Satit Udomsak School Now Offering English Program

JimmyTheMook

Recently Satit gave out a questionnaire to parents asking if they would be interested in the school implementing an English program, they had according to their recent notice a very positive response and are now offering a course structure offering half the subjects taught in English.

This upcoming Saturday , Sept 15th, starting at 9am at the school auditorium Satit is inviting all parents to attend a meeting outlining this program in detail.

For those parents interested I'm sure you will also be welcome to listen in.

Edited by JimmyTheMook

It's well signposted from Sukhumvit. Going south go past Tesco Lotus and Underwater world (on your right) and then take the first left after the Golf driving range on your left hand side.

As I say there is a massive road sign marking the turn off.

Yes,

Yesterday my daughter came back frm, school with an invitation for Saturday meeting.

For who interested cost for a full year (2 semesters) will be around 96-104 K TB. depending on class.

Not sure what Best is charging currently for a year, but currently at Sathit for Thai education system we pay (i think) roughly 40-45 K TB a year.

Peter

I'll try this again, Humphrey.

Turn left off of Sukhumvit, heading to Sattahip, at the first street after the driving range. The one that leads to the K-9 school.

Proceed on this road for approximately 500 meters and turn right immediately after crossing the railroad tracks.

The school has signs up in English that will lead you there.

Yes,

Yesterday my daughter came back frm, school with an invitation for Saturday meeting.

For who interested cost for a full year (2 semesters) will be around 96-104 K TB. depending on class.

Not sure what Best is charging currently for a year, but currently at Sathit for Thai education system we pay (i think) roughly 40-45 K TB a year.

Peter

40 - 45 K a year. Does this amount includes all the expenses like food, transportation etc.?

Can you give me pls. the tel. number of the school.

Thanks.

WCA

Yes,

Peter

My son goes to Best. Currently we pay 20,000 Baht per term and 5000 baht for a one month summer school which includes a trip to Bangkok. Usually dreamworld.

I looked into Sattip a year ago and at that time their was no english program. Now i am not satisfied with Best. Their foreign teachers are no longer doing an adequate job, and even the thai teachers are just really going through the motions.

Whoever goes to the meeting on saturday, can you please ask nwho will teach the English subjects. To learn correctly with English grammar they must be native English speakers.

Barry

Yes,

Peter

My son goes to Best. Currently we pay 20,000 Baht per term and 5000 baht for a one month summer school which includes a trip to Bangkok. Usually dreamworld.

I looked into Sattip a year ago and at that time their was no english program. Now i am not satisfied with Best. Their foreign teachers are no longer doing an adequate job, and even the thai teachers are just really going through the motions.

Whoever goes to the meeting on saturday, can you please ask nwho will teach the English subjects. To learn correctly with English grammar they must be native English speakers.

Barry

I have a child in P3. I have no concerns with my childs teacher ( Steve ) and with Graham ( S3, S2 ) and David ( science )

I have concerns with all the other foreign teachers..............mostly Fillipno. They do not understand grammar.

I am concerned with an Indian teacher and Chinese teachers who do not teach but simply allow the children to play games on computers all the time.

I am concerned about young Thai teachers who allow children to run riot in the classroms whilst they sit at the desk listening to MP3 music.

This BEST school is going to the dogs and its no wonder some of the Native speakers are now demoralised.

I will be attending the meeting on Saturday to see what the options are although my child will miss a good teacher. But the rest are just rubbish.

This BEST school is going to the dogs and its no wonder some of the Native speakers are now demoralised.

I will be attending the meeting on Saturday to see what the options are although my child will miss a good teacher. But the rest are just rubbish.

That is one helluva statement to make. How do you know this, do you have children in every level?

Yes,

Peter

40 - 45 K a year. Does this amount includes all the expenses like food, transportation etc.?

Can you give me pls. the tel. number of the school.

Thanks.

WCA

Those figures do not include books, uniforms and school bus.

The newEnglish program on offer just about doubles the cost of Satit's standard course, hope it is worth it.

That is one helluva statement to make. How do you know this, do you have children in every level?

Actually............i have a child in P3 and P5. I also had my eldest who was in S1 .

They have come across ALL the teachers ( when they have to substitute for the regular teachers who are sick or on border runs etc )

What else would you like to know?

There are only 4 or 5 good teachers there.

Edited by Manchester

Turn left off of Sukhumvit, heading to Sattahip, at the first street after the driving range. The one that leads to the K-9 school.

Proceed on this road for approximately 500 meters and turn right immediately after crossing the railroad tracks.

Thanks - I'll ask my wife to visit.

But our kids are currently going to Aksorn, which is a 10k per half year school, so the improvement would have to be pretty big to consider a change - and - as I thought - it is on the wrong side of Sukhumvit for us.

But our kids are currently going to Aksorn, which is a 10k per half year school, so the improvement would have to be pretty big to consider a change - and - as I thought - it is on the wrong side of Sukhumvit for us.

Humps does aksorn have an english language programme and if so where is it located

Actually............i have a child in P3 and P5. I also had my eldest who was in S1 .

They have come across ALL the teachers ( when they have to substitute for the regular teachers who are sick or on border runs etc )

First it was 3 good teachers, then it was "my child will miss a good teacher, but all the rest are rubbish" and now it's 4 or 5 good teachers.

Which one is it?

I,m referring to the teacher that teaches my child in P3. I,m aware there are other good teachers like Graham ( seniors ) David ( science ) etc. I was referring to MY childs teacher. They do NOT teach my child but i am aware they are good teachers having spoken to other parents.

You are trying to make my comments look a little irrational instead of having a quick think about what i,m saying.

Actually..........you sound like a teacher yourself.

Please try to understand a little of what i,m saying.

Edited by Manchester

I,m referring to the teacher that teaches my child in P3. I,m aware there are other good teachers like Graham ( seniors ) David ( science ) etc. I was referring to MY childs teacher. They do NOT teach my child but i am aware they are good teachers having spoken to other parents.

You are trying to make my comments look a little irrational instead of having a quick think about what i,m saying.

Manchester, stick to the forum. I can do without inane comments coming via my e-mail address!

Why are the teachers doing border runs?

Sounds like the old tricks of employing any (body) and promising a work permit sometime in the future knowing full well this can never happen because the "teacher" is not qualified or doesn't have a degree.

Any teacher having to do a "border run" must be assumed to be working illegaly - is this satisfactory to you as parents when any moment the immigration police can walk into the classroom and arrest the teacher.

Why are these teachers working "illegaly" for peanuts? what are their backgrounds. We all know some of the recent horror stories and those were just the tip of the iceberg.

As for Indians, Philipinos and the likes well lost for words.......

Sounds like the old tricks of employing any (body) and promising a work permit sometime in the future knowing full well this can never happen because the "teacher" is not qualified or doesn't have a degree.

Any teacher having to do a "border run" must be assumed to be working illegaly - is this satisfactory to you as parents when any moment the immigration police can walk into the classroom and arrest the teacher.

Why are these teachers working "illegaly" for peanuts? what are their backgrounds. We all know some of the recent horror stories and those were just the tip of the iceberg.

A teacher that does a 90 day border run is NOT in any way automatically " ILLEGAL "

A teacher can have a WP and still hold a multi imm B Visa. You do NOT have to get a visa extension for 1 year.

Holding a multi imm B Visa requires a border run every 90 days. The WP would then have to be renewed for another 90 days.

That is a painless process if all the paperwork is correct and the school admin have their act together as my current school does.

So please take care what you state with misleading information.

Edited by stevemiddie

A teacher that does a 90 day border run is NOT in any way automatically " ILLEGAL "

A teacher can have a WP and still hold a multi imm B Visa. You do NOT have to get a visa extension for 1 year.

Holding a multi imm B Visa requires a border run every 90 days. The WP would then have to be renewed for another 90 days.

That is a painless process if all the paperwork is correct and the school admin have their act together as my current school does.

My information is in no way misleading - perhaps the wording however should be a litle different "many teachers" rather than "Any Teachers"

I worked in the teaching business for 12 years in Bangkok as a teacher and later as an agent placing teachers in schools and corporate contracts. In my opinion, in my humble opinion, after all I have only 12 years experience, I have only been in touch with maybe a thousand teachers and only maybe 100 schools in Thailand. In my opinion I estimate more than 50% of teachers are unqualified and working illegaly in Thailand.

So I understand the "at my school" opinion. I know that some schools work entirely to the letter of the law. However many many many do not.

Maybe things have changed since I got out of the business a year or two ago. A lot of teachers have had to leave the teaching game and leave Thailand altogether. Their choice of destination - places like Cambodia and they don't go there for higher pay or to enjoy the language and culture do they?

There are many fine schools out there. There are many many good, qualified, dedicated and trustworthy teachers. But oh dear if the parents only knew what some of the teachers of their "little darlings" get up to outside of the school gates..........

Finally you mention the painless process the schools must go through to get the paperwork right.

You know, I know, The schools know it is ILLEGAL for a teacher to step foot in a classroom without having a work permit tucked in his or her pocket.

Maybe you are one of the few - the very few who started your job with a work permit done and dusted and tucked away in your back pocket. If so you are one of the lucky ones. I suggest this RARELY happens. Teachers are taken on. Put to work days later and then sent the next month or months later to exchange that tourist visa or stamp on arrival into a visa that is more appropriate to even START the work permit process. During this period - quite simply they are working ILLEGALY

My information is in no way misleading - perhaps the wording however should be a litle different "many teachers" rather than "Any Teachers"

I worked in the teaching business for 12 years in Bangkok as a teacher and later as an agent placing teachers in schools and corporate contracts. In my opinion, in my humble opinion, after all I have only 12 years experience, I have only been in touch with maybe a thousand teachers and only maybe 100 schools in Thailand. In my opinion I estimate more than 50% of teachers are unqualified and working illegaly in Thailand.

So I understand the "at my school" opinion. I know that some schools work entirely to the letter of the law. However many many many do not.

Maybe things have changed since I got out of the business a year or two ago. A lot of teachers have had to leave the teaching game and leave Thailand altogether. Their choice of destination - places like Cambodia and they don't go there for higher pay or to enjoy the language and culture do they?

There are many fine schools out there. There are many many good, qualified, dedicated and trustworthy teachers. But oh dear if the parents only knew what some of the teachers of their "little darlings" get up to outside of the school gates..........

Finally you mention the painless process the schools must go through to get the paperwork right.

You know, I know, The schools know it is ILLEGAL for a teacher to step foot in a classroom without having a work permit tucked in his or her pocket.

Maybe you are one of the few - the very few who started your job with a work permit done and dusted and tucked away in your back pocket. If so you are one of the lucky ones. I suggest this RARELY happens. Teachers are taken on. Put to work days later and then sent the next month or months later to exchange that tourist visa or stamp on arrival into a visa that is more appropriate to even START the work permit process. During this period - quite simply they are working ILLEGALY

You need to read your earlier post. You stated that any teacher doing a border run is probably illegal. That statement kinda covers all teachers.

And yes.............you have been out of the game too long now. Major changes have happened.

My WP was secured before i started work. In Chonburi ( which covers Pattaya ) they are now asking first time applicants for criminal record checks. This is followed by an interview with the poo yai at Chonburi MoE. The teachers license may then be issued following verification of the degree. The Labour Department then want to see all this paperwork again. Followed by immigration delving into it as well.

Please try not to be flippant. You quite rightly have been out of this for too long now and the fact you have visited 100 schools says what? You dealt with 100 schools. And yes...............your 12 years makes no impression on really experienced professionals. Get back to me when you have 25 years .

Please do not apply your Bangkok logic and so called experience by posting information on alleged illegal teachers with such a broad statement.

Edited by stevemiddie

You need to read your earlier post. You stated that any teacher doing a border run is probably illegal. That statement kinda covers all teachers.

And yes.............you have been out of the game too long now. Major changes have happened.

My WP was secured before i started work. In Chonburi ( which covers Pattaya ) they are now asking first time applicants for criminal record checks. This is followed by an interview with the poo yai at Chonburi MoE. The teachers license may then be issued following verification of the degree. The Labour Department then want to see all this paperwork again. Followed by immigration delving into it as well.

Please try not to be flippant. You quite rightly have been out of this for too long now and the fact you have visited 100 schools says what? You dealt with 100 schools. And yes...............your 12 years makes no impression on really experienced professionals. Get back to me when you have 25 years .

Please do not apply your Bangkok logic and so called experience by posting information on alleged illegal teachers with such a broad statement.

Yeah yeah Mr. Teacher you know best. You are obviously an expert.

Yes things have changed - fixed the problem - I don't think so.

The Schools are the same

The School Principles and Principals are the same

The teachers haven't changed overnight.

How many schools do you have experience with that qualifies you to be an expert?

I didn't say I have "visited" 100 schools. I said I have been "in touch" with hundreds of schools. Take this as you will but it was certainly not armed with a whiteboard marker and a copy of Headway.

I did mention 12 years in Bangkok - you asked for 25

How about 30+ years in the teaching business not all of course in Bangkok - does that qualify me to give a little opinion now and then?

Do you think I am stupid and don't know about the new "rules" and "regulations"

Do you think that has cleaned up the deplorable situations that have and will continue to happen in Thai schools?

Oh Mr. Farang Teacher you have a lot to learn!

Manchester, stick to the forum. I can do without inane comments coming via my e-mail address!

Don't worry about it Westener! She is a northern monkey that is very aggressive and bitter! :o

For WESTERNER.

You are so up to date with the new rules and regs that you stated in your first post that any teacher that does a 90 day border run is obviously illegal. You are proved wrong.

No you are not qualified to talk about the present rules and regulations. In your own words.............you have been away for a year or so.

30 years experience? That makes you at least 50 years old. You are obviously in high demand in Thailand. :o

Do i think you are stupid? Well................yes. I refer you to your first post. Illegal teachers etcd.

So..............you are so against illegal teachers that you have never placed any in schools . Mmmmmmmmmm Me thinks........MOR*N

Your time is finished old man.........move on.

PS........ You are up to date with the new rules and regs?

Ok.............what does a Fillipino teacher have to show to the MoE regarding transcripts?

I,m waiting Mr Know it Nothing.

Don't worry about it Westener! She is a northern monkey that is very aggressive and bitter! :D

:o Another wanabee muppet

For WESTERNER.

You are so up to date with the new rules and regs that you stated in your first post that any teacher that does a 90 day border run is obviously illegal. You are proved wrong.

No you are not qualified to talk about the present rules and regulations. In your own words.............you have been away for a year or so.

30 years experience? That makes you at least 50 years old. You are obviously in high demand in Thailand. :D

Do i think you are stupid? Well................yes. I refer you to your first post. Illegal teachers etcd.

So..............you are so against illegal teachers that you have never placed any in schools . Mmmmmmmmmm Me thinks........MOR*N

Your time is finished old man.........move on.

PS........ You are up to date with the new rules and regs?

Ok.............what does a Fillipino teacher have to show to the MoE regarding transcripts?

I,m waiting Mr Know it Nothing.

WHY HAVE YOU ADDRESSED THIS TO ME? :o

Now steady on guys this does not have get so personal!

The OP has posted a very interesting post that a lot of people in Pattaya with children school age will be interested in and I for one am very interested to know about the English programme at Satit school and I am not interested in the petty sniping that is going on here.

I think that we can safely say that BEST school has really gone down hill in the last year and I know as I do have two children at this school. You only have read the recent threads about this school to realize how bad it is and they really don't seem interested in doing anything to improve the situation so the only option is to find another school.

I have missed the meeting at Satit school but I would be very interested to know the details of their proposed English programme course and the costs involved, is there anywhere that I can get it?

I have missed the meeting at Satit school but I would be very interested to know the details of their proposed English programme course and the costs involved, is there anywhere that I can get it?

Well I went today and it seemed like a big turnout of parents showed.

The fee's are approx 100,000 Thai Baht per Year ( 2 terms) Buses and Uniforms are extra.

I will be placing my kids in the program as my options are somewhat limited in that I'd love to pay for an international school but cannot really afford it.

The was a good Q&A session and the main concerns were will the program be taught by actual native English speaking teachers.

It seems for the most part the English lessons will be and they may employ some Filipinos and Indians for other subjects such as math and science.

The price although double what Satit chrages for the "standard" program still seems affordable compared to the International schools.

Would like some other opinions for those who attended todays meeting.

Well I went today and it seemed like a big turnout of parents showed.

The fee's are approx 100,000 Thai Baht per Year ( 2 terms) Buses and Uniforms are extra.

I will be placing my kids in the program as my options are somewhat limited in that I'd love to pay for an international school but cannot really afford it.

The was a good Q&A session and the main concerns were will the program be taught by actual native English speaking teachers.

It seems for the most part the English lessons will be and they may employ some Filipinos and Indians for other subjects such as math and science.

The price although double what Satit chrages for the "standard" program still seems affordable compared to the International schools.

Would like some other opinions for those who attended todays meeting.

Thanks Jimmy, any other comments from this meeting?

When do they propose to start this new English Programme?

Is it possible to meet the English teachers beforehand for an informal chat?

Do they have enough native English teachers to do this? When we visited this school 2 years ago they did not have any but of course they did not offer a bi-lingual option then.

100K seems quite a lot for this (double the BEST prices) I would like to know exactly what you get for this money.

Do they have any written information for interested parties?

Em

After the Driving range - wait for it - just before the 7-11, turn left, unusual directions for Thailand I know, but true, the road is called Taanman Road.

Cheers