Favorite Beach Destination

Where is your favorite beach destination in Thailand  

155 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I love Krabi, and the Ao Nang area is my "relax" place in Thailand, because I've made friends with some of the locals there.

But on my last visa run I went to the Perhentian Islands on the east coast of Malaysia, and this is my new favorite place at the moment. Doesn't have the same limestone cliffs of Krabi, but the color of the water and sand is beautiful. Diving is also the cheapest anywhere. Love it. I'm going back in a couple of days.

I don't go to the beach for a holiday since I live on one :D

However, I voted for Koh Phangan, but would say it has to be Thong Nai Pan Noi, fabulous beach, good swimming, not too touristy and nobody selling you stuff on the beach. And hey, if you find yourself too bored on a beach holiday it's only because you haven't learned how to relax yet :o

Not that many foreign tourists make it to Bang Saen

Good enough reason to go there.

From ChonB.hang a right turn and pass by the University of the Oceans and head straight up the main drag to the big roundabout,Thais to the left of you with shops ,hotels and guest houses on the right.

Round the bend on the coast road and you will come to a pier with a couple of Fish and Chip rests.(thai style)by the seas edge (on stilts) with car park opposite.

Get a table on the boardwalk and order up the biggest fish (on the spit thingy with the grass over it) you can imagine and while its cooking sit back and bask in the last rays of the sun as its goes down gently and slowly over the horizon of the south china sea.... while knocking back a jug or 3 of ice cold heine. :o

In 5 years or so I ve never seen more than half a dozen non thais eating there :D

Rinrada

I have been to a resturant that might be the one you are talking about or maybe near by. It is called "Wang Mook" (forgive the spelling) the wife said it means Pearl Palace. They have little monkeys hanging around on the hillside oppsosite the resturant.

I am not that familar with this area, but does it sound like the place you are talking about or is that another place. If not could you give me the name of the place you mentioned. The wife has cousins in that live in that area, every time we stop by we like to take them out to eat.

thanks

PKG

I am not that familar with this area, but does it sound like the place you are talking about or is that another place. If not could you give me the name of the place you mentioned.

thanks

PKG

PKG...Spoke to wife about it and she recons the name is of the rest. is "Prakarung".

As said before its adjacent to the pier which has been really improved over the last few years and is now pretty smart looking especially when all the lights come on round about 7-00pm.

Also it is opposite a fairly large condo block which I checked out about 3 years and the going price was @ Bt.1.5 m.for a 1 bedroom unit.

Again as said its a big family place,good selection of grub,mostly fish and very few non Thais seem to go there.

I think the place you are on about with the monkeys is further along the road on the left hand side and much smaller....never tried it.Usually we are heading back to Bangers by then.... :o:D

In 5 years or so I ve never seen more than half a dozen non thais eating there :o

You've stuffed it now, it'll be in the next edition of Lonely Planet, probably with your directions :D

I'm not telling, I want it all to myself :o

Precisely, that's the way to keep a beach nice, uncrowded and special.

Look what happen after the movie "The Beach",

I do occasional bring people to my favorite beach but unfortunately I have to kill them and bury them there to maintain secrecy, it's really getting lumpy, the crabs can only eat so much ... :D:D

Railay Beach in Krabi is my fave!  A lot quieter than Pi-Pi.
Koh Yao noi, the loveliest quietest beach I have been to.
I voted Samet.... however I do like Khao Lak... not such a beautiful beach but very quiet and peaceful  :)
I'm not telling, I want it all to myself
In 5 years or so I ve never seen more than half a dozen non thais eating there
You've stuffed it now, it'll be in the next edition of Lonely Planet, probably with your directions :(
I'm not telling, I want it all to myself
Precisely, that's the way to keep a beach nice, uncrowded and special.

Look what happen after the movie "The Beach",

I do occasional bring people to my favorite beach but unfortunately I have to kill them and bury them there to maintain secrecy, it's really getting lumpy, the crabs can only eat so much ... :D:)

OK, so we like to talk to each other on this forum, but if we bump into another farang on the beach.... :wub:-_-:o it's: "Get off my f***ing beach!" :D:D:D

• 1 year later...

Well, I've been to many more beaches in Thailand since you started this thread, and I must say most of the best ones are not even on your list. As you go further south from Krabi to Phi Phi and beyond Ko Lanta, you will find some of the most beautiful gems in Thailand ...... Tarutao National Marine Park, Trang ...... and how could you leave out the Similans/Surin islands ???????

You must be easily pleased, because when you ask for a beautiful beach, I'm talking about spectacular.