Its Been So Hot......

begsaresponse

It has been so hot in the last week!

What can I do, where can I go to cool down??

What have you done to cool down?

Any suggestions?

begsaresponse

In Pattaya go look a movie (don't forget to take a sweater with you) :D

In Bangkok go sit on the Skytrain. :o

Cheers

onzestan

Think the weather has been hot and horrible all over the country for the past week. As I am in Bkk now it ain't no difference than Pattaya! The global wanming is really gone way bad. Next what? Snow in Thailand? (just a thought)

Stay close to a fan or in if you have the a/c running. Lots of icetea (not the long island ones but it could be as good). Shower! when too much sweating or just get in from outside. Stay by the pool and a chance of getting a nice tan is a good idea as well. Icecream could cool you down. I don't recommend Skytrain for those in bkk. Too risky and still up there feel the hot breeze! Subway/Metro is the best! They even have small lil shops venue for you to wander around at some stations.

Jai yen yen.

I still find it incredible that people come to a tropical HOT country to live and all they seem to do is complain about the heat. WHY! Surely you realised when you chose Thailand to live its hot here. If you require cold then live somewhere cold. Seems logical to me? :o

Most odd, not found if at all hot ?? I live 50km north west of BKK, but drove into BKK on Tuesday, did not find it hot ??

Infact the last 2 nights I have had to turn the overhead fan down to low because I was cold...... I have used the air con 3 times this year in the bedroom, and never downstairs...

I still find it incredible that people come to a tropical HOT country to live and all they seem to do is complain about the heat. WHY! Surely you realised when you chose Thailand to live its hot here. If you require cold then live somewhere cold. Seems logical to me? :o

Not complaining ..just seeking different ideas to cool down for a bit! :D

The best public pool in Pattaya is on the roof of Mike's shopping mall. I believe it's 60 baht and there's a food court one floor down. Only drawback there is very little shade but some of the...erm visuals will leave you hot for sure. Nice 360 view of Pattaya though.

One way of getting an instant cool is turn on the air-con in the bedroom full belt...jump into a cold shower..don't dry off and enter the cold bedroom wet.....great for an instant short-term cool down! :D

If you knew this, why did you ask? :o

Anyway going to a movie gives you abt 2 hrs :D

cheers

onzestan

I have the grweat good luck to be working on a construction site in Saudi - only 44 in the shade today. (That's 111 fahrenheit for the septics) but it is September so it's a bit cooler than the past couple of months.

As today is the first full day of Ramadan, none of our muslim workers can drink any water until sundown. Try hand-digging a trench for ten hours!

It used to be worse in Iran - I was on a petro-chem plant outside Shiraz and it got up to 55C (again 131 fahrenheit) at midday in the summer.

Thailand hot? Never!

A warm, humid tropical climate. And the humidity is the problem - not heat.

I have the grweat good luck to be working on a construction site in Saudi - only 44 in the shade today. (That's 111 fahrenheit for the septics) but it is September so it's a bit cooler than the past couple of months.

As today is the first full day of Ramadan, none of our muslim workers can drink any water until sundown. Try hand-digging a trench for ten hours!

It used to be worse in Iran - I was on a petro-chem plant outside Shiraz and it got up to 55C (again 131 fahrenheit) at midday in the summer.

Thailand hot? Never!

A warm, humid tropical climate. And the humidity is the problem - not heat.

It's called the heat index which is an index used to approximate how hot a day feels to the body.

For example, let's take a hot day in BKK at 34°C (in the shade) with a Relative Humidity (RH) of 80%. This equals a heat index of 52°C. 80% is the maximum relative humidity possible at an air temperature of 34°C.

Now let's take your hot day in the desert in Saudi of 44°C at 33% humidity (this is the RH average for September in Riyadh) and the heat index is 54°C and almost the same as BKK.

Thailand hot? Yes indeed.

In BKK you have the extra heat radiated from all the concrete surroundings.

Edited by tropo

A nice respite is the top level of Starbucks, (the first one on beach rd, not the one down a little further by Mike's mall),

Good air con and great view of the ocean. Just sip a nice iced drink, catch up on some headlines and chill.

Right out the door is an open veranda which catches some breeze. :o

It has been so hot in the last week!

What can I do, where can I go to cool down??

What have you done to cool down?

Any suggestions?

begsaresponse

HI

YOU ARE SO LUCKY I WISH I HAD YOUR PROBLEM .I WILL NOT BE IN PATTAYA UNTIL NEXT MONTH, ANY PATTAYA WEATHER WILL DO FOR ME THEN

The best public pool in Pattaya is on the roof of Mike's shopping mall. I believe it's 60 baht and there's a food court one floor down. Only drawback there is very little shade but some of the...erm visuals will leave you hot for sure. Nice 360 view of Pattaya though.

It's 80 baht. And there's plenty of shade up there too, though not all of it poolside. You can also order food from a menu at the paydesk.

It's called the heat index which is an index used to approximate how hot a day feels to the body.

For example, let's take a hot day in BKK at 34°C (in the shade) with a Relative Humidity (RH) of 80%. This equals a heat index of 52°C. 80% is the maximum relative humidity possible at an air temperature of 34°C.

Now let's take your hot day in the desert in Saudi of 44°C at 33% humidity (this is the RH average for September in Riyadh) and the heat index is 54°C and almost the same as BKK.

Thailand hot? Yes indeed.

In BKK you have the extra heat radiated from all the concrete surroundings.

My take on 'heat index'... an invention of the US television 'meteorologists' to make the weather sound more exciting than it really is.

"Outside it's 96 degrees but FEELS like 106..." Nope it's hot n' humid.

or

"...and with the wind-chill factor added in, feels like minus 10 degrees." Nope, it's cold and windy.

But to the OP, watch out for colds and chills if you hop in and out of airconditioned places and make sure fans are on low speed. This time of year it is real easy to get a cold IMHO.

I shower an average of 6 times a day, no hot water, soap only in morning and before bed.

We also have a ceramic tub which I keep full of water with a few drops of bleach. Now that's refreshing when the water has been sitting there for a at least a few hours.

We use the air con these days as the wife is pregnant and really needs to cool down but we normally stick to fans as the contrast is too much with air-con.

My take on 'heat index'... an invention of the US television 'meteorologists' to make the weather sound more exciting than it really is.

Let me help you out here.

Go and sit in a sauna set at 34°C...then saturate the air with water by splashing some water on the coals.

Get it now?

Edited by tropo