9 Weeks Rental

cotambear

I will be staying in phuket for 9 weeks from the end of november to the end of january and wondered if any bm`s could advise on finding a small house or apartment that suits my needs. I am looking for;

Essential

1. In house wifi or other internet connection - if it has a phone line I guess I could make my own connection?

2. reasonable price

Desirable

1. Patong, but kamala or kata/karon also acceptable

many thanks in advance

End of Nov to end of Jan is a busy time, so i would be looking into it sooner rather than later.

Cheap could be a difficult requirement to fill in that it is peak season.

Wifi will also cut down the option available.

Try the classifieds in the Phuket Gazette online, just google it.

OR

One of the sponsors of this section is houseinphuket.com

Her contact details are on her web site, and she is very helpful.

Have a great stay

www.siamrealestate.com, aslo a sponser, has a good website which will give you automatic listings meeting your criteria and emai you automatically when something comes up. But Agreed that is a busy time. An add in the phuket gazette.net is also a good idea.

Don't delay if you want to book through xmas. Really. Last xmas/new years there was zero rooms (unless you were willing to check out certain nights/switch rooms, etc). Even with the thousands of new rooms that will be ready by xmas, you're still better to book soon.

Expect to pay by the night during high season at most places.

Multiply that by 9 weeks and you can afford to pay a high monthly rate and still come out ahead.

example - cheapest highseason rate @ 700 x 63 days = 44100

Find a place for 15000 a month and you're still saving money and you have a nicer place.

OR for 10,000 a month starting in October, even though you're not there. Thinking outside of the box is important to avoid high season rates. Even with the 'walk-away from' security deposit added in, a monthly rate is often cheaper.

Thing is most landlords know that.. And prices of monthly starting in Nov are based accordingly (in Patong) even if people say they want a year the landlords have heard it all before..

I asked about a 2 bed I know thats usually 22 - 25, its empty and I asked for a mate starting late Oct.. Was told it was 40k for the high season unless he would pay the year (presume 6 months would have done) in front.. They just think that people will come in and take it then leave them when its hard to rent again.

Many thanks. Yes, a 15k monthly rate would be ideal. I`ve put an ad in the gazette and the cheapest reply so far has been;

"look at www.biga-sailing.com we got small Bungalows with what you need and more Euro 550 per month breakfast incl. "

They seem v nice but they are near chalong circle.

Does your shed have wifi, Donna?

Don't delay if you want to book through xmas. Really. Last xmas/new years there was zero rooms (unless you were willing to check out certain nights/switch rooms, etc). Even with the thousands of new rooms that will be ready by xmas, you're still better to book soon.

Expect to pay by the night during high season at most places.

Multiply that by 9 weeks and you can afford to pay a high monthly rate and still come out ahead.

example - cheapest highseason rate @ 700 x 63 days = 44100

Find a place for 15000 a month and you're still saving money and you have a nicer place.

OR for 10,000 a month starting in October, even though you're not there. Thinking outside of the box is important to avoid high season rates. Even with the 'walk-away from' security deposit added in, a monthly rate is often cheaper.

my shed doesnt have wifi, but for a price i can install for you.....

actually, you could contact kiwi/thai from Thai Visa. they have accommodation at their place which is probably what you need. i know you want patong/kamala/karon/kata, but their place is in chalong. has pool, nice owners etc.

worth a shot.

my shed doesnt have wifi, but for a price i can install for you.....

actually, you could contact kiwi/thai from Thai Visa. they have accommodation at their place which is probably what you need. i know you want patong/kamala/karon/kata, but their place is in chalong. has pool, nice owners etc.

worth a shot.

many thanks donna I have PM ed kiwithai. Any intro rates at that hotel youre helping to open?