Alex Ferguson Attacked

taxexile

Alex Ferguson is attacked at train station

(Martin Rickett/)

Sir Alex Ferguson was attacked at Euston station this week

A man is due to appear in court today charged with attacking Sir Alex Ferguson, the Manchester United manager, at London’s Euston station.

Sir Alex, 65, had just got off of the train when he is said to have been the victim of an apparently random attack. A man is alleged to have run up to him and kicked him on his shins.

The manager called for help and a British Transport Community Support Officer arrested a 43-year-old man. Although the officer is also said to have been assaulted during the arrest neither he nor Sir Alex needed hospital treatment.

Sir Alex is believed to have been on his way to represent the Society for Multiple Sclerosis at a charity event organised by City traders.

A 40-year-old man has been charged with one count of ABH, one count of assault and one racially aggravated public order offence over the alleged incident.

A British Transport Police spokesman said: “Following assaults on a member of the public and a BTP Police Community Support Officer at Euston Rail station at about 4.15pm on Monday, 43-year-old Kevin Reynolds has been charged with one count of ABH, one count of common assault and two counts of section 5 public order racially aggraviated. He is due at Westminster City Magistrates court today.”

the times online.

Sir Alex, 65, had just got off of the train when he is said to have been the victim of an apparently random attack. A man is alleged to have run up to him and kicked him on his shins.

..... but i was going for the balls m'lud :o

Forty-three-year-old Kevin Reynolds pleaded guilty to assaulting the Manchester United manager outside a train station before attacking the officer and racially abusing him.

Reynolds appeared at City of London Magistrates Court and was warned he could be jailed when he is sentenced at a later date at London's Southwark Crown Court.

The attack took place on Monday shortly after 4pm when Sir Alex was waiting for his driver outside Euston Station in central London.

Reynolds, originally from Fife but now of no fixed abode, approached Sir Alex, who initially thought that the man staggering towards him was a beggar asking for money, the court heard.

Instead Reynolds struck Sir Alex in the groin area, leaving him doubled up in pain.

The court was told that Reynolds then said: "I'm sorry Fergie. I did not know it was you."

He then chanted: "Fergie, Fergie, shut your mouth" - a football shout common in Scotland.

A police support officer arrived at the scene at which point Sir Alex pointed out his aggressor.

While trying to restrain Reynolds, PCSO Peace Toluwa was head butted in the face, causing a cut to his upper lip.

He was then subjected to a number of racial slurs by Reynolds.

In court Reynolds pleaded guilty to two counts of racially-aggravated public order, one common assault and one count of actual bodily harm.

Reynolds' defence counsel, Adeola Olowu, said her client at first thought it was merely someone who looked like Sir Alex and not actually the renowned football manager himself.

She added that her client said he was joking around and that he struck Sir Alex whilst shadow boxing.

Sitting magistrate Daphne Wickham said: "I do not think Sir Alex Ferguson saw this as a joke."

She said Reynolds was "a fighting drunk", adding that her powers of sentence, which allow for six months' imprisonment, were insufficient.

She committed the case to Southwark Crown Court at a future date and remanded Reynolds in custody.

http://www.teamtalk.com/football/story/0,1...2723799,00.html

Sounds like he will get what he deserves.

Cheers

Forty-three-year-old Kevin Reynolds pleaded guilty to assaulting the Manchester United manager outside a train station before attacking the officer and racially abusing him.

Reynolds appeared at City of London Magistrates Court and was warned he could be jailed when he is sentenced at a later date at London's Southwark Crown Court.

The attack took place on Monday shortly after 4pm when Sir Alex was waiting for his driver outside Euston Station in central London.

Reynolds, originally from Fife but now of no fixed abode, approached Sir Alex, who initially thought that the man staggering towards him was a beggar asking for money, the court heard.

Instead Reynolds struck Sir Alex in the groin area, leaving him doubled up in pain.

The court was told that Reynolds then said: "I'm sorry Fergie. I did not know it was you."

He then chanted: "Fergie, Fergie, shut your mouth" - a football shout common in Scotland.

A police support officer arrived at the scene at which point Sir Alex pointed out his aggressor.

While trying to restrain Reynolds, PCSO Peace Toluwa was head butted in the face, causing a cut to his upper lip.

He was then subjected to a number of racial slurs by Reynolds.

In court Reynolds pleaded guilty to two counts of racially-aggravated public order, one common assault and one count of actual bodily harm.

Reynolds' defence counsel, Adeola Olowu, said her client at first thought it was merely someone who looked like Sir Alex and not actually the renowned football manager himself.

She added that her client said he was joking around and that he struck Sir Alex whilst shadow boxing.

Sitting magistrate Daphne Wickham said: "I do not think Sir Alex Ferguson saw this as a joke."

She said Reynolds was "a fighting drunk", adding that her powers of sentence, which allow for six months' imprisonment, were insufficient.

She committed the case to Southwark Crown Court at a future date and remanded Reynolds in custody.

http://www.teamtalk.com/football/story/0,1...2723799,00.html

Sounds like he will get what he deserves.

Cheers

ADEOLA OLOWU ,if you dont have a lawyer we will supply you the best :o

Reynolds' defence counsel said her client at first thought it was merely someone who looked like Sir Alex and not actually the renowned football manager himself.

Oh, OK. That's all right then. :o:D:D

I think this guy would have done better with Gary Neville as defence.

Yeah, real hard picking on a 65 year old. Funny, that all the Leeds lot who have been asking for sympathy are now taking the P-ss. In future, I'll not bother about having any Sympathy for their plight.

WABOM'S

Did you perchance not understand what I meant?

Cheers

Funny, that all the Leeds lot who have been asking for sympathy are now taking the P-ss. In future, I'll not bother about having any Sympathy for their plight.

he wasnt hurt , and for fans of the game , there is some mileage to be had from a story like this , where the most controversial manager of the highest profile team in the country is "fouled" by an aggressive drunk.

the purple nosed one will be laughing at this himself , not sulking.

Edited by taxexile

(Martin Rickett/)

A man is due to appear in court today charged with attacking Sir Alex Ferguson, the Manchester United manager, at London's Euston station.

The manager called for help and a British Transport Community Support Officer arrested a 43-year-old man. Although the officer is also said to have been assaulted during the arrest neither he nor Sir Alex needed hospital treatment.

Sir Alex is believed to have been on his way to represent the Society for Multiple Sclerosis at a charity event organised by City traders.

A 40-year-old man has been charged with one count of ABH, one count of assault and one racially aggravated public order offence over the alleged incident.

A British Transport Police spokesman said: "Following assaults on a member of the public and a BTP Police Community Support Officer at Euston Rail station at about 4.15pm on Monday, 43-year-old Kevin Reynolds has been charged with one count of ABH, one count of common assault and two counts of section 5 public order racially aggraviated. He is due at Westminster City Magistrates court today."

the times online.

It will be a football related attack from some lowlife lout,.some see their teams as a country going to war, i will never undersatand football and some of its supporters ,.pathetic,. Edited by mikethevigoman

(Martin Rickett/)

A man is due to appear in court today charged with attacking Sir Alex Ferguson, the Manchester United manager, at London's Euston station.

A British Transport Police spokesman said: "Following assaults on a member of the public and a BTP Police Community Support Officer at Euston Rail station at about 4.15pm on Monday, 43-year-old Kevin Reynolds has been charged with one count of ABH, one count of common assault and two counts of section 5 public order racially aggraviated. He is due at Westminster City Magistrates court today."

the times online.

It will be a football related attack from some lowlife lout,.some see there teams as a country going to war, i will never undersatand football and some of its supporters ,.pathetic,.

I do not think it was a football supporter - well one who could afford to go anyway.

He was a down and out sweatie fae Fife drunk and begging at Euston Station

(Martin Rickett/)

the times online.

It will be a football related attack from some lowlife lout,.some see there teams as a country going to war, i will never undersatand football and some of its supporters ,.pathetic,.

I do not think it was a football supporter - well one who could afford to go anyway.

Ithink you will see a quote here from one of the other members that he thought alex looked like alex furguson and attacked him ,.

(Martin Rickett/)

the times online.

Ithink you will see a quote here from one of the other members that he thought alex looked like alex furguson and attacked him ,.

So he recognised him - does that make him a football supporter? - I am sure mysister would recognise him too but she has never been to a game nor watch it on TV!

:o

(Martin Rickett/)

the times online.

..... but i was going for the balls m'lud :D

So he recognised him - does that make him a football supporter? - I am sure mysister would recognise him too but she has never been to a game nor watch it on TV!

Lets look into it then, ill have a wager it was football related,( only in theory of course as we know gambling is illegal in los ) :D Edited by mikethevigoman

(Martin Rickett/)

the times online.

Lets look into it then, ill have a wager it was football related,( only in theory of course as we know gambling is illegal in los ) :D

Define football related? :D

(Martin Rickett/)

the times online.

Lets look into it then, ill have a wager it was football related,( only in theory of course as we know gambling is illegal in los ) :D

Because alex wasnt the manager of his suported team or similar ?

(Martin Rickett/)

the times online.

Because alex wasnt the manager of his suported team or similar ?

So if he got hit just because he was a well known face or celebrity its not football - I can go with that.

What about if the sweatie had not been to a game in say 10-15-20 years - never really a football supporter but just because he lived in a town with a team he would answer that team if asked who he supported?