Ubc Repair

cloudhopper

Our UBC remote finally went permanently TU after the 100th drop but whoever was at the center near Siam TV said they don't do hardware, only subscriptions. Our sound is intermittent too. My wife has been totally unsuccessful getting any help on any phone #s. Anyone out there had any luck contacting a UBC tech rep? BTW we rent the box etc...thanks

Too bad there's no real good alternative. Anyone having recent success with other sat TV systems in greater CM area? I have the C band Dynasat set up but it's not working now either...

Yeah, the company(s) UBC use to outsource service up here are a joke - we have had them lie blatantly to us on the phone, use fake names to pass blame and much more. Pathetic.

Contact UBC in Bangkok and light a fire under them - they get the Chiang Mai crews off their backsides pretty quickly... and they discounted our monthly fee for the days we had no signal etc, which was impressive.

Our UBC remote finally went permanently TU after the 100th drop but whoever was at the center near Siam TV said they don't do hardware, only subscriptions. Our sound is intermittent too. My wife has been totally unsuccessful getting any help on any phone #s. Anyone out there had any luck contacting a UBC tech rep? BTW we rent the box etc...thanks

Too bad there's no real good alternative. Anyone having recent success with other sat TV systems in greater CM area? I have the C band Dynasat set up but it's not working now either...

there are alternatives but due to forum rules, we cannot name them here. But you can do some research of your own and look for some companies that supply satellite dishes and set top boxes, and they should be able to help you.

Unfortunately, most old set up boxes or cards need updating on a regular basis to to receive the signals, on the newer ones, they can be updated via the internet as I understand.

Our UBC remote finally went permanently TU after the 100th drop but whoever was at the center near Siam TV said they don't do hardware, only subscriptions.

Really? I brought a defective unit and they just replaced it. (twice :o Be insistent.

off topic but where did that expression - t*ts up orginally come from?

Our UBC remote finally went permanently TU after the 100th drop but whoever was at the center near Siam TV said they don't do hardware, only subscriptions.

Really? I brought a defective unit and they just replaced it. (twice :o Be insistent.

off topic but where did that expression - t*ts up orginally come from?

sorry, found it.

Tits-up

Meaning

Inoperative; broken. The term is also used to mean fallen over (on one's back)

Origin

This is a 20th century phrase, probably of military origin. There's certainly no mention of it in print prior to WWII. It has been suggested that the term derives from the behaviour of aeroplanes' altitude indicators, which turn upside down when faulty and display an inverted 'W' resembling a pair of breasts. There's no real evidence to support this speculation and it seems more likely that the phrase is just a vulgar alternative to the earlier 'belly-up', which has the same meaning.

'Belly-up' is an allusion to fish, which float that way when 'dead in the water'. This expression was known in the USA by the 1920s, often related to bancruptcy or other commercial disasters. For example, this extract from John Roderigo Dos Passos' Letters, 1920:

"Labor's belly up completely - The only hope is in the I.W.W." [the Industrial Worker's of the World, a.k.a. The Wobblies]