Stay Away From Tot!

StrongView

Hi all:

I thought I would share my experience with you. Not well organized...but you'll get the idea.

Mid-June I signed up for CSLoxinfo 512/256 ADSL Unlimited service. It was 6500 baht / month + VAT (of course). So around 7,000 baht really. It was installed on June 25, and then...as you all know..True began their promotion. I called True on July 3 and I was incorrectly informed that I needed to get a True phoneline to have True ADSL (I found out later on, that I could have my TOT line linked to ADSL, however it would be a 1,000 baht install fee and an extra 100 baht / month for not being a True customer. Small price to pay...but I didnt know this until later on in the story.).

So instead of paying the almost 4,000 baht line install fee, ...I looked around and saw on TOT's website that they had ADSL too. Pricing scheme went something like 1,000 baht / month for unlimited 1024 / 256 ADSL line. So, I figured it made sense. I signed up in mid-July (15th I think) and was supposed to be installed on 28-July. On 28-July my maid calls the TOT guy and he says "oh no...we're so busy...maybe 1 or 2 more weeks" 2 more weeks!!! My CSLoxinfo ended on Aug 1, so I would be without my ADSL, VoIP service and communication with my company back home (essential to my work). So, my maid pleaded with them and they guy said "ok ok...I'll come today". So...the guy comes and "installs" the ADSL. I come home from work...no link light on my ADSL modem, no username or password given...no settings for the modem. Ridiculous.

The next morning, a Thai co-worker calls TOT and tells them about the lack of ADSL link light. They continue to tell him that my modem mus be broken. We tell them that it worked fine until they unhooked my CSLoxinfo connection and connected their TOT connection. They maintain it's my modem. So, I talk to a tech over the phone later that day for an hour while he runs some very simple connectivity tests with me. I tell him "this is all great, but my modem / router still does not have an IP address, so no matter what I'm not going to get a connection here." He still runs a number more tests and then realizes that he gave me the wrong settings to the modem. Apparently, this company I'm talking to subcontracts installs from True and TOT...so he was giving me True modem setup instructions. We go through the TOT setup instructions and still no luck. Then he blames the install tech and tells me to call TOT and tell them a tech needs to come out. The next morning (Friday Aug 30th) a tech comes out and correctly gives me an ADSL connection. Still no connectivity though...meaning, I can't access and websites. I still have no IP address on my modem / router. So, I get referred to the guy I was speaking to the day before. He goes through the same tests with me. Then, he tells me "woops...looks like TOT has connection problems and all TOT ADSL customers are not working right now". So , blames my continued problems on that issue and says to wait and "call 1100 (tot's call center) tonight to check again". So, I call later that night and I am told it's still out. Then I call on Saturday...still out. Then I call on Sunday morning ...still out. Sunday afternoon I went to Central Lad Prao's True office and was going to sign up for a phoneline and ADSL. They told me that I was wrong and could have True ADSL on my TOT line. So, I get the install on Thursday. True just seems MUCH more professional. I was courteously helped. Their call center is very helpful (to me...though other people may disagree). I guess all I'm saying is...if you are at all considering TOT ADSL service...STAY THE ###### AWAY FROM THEM. Not worth the time. Slow, incompetent and barely capable of doing their job.

tot never offer anyhelp on their contract, you are lucky they even come to your place, when you sign up with them all they give you are the username and password the rest you are on your own. you should of suspect that by now, its a government company :o