New Extension Or New Non Imm O Visa

I live in Thailand with non imm o visa and extension. My extension is to november.

My wife and I will have and 9 monhts holiday in europe from september. Shall I apply for one more extension end re entry before We leave or should I just leave and Aply for and new Non O visa in europe and apply for extension when I come back.

:o

I live in Thailand with non imm o visa and extension. My extension is to november.

My wife and I will have and 9 monhts holiday in europe from september. Shall I apply for one more extension end re entry before We leave or should I just leave and Aply for and new Non O visa in europe and apply for extension when I come back.

:o

thai immigration officers usually will only give another extension when the current one is close to expiring. you mentioned you would be gone before november.

I concuer with huski - if your present extension expires in November, the earliest you can apply for a renewed extension is October (30 days prior to expiration).

So - that reduces your options to either obtaining fresh Class O visa,or delaying your trip.

Good luck!

Steve

Indo-Siam

If I were you, I would delay the trip, get the extension here, get a multiple re-entry permit here and then go on holiday. You can relax knowing there will be no problems getting back in. IMHO.

He will not have any problem getting back in but he should remember to take a copy of his marriage certificate for use when he applies for a new non immigrant visa.

This "time" is a problem with the extension of stay process so if you can arrange it to be a time you don't travel it is best. This might require using a multi entry visa and then extending on a second or third entry. Remember that the extension of stay will be from the time you last entered Thailand so try to arrange an entry outside of your normal travel season.

I doubt that you will get your annual extension in Sept when it is due in November,

but it is worth approaching the local immigration office and talking it through with them.

Unless you are a good tax payer and hoping for a residence permit, then I would apply for a new visa whilst you are in europe.

Make sure to have your wife's id card and the marriage licence with you.

Edited by astral

He will not have any problem getting back in but he should remember to take a copy of his marriage certificate for use when he applies for a new non immigrant visa.
Make sure to have your wife's id card and the marriage licence with you.

What I meant was, if he gets the extension before his long vacation, he doesn't have to worry about forgetting to take any papers on holiday with him - wife's ID card or marriage license, for example. Just one less thing to have to remember, and no need to think about getting a new visa at the end of the holiday.

What I meant was, if he gets the extension before his long vacation, ............

I don't think they will do it 2 months ahead of time, but no harm in asking.

My impression is they like to do these things at the last minute, quite a common Thai trait. If so, he has no option but to get a new visa whilst overseas.

What I meant was, if he gets the extension before his long vacation, ............

I don't think they will do it 2 months ahead of time, but no harm in asking.

My impression is they like to do these things at the last minute, quite a common Thai trait. If so, he has no option but to get a new visa whilst overseas.

Sorry, astral, but that's not what I meant. I meant he should delay his 9 month holiday by one month and get his new extension just within the 30 days of the expiry date of his current one.

Then he has no worries about forgetting, losing or having stolen the ID card or marriage license. He doesn't have to use up precious holiday time in thinking about and getting a new visa. He can simply come back whenever he wants. The only downside is shifting his 9 month holiday by one month.

But, as you said astral, no harm in asking if immigration will extend 2 months ahead of time. :o