PCP - New Drug Tracked Down In Thailand

george

Army monitors new addictive substance

BANGKOK: -- Army forces in northern Thailand have tracked down a new addictive substance smuggled across the border from Myanmar into the Thai soil.

The new drug is called "PCP", the addictive substance which is far stronger than Metamphetamine or "Yaba".

PCP assumes the form of clear crystalline chaffs, resembling the feature of crystal methamphetamine, or "Ice"

The army recently received reports about the smuggling of PCP in a small amount across the border from Myanmar, and suspected that some Thai drugs addicts have crossed the border to buy and use it in Myanmar.

However, PCP is easily detected by skin test, bringing up hope that the army can cope with the drugs effectively by relying on technology.

Commander-in-Chief of the Royal Thai Army, Gen. Chaiyasit Shinawatra, confirmed yesterday that patrol forces in the northern region were aware of the smuggling, and would employ tight security measure to block the spread of PCP.

The Royal Thai Army would also ask for additional budget from the government to buy hi-tech devices to be used for screening and searching for illegal drugs, he said.

-- TNA 2004-07-31

Commander-in-Chief of the Royal Thai Army, Gen. Chaiyasit Shinawatra...

The Royal Thai Army would also ask for additional budget from the government to buy hi-tech devices to be used for screening and searching for illegal drugs, he said.

Considering his family name, i dont suppose he will have any difficulties in gettign extra funding...

Anotehr lottely maybe? :o

What is new about PCP?

Good post Astral.

I've always heard about that was a very dangerous product, I've also heard horrible stories about this s***. It was more than 20 years ago and I've never heard about since very long time.

Just wonder if they give a name to a new drug or whether it's the same one.

PCP faculty.washington

Info facts

What is PCP?