Opening Bank Account?

mellew

i have cheque from uk in name of bank of asia but they refuse to open an account for me i have 3 month visa and dont want to waist time sending cheque back to building society,is there anyway around this, i was told a letter from immigration might help?

Did bank or someone else mention letter from immigration? If not bank forget it. They (bank) make the decision. You can try another branch, and another. Ownership I believe just changed so expect they may also be awaiting new guidance.

I suspect you could have your bank stop payment on the check and wire the money into an account at another bank if you have to.

Obviously you would not do this again. :o

i have cheque from uk in name of bank of asia but they refuse to open an account for me i have 3 month visa .....

My ex always holds 30 day tourist visa. Never have work permit. But he could open a savings account at Bangkok Bank.

never ever never put money in a Thai bank, you will not gain intrest and you may never see it again.

Been using Thai Banks for 13 years, i have never lost any money.

Same here. Never lost any interest, either. But I did have to pay 15% tax on the interest