Investment Company For Real?

Anyone heard of Colony Invest? We've had 3 different people (extended family) come and tell us how great it is and how much money they're making (without actually asking us to join though). Can't find any info on it but there seems to be a lot of sites in Thai that mention it. Looks a bit like a pyramid scheme to me...I've seen someone's account with them and they have made a huge amount of profit investing baht and getting US dollar returns. Just wondering if anyone has heard of them?

Anyone heard of Colony Invest? We've had 3 different people (extended family) come and tell us how great it is and how much money they're making (without actually asking us to join though). Can't find any info on it but there seems to be a lot of sites in Thai that mention it. Looks a bit like a pyramid scheme to me...I've seen someone's account with them and they have made a huge amount of profit investing baht and getting US dollar returns. Just wondering if anyone has heard of them?

hundreds of links and no track records or investment details = Scam

My thoughts exactly!

Their website is not even a very good scam website. I believe that they do invest in all the things that they say, but that's after they've scammed people out of money.

If they are US based they are breaking just about every Securities law there is. And apparently English is their second language by the grammar.

Vietnamese seem to have figured out its a scam:

http://www.thanhniennews.com/features/?cat...mp;newsid=30717

http://www.topix.com/forum/world/brunei/T766SN6TFTDBHQCHV

I created a fake account with one of the referer names from the bulletin board, who keeps trying to pump it even though everyone else there says its a scam. Seems that I can't login now. So if I'd used real info, I would have given my bank account, SWIFT code, email address, physical address, cell phone number, passport number, and the other couple of items they asked for and I can't even log into my account.

Edited by Carmine6

Great info on those links Carmine! I've finally convinced my husband it's fraud..he couldn't quite believe me until he saw it written somewhere because quite a few people in our village are getting into it...very sad, I'll spread the news..

These are some quotes from "Americans" who've made their millions by investing with them:

Hi! Thanks lord that created a bunch of genius getting around to formed this investment Company! I tell you what, this incredible company had helped me settled all my debts in just 4 months! How it happens? Because of their smart investment plan, they had managed to pay me 300% in 100 days! With the reinvestment package that they offered, i able to settled my car loan in full with the interest!By the way, I am Michael from Long island, a once ###### broke convenience store keeper. Colony Invest group.Thank you so much!"

"Hi,my name is katie, from illinois, united state. i feel great of being involved in colony invest program. The daily interest rate is so high that i had made Fifty thousands from merely 6 months periods. With only 5 thousand dollars initial investment, and introduced it to few friends, i now able to enjoy my life by travel around the world."

"Hei Pal! my name is Bill Camp, borned in maine island. since then, catching lobster is my everyday life activity. Until one day, my neighbor introduced me colony invest management inc.,& I joined the investment plan after the introductory, and my goodness! I almost fainted while I received the check from them! I've got tripled the incomes when the bond mature! Now, they are better still! With their newly launched web based program, I can introduce it to anyone at anytime! nowadays, I still catch lobster for a living, but I aint use my own hand anymore! Cause I just hired 10 workers! Thank you colony! You make my dream come true!"

I didn't think of it before, but looked up registration of the site:

http://whois.domaintools.com/colonyinvest.net

Visitors by Country:

Vietnam 72.6%

Thailand 15.7%

China 3.9%

United States 3.7%

Philippines 1.8%

Czech Republic 0.3%

Visitors by City:

1) Hanoi, VN 55.4%

2) Bangkok, TH 13.3%

3) Ho Chi Minh City, VN 11.7%

Registrant:

Peter fernandez

4057 Clipper Court

Fremont, California 94538

United States

Administrative Contact:

fernandez, Peter

4057 Clipper Court

Fremont, California 94538

United States

Great info on those links Carmine! I've finally convinced my husband it's fraud..he couldn't quite believe me until he saw it written somewhere because quite a few people in our village are getting into it...very sad, I'll spread the news..

These are some quotes from "Americans" who've made their millions by investing with them:

Hi! Thanks lord that created a bunch of genius getting around to formed this investment Company! I tell you what, this incredible company had helped me settled all my debts in just 4 months! How it happens? Because of their smart investment plan, they had managed to pay me 300% in 100 days! With the reinvestment package that they offered, i able to settled my car loan in full with the interest!By the way, I am Michael from Long island, a once ###### broke convenience store keeper. Colony Invest group.Thank you so much!"

"Hi,my name is katie, from illinois, united state. i feel great of being involved in colony invest program. The daily interest rate is so high that i had made Fifty thousands from merely 6 months periods. With only 5 thousand dollars initial investment, and introduced it to few friends, i now able to enjoy my life by travel around the world."

"Hei Pal! my name is Bill Camp, borned in maine island. since then, catching lobster is my everyday life activity. Until one day, my neighbor introduced me colony invest management inc.,& I joined the investment plan after the introductory, and my goodness! I almost fainted while I received the check from them! I've got tripled the incomes when the bond mature! Now, they are better still! With their newly launched web based program, I can introduce it to anyone at anytime! nowadays, I still catch lobster for a living, but I aint use my own hand anymore! Cause I just hired 10 workers! Thank you colony! You make my dream come true!"

300 % :o

• 4 weeks later...

It seems that puts the last nail in this coffin.

But along the same line .

I got a recommendation from a fellow Thaivisa user (was not approached by anyone ,only got this after I aked for it by PM) :

Guild Edge in BKK (www.guildedge.com),supposedly is a asset management outfit linked to banks in the Channel islands (offshore /taxfree etc.)

They supposedly deal with high networth expats and claim on their website a average current MONTHLY return of about 4.9%. Acc. to the info provided ,they only deal with word of mouth contacts and all associates are thouroughly trained as British financial advisors ?!

My inital contact got me some very general info ,but after trying to dig for more meaningful info -nothing anymore ????

Has anybody ever heard about them /dealt with them?

It seems that puts the last nail in this coffin.

But along the same line .

I got a recommendation from a fellow Thaivisa user (was not approached by anyone ,only got this after I aked for it by PM) :

Guild Edge in BKK (www.guildedge.com),supposedly is a asset management outfit linked to banks in the Channel islands (offshore /taxfree etc.)

They supposedly deal with high networth expats and claim on their website a average current MONTHLY return of about 4.9%. Acc. to the info provided ,they only deal with word of mouth contacts and all associates are thouroughly trained as British financial advisors ?!

My inital contact got me some very general info ,but after trying to dig for more meaningful info -nothing anymore ????

Has anybody ever heard about them /dealt with them?

In the 90s I met a middle aged Swiss guy who was peddling this kind of scam. He had all these complicated flow charts showing how shuffling money back and forth between "interbank" accounts would net 4.9% a month compounded.

I was young and naive then, but even then I knew that the Goldman Sachs and Lehman Brothers of the world were hardly going to be wasting their time trading markets if they could make 4.9% doing these kinds of trades.

Because I knew and worked with a lot of rich people he was really pushing for introductions and promising huge amounts of money as commission. Thank God I was smart enough even then not to let the money he was dangling in front of me dazzle me in to making any introductions.

• 1 month later...
Does anyone have an update on why this company is still running? I've just had a call from a Thai friend who speaks no English and has invested 3, 000 000 Baht with them so he's heard the rumours now and is panicking obviously :o

Hi Seonai,

My guess is this company is still running because no one has reported it. There are certainly Thai laws against it, but it seems enforcement starts when someone complains.

In this case, it sounds like it may be a boiler room operation. You could suggest your friend report it by contacting the Complaint Dept of Office of the Securities and Exchange Commission: 0-2263-6000 or file a complaint via their website:

http://www.sec.or.th/sec/Content_000000014...103〈=th

Until someone does report it, the scam's likely to continue.

Best wishes, Misty

If you mean guildedge.com it looks to me like it is now some kind of online gaming platform and not a "mystery-fund" for "high-end investors" :o

Sorry mate - sounds to me that your High-End Investor friend is a little less high-end than before.....

Cheers!

Does anyone have an update on why this company is still running? I've just had a call from a Thai friend who speaks no English and has invested 3, 000 000 Baht with them so he's heard the rumours now and is panicking obviously :D