Buying Malaria Tablets From Boots In Khao San

Shrek

If you read my first reply you will see that it's unlikely that his GP would issue a FP10. A private prescription for 28 days supply of Malarone would cost around £80 at a UK high street pharmacy. They can be obtained from an online pharmacy for about £2 a tablet; would still require a private prescription.

My apologies! You are correct - they don't do FP10 prescriptions for prophlatics. I remember now - they give you a private prescription then you pay the cost price of the medicine. It's been several years since I got any in the UK!

I got my malarone for free (3 x 28 days worth!) . . . but then again you need know a doctor in the RAF who has access can prescribe medicine to do this! :D:o

I scanned through this thread and didn't see any mention of needing to take the anti-malaria medicine before the trip.

It's been a few years, but I remember visiting a health clinic prior to going to Africa and getting immunized. I seem to remember that malaria required a two-stage dose of pills, with at least the first stage to happen before exposure to the malaria-prone destination. Maybe I'm thinking of something else?

NHS will provide Hep A for free and at my local surgery they happily give the combined Hep A+B for free as well so just ask for the combination shot.

The combined vaccine is called "Twinrix" if you need to ask for it by name.

Let me get this straight you suggest I walk into a bar in khao san and ask if there are any Twinks for sale ??!! :o

NHS will provide Hep A for free and at my local surgery they happily give the combined Hep A+B for free as well so just ask for the combination shot.

The combined vaccine is called "Twinrix" if you need to ask for it by name.

Let me get this straight you suggest I walk into a bar in khao san and ask if there are any Twinks for sale ??!! :D

Rather you than me :o