Sony Ericsson Mobiles

udon

I'm in the market for a new phone and was going to buy another Nokia 6610 (tri-band GSM) until an Ozmate showed me a Sony (flip/oyster) model for about A$150.

I had an Ericsson phone 3 years ago and it was rubbish.

Who makes the S-E's, Sony or Ericsson?

Which S-E model is worth looking at?

The Thai S-E site has no English version...

cheers

udon :o

hi udon it depends on which sony ericsson it is but most are very good phones, they are actually made by sony ericsson which is a combined company as sony or ericsson no longer make mobile phones.

on the nokia 6610 they make a new version called the 6610i which has a camera know. but there are many much better camera phones on the market. any way if you give me more info i will try and help.

allan

Hi, thanks for the replies.

I like the 'phone' memory of the 6610 and the polywannacraker ringtones, the tri-band feature along with a price tag of around 7500b.

I've had Nokias since Christ was a chippy....., UK, Oz and here in LOS.

A camera phone, I do not need.

I noticed the nokia N-gage was down to 6900baht at the jaymart stores.

it has no camera, 4 meg onboard memory, takes MMC flash memory cards, runs symbian 6.0 operating system has bluetooth and GPRS, also built in hardware Mp3 player and FM radio(stereo).

( note the new QD does not have hardware mp3 or FM and is mono )

the downside is its not the smallest phone on the block and people don't like the way they look when you talk into the side of it, though it comes with a stereo headset/mic.

there is another thread here where bartender bought himself a sonyericsson t610 you might want to read that.

if anyone wants some tips on getting software for symbian OS phones or n-gage games let me know.

:o

Up until now, I have always gone for Nokia phones, but the truth be told, Sony Ericsson make kick-arse phones in terms of design and features. They combine the reliability and forethought of Ericsson, while Sony make sure the solid solution is delivered in a stylish and user-friendly package.

I am now the owner of a T610, and I am very pleased with it. User-friendly menus, rather clear sound, a decent colour screen (although the new generation is a notch better again) and a good deal of memory.

My brother has a K700 and has only good things to say about that as well.

Before the merger, I hated Ericsson phones with their ugly designs and unneccesarily complicated menus. Nokia was the way to go then. Now, I don't think Nokias have that much going for them in comparison... I think they failed with their last series because they tried to dictate what people *should* want.

Maybe the series about to be released will be different though.

I'm in the market for a new phone and was going to buy another Nokia 6610 (tri-band GSM) until an Ozmate showed me a Sony (flip/oyster) model for about A$150.

I had an Ericsson phone 3 years ago and it was rubbish.

Who makes the S-E's, Sony or Ericsson?

Which S-E model is worth looking at?

The Thai S-E site has no English version...

cheers

udon :o

I think S-E make great phones. Motorola has some great new models coming out in a couple months. All depends on what features you need

SE out sold Nokia last year with its phones,and I have the new K700,bit pricey at B16900,but after a few problems setting it up,I have found it to be a top phone.

Everybody that see's it wants one,40mb memory,and if you use all the memory for one vid it will take 40 minute's,MP3 ringtones,FM radio,3d games,I could go on.

I had to find a browser for it,but now I get minature web pages on the screen.

You can get a spanking new T610 for 8000 - 9000 baht as far as I have seen in the stores.

Used ones will be cheaper of course - if you're lucky I would *guess* 6000 for a second-hand handset in good shape.

New high-quality fascias which may even be the real thing (they look and feel like the real thing as far as I can tell, and they claim they are in the stores, but I have learned to be wary of such claims since they tried to sell me a pirate Sony MD player which sounded worse than a cassette walkman) cost from 700 - 900 baht depending on the store, and the cheaper ones (which I think you should avoid) 200 - 300 baht.

meadish_sweetball & bartender

Hi, how much was the T610?

Is there a upgraded model out now?

The T610 has been replaced by the T630. I had the T610 until it broke- looked at a lot of options but in the end wound up with the T630. Am very happy with it- it fixed a lot of my gripes about the T610, namely the brightness of the screen and how slow the T610 was at times.