Spaghetti Alla Bolognese Or Something Close

Ulysses G.

I love spaghetti, but haven't found any that I consider great in Chiang Mai.

Usually, I think that the best spaghetti needs meat sauce, but it doesn't really have to be beef and I like low class spaghetti as much as the gourmet stuff if it is made right. Da Stefano's near the main branch of Gecko books has spaghetti with italian sausages and mushrooms and that is pretty good. I also like the Hash House Harriers spaghetti with meat sauce and I did like it at the Hungry Horse, but they are out of business.

Does anybody have suggestions on where to get really good spaghetti in this area?

Usually, I think that the best spaghetti needs meat sauce, but it doesn't really have to be beef and I like low class spaghetti as much as the gourmet stuff if it is made right. Da Stefano's near the main branch of Gecko books has spaghetti with italian sausages and mushrooms and that is pretty good. I also like the Hash House Harriers spaghetti with meat sauce and I did like it at the Hungry Horse, but they are out of business.

Does anybody have suggestions on where to get really good spaghetti in this area?

UG not quite what you are looking for I know but if you send a PM to p1p and ask him to direct you to his own brand of spagetti sauce then pick up a pack of either fresh or dried pasta at Rimping Supermarket.

His sauces are excellent - the spicy one is really good

CB

UG Dude, you only need to buy a hotplate and a pot.... :o

Pasta is the ONLY item I never order when I eat at an Italian restaurant. I can make it so much better, at home.

Penne pasta (100% durum semolina) from Italy. Fresh pomodoro sauce. Fresh basil leaves. Fresh grated reggiano parmagiano cheese. EVO to dress the pasta when drained. And a perfect romaine salad, and a glass or 2 of nice red wine.

Mama mia, the slightly cooler day today had me thinking about pasta, too! :D

McG

Try Pasta Cafe. 21 Soi 5 Nimmanhaemin Rd. About half way along soi.

A bit upmarket, but great food and service.

I have no cooking facilties. Need a restaurant with good spaghetti!

I couldn't imagine not being able to cook. I lived in a hotel in Angeles City off and on for about 3 years that had a good kitchen. You could call the cook out and get stuff cooked the way you wanted it. Plus it was a town of seriously good European restaurants, but it still drove me nuts.

Some times I just feel like grilled cheese on toast, even just a jam sandwich. I always say there's nothing like pasta you've seen to your self.

Time to settle down General? A nice mature lady well skilled in the arts of keeping a man happy? The stomach is just as important as the appendages hanging on the end of it. :o

imho Giorgio has very good pasta dishes. There are two branches: one in the city center, and and a new one at Kad Farang. My favorite pasta there is lingiune (spelling?) with italian sausage and cream sauce.

I am a fan of Georgio Italian resturant too. When I called them last night for a reservation, there was no one answering the call. I thought that they were extremly busy or the line was not properly connected at the socket.

So, I went there and found the place closed :o

Anybody has any news about what happened to them?