rd however.
Might be a tad late to actually receive a new passport before the 23rd now. Nonetheless I support the notion to start NOW to apply for a new passport, or get extra pages (if that's an option). Waiting until you are standing at an airport Immigrations podium and the Inspector says, "Sorry, I cannot find a valid space to stamp your passport," might be a bit nerve-wracking. Especially if it's in the arrivals hall.

Dont take the risk, apply for a new passport. Years ago I was asked by the Penang consulate to get a new passport even though I still have 4 pages left. Didnt have choice than to go to my embassy in KL and get a new one. Wasted a lot of time and money.

Now you've got me thinking. I have 5 full pages and two -half empty pages. I'm not worried about whether they give me a t.v. based on my passport record, but the question would seem to be how many pages should you have left if not coming from a country that issues extra pages (the U.K. is not one -greedy bugg$$rs). Obviously, its the usual up to the immigration officer as to whether you get a visa or whether your passport is "dirty" due to the number of stamps. What would you do if you were staying on t.v.'s (yes, I am a perpetuaL tourist) and what would be the minimum no. of pages you would guess to be "safe".

US people can get more pages for free in Bangkok. I had a funny experience with my last new passport. The application info clearly says if you want extra pages just enclose a note saying you want that. Sent the note. No extra pages.

Sorry that the clerk missed your note.

In my case, I had added pages to my previous passport at the US Consulate in Hong Kong. Later, when I turned it in for renewal at Bangkok, the new one came with extra pages already included.

Americans (US types) can request a 48 page passport when getting a new one, and can add pages as well. If you travel thru the ME much everytime you enter/leave most countries it takes an entire page. Now that passports are valid for 10 years, I had to add pages twice to my last one, which started out at 49 pages.