Old Person Extension

In reading the posts referring to visa extensions, everyone suggests that there is only one thirty day extension given per tourist visa entry. Perhaps this has been noted elsewhere in the forum, but in fact a second 30 day extension (for 1900bt) is available to those over 55.

Or was all of last year. Anybody know anything about this? Certainly the staff at the Vancouver consulate didn't- but conceded when I showed two back to back extensions in my passport.

Sorry if this is old news to all of you. (I'm new at this).

Try 2-4 weeks. This came direct from Thai Immigration. I am 60 years old.

QUOTE  (from me)

I intended to visit her this year on a class "O" visa and stay for 87 days, but I may wish to remain in the Kingdom a further length of time. I have my flight ticket already.

QUOTE (from Thail Immigration)

You can get a 2 - 4 weeks extension at any Immigration Office (some give 2 weeks, some 4 weeks). The fee is THB 1.900,00.

Checking my passport- my second extension was till Jan 27. 04.Dated Dec 26, 03. This is 30 days. Not four weeks. I was also told by immigration officials that this extension was only available to people over 55. In fact, they recommended it when I went for my first extension. They said is was a new provision, only a few months old and that not many foreigners had used it.

Anyway, if in fact four week extensions after the first extension are available to everybody, then this one (55+ for 30 days) is no big deal.

I always thought that once the 90 days were up no further extensions were possible.

And that's correct. No further extension possible. You might be mixing it up with the change in procedures some Immigration Districts have started. Hardly any give 30 days extensions anymore, but only 7 days at a time after the first 60 days. We have never given 30 days extensions at NKI, but only 15 days. And that’s still our procedure.

All the best

--------------------

Above is the reply i got from Nong Khai Immigration regarding extending beyond the 90 day point........it does seem to say further extensions are not possible, but i will concede it doesnt mention any over 55's rule....i just cant see you being singled out for special treatment because you are over 55....after all you are still only on a tourist visa.

I enetered Thailand with a double entry tourist visa. Stayed 60 days, got an extension for 30 days. Went to Singapore and re-entered Thailand Sept 30. On Nov 26th (almost 90 days)got an extension till Dec 28th. On Dec 26th, got ANOTHER extension till January 27th. All this I have verified by checking stamps in my passport.

I hadn't, I guess, known about the senior extension till I went for the Nov 26th extension. Now it may be that this is only offered once a year. Since I left Thailand in April, it was not necessary to use that "senior" extension. (Figure: new 60 day visa at the end of January-covers till end of march. An extension covered me till end of April.)

I do know that when I brought this up with a receptionist at my apartment, she said she had heard that there was a plan to offer seniors this extra thirty days.

The extension was offered and granted at Immigration on Sathorn rd. Might want to check with the people there.

I'm not surprised that immigration at Nong Khai didn't know about this. Neither did the people at the consulate in Vancouver till I showed them my passport last week.

Go figure!

First of all sorry to post here but Imm Div 3 site is down at the moment. Can you tell me if there is a new rule or internal memo that allows a person who is 55 years or over to extend a single entry tourist visa twice 2x 30 days to give a total of 120 days in the country......i know the general rule i.e 90 days and out, but is there a special rule for the over 55's? Many Thanks.

Admin1 Posted: Aug 1 2004, 03:15 AM

Admin

Group: Admin

Member No.: 36

Hi Thaiflyer1

We have never heard of any such thing and we surely would if it existed.

All the best

--------------------

Above is a further reply from Nong Khai specific to the over 55's.........will try to contact Imm Police Div 3 to see what they have to say. Dont suppose the guy who gave you the extra 30 days was after a bit of "extra" cash do you? :o