Where Is Best Currently To Get Long Stay Tourist Visa

I would go to Vientiane LAO. Really easy and the Thai Embassy will give your passport and visa back the next day after you apply. The way I traveled there was fly airasia or nok air to UdonThani and then a mini bus to the border. From udon to the border (Nongkai) was around a 40 mins bus trip. I liked this way much more than going to Paeng.

Kuala Lumpur is also OK, and budget flights available too. have to overnight though.

No visa costs to get into Malaysia (probably) Where are you starting from ?

Naka.

Hi, im starting from bangkok, if thats what you mean? overnight is fine, i would stay a couple of days. might as well explore it there as well?

im just nervous as hel_l about actually getting it, i really badly want to be able to stay on for another 3 months. they should allow it shouldnt they? i mean more chance of getting it than not getting it?

thanks for replies both of you.

I would go to Vientiane LAO. Really easy and the Thai Embassy will give your passport and visa back the next day after you apply. The way I traveled there was fly airasia or nok air to UdonThani and then a mini bus to the border. From udon to the border (Nongkai) was around a 40 mins bus trip. I liked this way much more than going to Paeng.

thanks,

and were they very good about doing the renewal? somehow im expecting a big interrogation , i dont know why, i guess just cos i want the renewal quite badly lol.

thanks,

and were they very good about doing the renewal? somehow im expecting a big interrogation , i dont know why, i guess just cos i want the renewal quite badly lol.

Go to Penang. Use a visa agent to procure the tourist visa for you. Using an agent totally avoids dealing with any consular officials. Piece of cake, no questions asked.

Edited by ovenman

Have not seen any recent reports of people having any problem obtaining a tourist visa, even with many more than you, at the normal Vientiane/Savannakhet/Penang/KL/Singapore Consulates. You should not have any problem obtaining another.

thanks,

Go to Penang. Use a visa agent to procure the tourist visa for you. Using an agent totally avoids dealing with any consular officials. Piece of cake, no questions asked.

thats excellent, penang it is, sorry for more questions, never done this before, how do i go about getting a visa agent and be sure its one that will do the job properly....can i print out an application form in advance or do i pop in and get one there or will he have them, yes im that clueless lol sorry? thanks again for your help

Edited by mart29

thats excellent, penang it is, sorry for more questions, never done this before, how do i go about getting a visa agent and be sure its one that will do the job properly? thanks again for your help

There are any number of previous ThaiVisa threads pertaining to 'visa agent' and 'Penang'. Try Searching on those terms. There are numerous travel agents and bookshops along Chulia Street in Penang that offer these visa services.

thats excellent, penang it is, sorry for more questions, never done this before, how do i go about getting a visa agent and be sure its one that will do the job properly? thanks again for your help

There are any number of previous ThaiVisa threads pertaining to 'visa agent' and 'Penang'. Try Searching on those terms. There are numerous travel agents and bookshops along Chulia Street in Penang that offer these visa services.

just seen the visa run packages, thats great, feeling much happier about this now, your help is much appreciated. thanks

just seen the visa run packages, thats great, feeling much happier about this now, your help is much appreciated. thanks

You're welcome. For what it's worth, the cost of using a visa agent in Penang is probably nearly equivalent (perhaps even cheaper) to that of going the DIY route and taking taxis to/from the Thai consulate to drop off and retrieve your passport yourself. The consulate is not in the heart of Georgetown which is where you'll undoubtedly be staying.

thats excellent, penang it is, sorry for more questions, never done this before, how do i go about getting a visa agent and be sure its one that will do the job properly....can i print out an application form in advance or do i pop in and get one there or will he have them, yes im that clueless lol sorry? thanks again for your help

On past similar threads, many people have recommended Banana Guesthouse in Penang, and I used them the first time I applied for a tourist visa and had no idea what to do. They were very helpful, were able to answer all my questions, and, as someone else said, the cost was pretty minimal. They're one of the larger guesthouses on Chulia St., and your bus driver should know where they are.

Make sure you have a couple photos for your application.

And, as others have also said, the chances of you NOT getting a tourist visa are very slim.

Edited by fallingoffthemap

On past similar threads, many people have recommended Banana Guesthouse in Penang, and I used them the first time I applied for a tourist visa and had no idea what to do. They were very helpful, were able to answer all my questions, and, as someone else said, the cost was pretty minimal. They're one of the larger guesthouses on Chulia St., and your bus driver should know where they are.

Make sure you have a couple photos for your application.

And, as others have also said, the chances of you NOT getting a tourist visa are very slim.

thanks to you all, everyone is so helpful here, very nice forum and people thanks again. i will look into this as well

Edited by mart29

In the past I have had 2 visas from Penang. I used the N.J. Books Centre visa agents somewhere along half way on Chulia Street:

N.J. Books centre

Haji Jabar/Muhammed

425, Chulia Street

10200 Penang – Malaysia

Tel: +60-4-2616113, 2642033

Mobile: +60-16-430-6474

Email: [email protected]

Always went very smoothly!

Are there any visa agents in Vientiane that can provide the same service as the agents in Penang? I don't mean just geezers filling out the visa application form for me at the embassy...

I wanna go on Monday to get another tourist visa.

Should I be nervous about getting my 3rd tourist visa? I'm not applying back to back, I had some exempt visas in-between...

Should I try to get my third visa in Vientiane or Penang?

Cheers!

You shouldn't have any problems in Vientiane. I got a new single entry TV there last week. I'd previously had a triple entry TV (UK), single entry TV (Vientiane), 3 x visa exempt and a single entry TV (Penang).

I don't think there are any agents but it's easy enough to do it yourself at the consulate. You can download the form to save a bit of time.

OK... I think Vientiane it'll be this time.

Those visa agents in Penang really save time - what a pity they aren't any in Vientiane. Your idea to fill out the application form beforehand is also good.

I went to the below mentioned thaivisa.com site to get the application form, but I can't find the one for a tourist visa...

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?au...s&showcat=6

"TM.87 Application for Visa" is for Non-Immigrant Visas. A quick google check was neither fruitful. Does anyone have the right form at hand?

Kuala Lumpur is also OK, and budget flights available too. have to overnight though.

No visa costs to get into Malaysia (probably) Where are you starting from ?

Naka.

A big advantage, and not having an extra page lost in your passport. If you do a visa run to Laos, you can kiss 2 whole pages goodbye.

Prices Penang:

Going from Chulia to the Thai embassy and back by taxi (one way 8RM): 16 RM

Pick up the Visa by Taxi 16RM

Total 32 RM

Having an agent (i.e. Holiday travel on Chulia), you pay the fee of 20 RM and do not have to queue up and waste your time. Make sure you bring recently made photos. Agents like to have you contact address in Penang. Check in a hotel or guesthouse first and take a businesscard.

Your saving: two beers and a lot of time.

Try the overnite-train BKK- Butterworth, walk to the ferry and end up 10 walking minutes from Chulia. Make sure, that you have some malaysian change for the ferry.

You shouldn't have any problems in Vientiane. I got a new single entry TV there last week. I'd previously had a triple entry TV (UK), single entry TV (Vientiane), 3 x visa exempt and a single entry TV (Penang).

I don't think there are any agents but it's easy enough to do it yourself at the consulate. You can download the form to save a bit of time.

Hi Waveydavey,

Can you tell me what you mean by " 3 x visa EXEMPT " ? i guess i'm missing something, but i don't know exactly WHAT...

(this is the first time, after staying for 4 years in Thailand on 1 year visas since i was married with Thai national, that i apply for TV......)

Thanks !

Hi Rhino,

How much is the fare by minibus from Udon Thani to Nongkai ? And then i guess by coach to Vientiane ? How much for this trip and how long ? Is it true you lose 2 whole pages in your passport by going there, comparing with for example Penang ?

Thanks.

Hi Waveydavey,

Can you tell me what you mean by " 3 x visa EXEMPT " ? i guess i'm missing something, but i don't know exactly WHAT...

(this is the first time, after staying for 4 years in Thailand on 1 year visas since i was married with Thai national, that i apply for TV......)

Thanks !

I mean the 30 day stamp you get on entry if you don't have a visa. I did 3 border runs to Maesai roughly 30 days apart.

Play around with Air Asia for dates and get on their email list. I could have booked to go to Penang for Bt88 plus taxes if I booked before 18th September !

You'll have to stay overnight. I used the Cititel at about Bt1250 online. Good cheap room service and ok hotel.

No need for an agent. Fly in on the 7am flight, taxi to embassy, fill in forms and pay MYR100 visa fee (make sure you have the correct (large) photo size. They will refuse your application if not. Then same taxi to hotel. Do the same in reverse the following day.

There is a Nandos chicken eatery at the airport which is very nice.

As you are in Bangkok and unless you have more time than sense, no other option is remotely as easy or cheap.

Hi Waveydavey,

Thanks !

I mean the 30 day stamp you get on entry if you don't have a visa. I did 3 border runs to Maesai roughly 30 days apart.

Sorry for the late reply Davey ; As i went today to the weekly Expats meeting in PTTY, i heard some rumours that are telling me that now one is not allowed anymore to do visa runs after your TV has expired ( 2 + 1 month...) ; Neither with a VOA you will not be allowed to enter the country if you' d make a visarun, unless you can show you will leave the country within 30 days....

Can you agree with that ? Or does anybody has another feeling about this ?

Cheers

You must present proof of leaving Thailand within 30 days to qualify for visa exempt entry. Nothing new in that except enforcement was almost non nonexistent until a month or two ago. But not all places enforce the rule even now. Cambodia seems to be the most likely to require it at present; but it may be a special arrangement to buy a bus ticket at one crossing.

Hi my 90 days (60+30 extension) tourist visa will run out soon, i want to get a new 60 day visa somewhere near thailand as i am training in muay thai. Any suggestions of my best bet to get this done.

much appreciated thank you!

Good place to go to is Penang.Book Air Asia ticket.Go straight from the airport to the consulate with taxi,by ticket in arrival hall for 38 ringgit .You have to apply for the visa in the morning from 10-12.You need 2 photographs and the fee used to be 100 ringgit but price went up now.Then take taxi to Chulia street for 12 ringgit and look for hotel or guesthouse,stay 1 night.Next day pick up passport between 2 and 4 pm and go back to airport.For taxi Culia-consulate-airport pay 40 ringgit.I did same 10 days ago for non o visa.