Using Thai Atm/debit Card In Korea

Has anyone had experience using a Thai ATM/Debit card with an international logo (PLUS) in Korea. My bank tells me it will work, but I would like to hear this from someone who has actually used one there. Thanks.

I have used my Kasikorn ATM card and it works a selected machines. Not all machines marked with Plus work for international service so look for one clearly marked with a number of international systems ( Plus, Cirrus, etc.). Seoul has many atm so you should not have problem finding one that works. Same for Pusan. Smaller cities have few international atm machines but the airports usually do. Good luck and enjoy Korea.

Has anyone had experience using a Thai ATM/Debit card with an international logo (PLUS) in Korea. My bank tells me it will work, but I would like to hear this from someone who has actually used one there. Thanks.

Korea is pretty hi-tech when it comes to banking facilities. Should be no worries as long as your card has one of the common Cirrus, Plus, Visa, Maestro logos. There are plenty of ATMs to match to the logos depending on the banks. Occasionally you find one that doesn't work for some reason, just try anther. There are also plenty of foreign banks in addition to the Korean ones. Can't say I used a Thai card to be honest, but it shouldn't matter. Have used Thai cards in other countries, and those same countries cards in Korea.