Favorite Beach Destination

Where is your favorite beach destination in Thailand  

155 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Where is your favorite beach destination in Thailand. If you don't see it on the poll add it to your post. I sure there are place that I have missed or do not know about, so please add it to your post.

I have not been to alot of these places, but of the ones I have been too I kind of like Krabi the best.

Also please add a comment or 2 about why your choice is your favorite place.

I am looking for somewhere different to go to on my next trip to LOS.

PKG

oops... I'm pretty sure I accidentally didn't vote... Koh Lanta, so far. Haven't been to most of those spots, though. But there is lots to do and no one shoving anything in your face. :o Plenty of places to get away, too. And absolutely fantastic food.

My both favorite destinations are not mentioned....

1- Samila Beach in Songkhla

2- Kanom Beach opposite of Koh Samui on the mainland 70n km past Surat Thani

3- Chumphon: I voted for Chumphon, I spent some nice vacation there in Pathiu.

I have heard that Koh Chang was polluted with trash? Is there any truth to this?

Koh Chang vs Koh Samet, which is better? any thoughts.

I've been many times to Samet and think it's great... never been to Chang, but i've got a mate who lives in BKK who goes there all the time... says it's great, I'm gonna give it a go next time I'm in LOS and see for myself :o

Samet is more a "beach island" where chang has got waterfalls etc..

Thanks Totster

They are close enough, We might just try them both out. Where do you stay at on Samet?

No probs... best to post a link to another discussion on places to stay on Samet

Samet Accomodation

Give your girl a break she going to get whiplash the way she throws her head around like that. :D

She told me she likes it.... :o

I voted for Phuket, but really wanted to vote for Karon Beach in Phuket. Definitely not Patong. It's interesting how so many people voted because their favourite beach was "quiet". Karon certainly is now, but in a few months the sun-loungers and touts will be back and there won't be a square foot of empty beach left :o .

I love Samui!

Yes, but what can you do after 3 or 4 days. I got bored and my Thai g/f got bored and we couldn't wait to get back to bkk where we were living at the time. The beaches were OK, but after riding around the island on a bike a few times, what is there to do? Seriously?

My routine Samui trip is to stay on Samui for 1-2 nights then take a speed boat to participate Full moon party on Pangan, stay there for 2 nights and fly back to Bangkok. I dont really care much about the beach itself ( have seen enough!) , but the entertainment. To me Samui is fun destination.

My routine Samui trip is to stay on Samui for 1-2 nights then take a speed boat to participate Full moon party on Pangan, stay there for 2 nights and fly back to Bangkok. I dont really care much about the beach itself ( have seen enough!) , but the entertainment. To me Samui is fun destination.

So really, Samui is just a stepping stone to your Full Moon party on Pangan? Not exactly a ringing endorsement for Samui :o

But the Hotel was good - Nara Garden, right on the beach. Fantastic air and view. But..... nothing to do (except go shopping at Tesco's and join all the Japanese tourists... :D )

Phew, my favorite is not listed. :-)

So I voted for Samet, mostly because it's the closest 'nice' beach.

(Closest to Chiang Mai, in my case, though also to Bangkok and most of Central, Northern and North Eastern Thailand.

Cheers,

Chanchao