Obedience Classes In Bangkok

Smithson

Looking for obedience classes I've checked around and all the places want your dog to board, which is a really idea 'cause I need the training as much as the dog. I'm also worried these places will use methods similar to a lion tamer - scaring the dog into submission

So I'm looking for somewhere the owner and dog attend together, same as back home.

I know a few years ago there were dog-owner training courses given in Bangkok. Not sure they still do it, and I do not know how they do it as well (punishment or reward based).

One of the trainers was Freddy Alumi (or something like that, for sure his first name is Freddy). You could contact Soi Dog Rescue or the Kennel Club of Thailand for his details and then call him.

In case you can't find any of the dog-owner courses in or around Bangkok or you prefer obedience training with the clicker, you may consider a training holiday in Chiang Mai. I can provide you with the basic knowledge you need in two weeks (5 training sessions a week, 1 training session a day), in order to continue the education of your dog at home and elsewhere. I've done this before with people from Pattaya with good results.

Wish you good luck.

Nienke

Certified dog trainer

LuckyDogs

hi.. you can try the Thonglor pet hospital

My family brings our dog there for grooming and I saw they had brochures about such training classes.

Not sure if it's appropraite to post their link here.. you can try to google 'ABC 4 Dogs'

Hi, there is a place in Phuttamonton called Paradise Park.

There are many courses for all age. Starting from the kindergarten course for puppies aged 2-4 months. In this class the owner have to go too.

And for other classes for older dogs there is a choice between boarding your dog or there is another option....its a 3 months course for saturdays and sundays only. You take your dog home at the end of the day and drop him in the morning or you can choose to let him board on saturdays and pick him up on sunday if your house is very far away.

I've just took my dog for the kindergarten class and he was very happy to socialize with the other dogs. This is also like a dog sports club and they have swimming pool and stuff. I'm not sure about the price though but you can check it out in their website.

www.paradisepark2004.com

Hope this helps :o

Hi, there is a place in Phuttamonton called Paradise Park.

There are many courses for all age. Starting from the kindergarten course for puppies aged 2-4 months. In this class the owner have to go too.

And for other classes for older dogs there is a choice between boarding your dog or there is another option....its a 3 months course for saturdays and sundays only. You take your dog home at the end of the day and drop him in the morning or you can choose to let him board on saturdays and pick him up on sunday if your house is very far away.

I've just took my dog for the kindergarten class and he was very happy to socialize with the other dogs. This is also like a dog sports club and they have swimming pool and stuff. I'm not sure about the price though but you can check it out in their website.

www.paradisepark2004.com

Hope this helps :o

This is where my dog went. I agree, it is excellent. Since I don't live close I boarded the dog for 3 months. We made the trek every weekend to make sure she was OK, but she was very well treated. The place is run by a vet. I can't remember the price either, but it was not cheap. This is were a lot of Bangkok's hi so's take their dogs to be trained. However, for us, the most important thing was whether the dog was treated well, and she was.

Looking for obedience classes I've checked around and all the places want your dog to board, which is a really idea 'cause I need the training as much as the dog. I'm also worried these places will use methods similar to a lion tamer - scaring the dog into submission

So I'm looking for somewhere the owner and dog attend together, same as back home.

Hi There,

Isn't there someone who does in house consultations in BKK? I have been doing it successfully here in Samui for years and achieved very good results with owners and dogs. Doing classes here in Thailand is not easy as the mentality is a lot more laxed than at home in europe, so people don't turn up for classes or are getting worried about geting wet when its raining and so on. Anyway I am hoping you will find something suitable for you and your dog.

Good luck

Dogfather

• 3 months later...

I've tried Thonglor Pet Hospital's obedience class with my bulldog in a group session when he was almost a year old. When I signed up, I was really skeptical about what my spoilt stubborn dog could learn, but I was at my wits end. Fred the instructor was really nice and firm and I was totally surprised at how effective those few sessions were to curb my dog's behavioral issues.

Owners are required to attend the classes with their pets, so no chance of being lazy and just dropping them off. I found it a good chance for my dog to socialize with other pet dogs.