Hooters Coming To Bangkok

PvtDick

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Noticed in the classifieds last week that Hooters, the American restaurant/bar chain famous for its buxom waitresses in revealing uniforms, is coming to Bangkok.

Coals to Newcastle, or might this be interesting?

Think there might just have a little recruitment problem here :o:D:D

I have been using "Hooters" Bar and Rest.at the top end of See-Nak Road (just before the Bam Pu turn off) for over a year now.

Very much a Thai place,but good food,so-so music,Full A/con and mai peng and oper til..... :o

Used to be called "My Home".....(ie.that was the name of....)

I have been using "Hooters" Bar and Rest.at the top end of See-Nak Road (just before the Bam Pu turn off) for over a year now.

Very much a Thai place,but good food,so-so music,Full A/con and mai peng and oper til..... :o

Used to be called "My Home".....(ie.that was the name of....)

I consider that the bottom end of srinakarin road. I know the place, they have just gone to cafe format--same name -Hooters

the food I've had at Hooters in the past was not very good at all.

The food at Amsterdam Hooters is f*cking terrible ... and after almost poisoning you, the cheeky bastards charge you to go vomit in the toilet! :o

I'm told the food in the UK versions is also crap. Think I'll skip :D

Another crap American food outlet, where they have to have a marketing department that is bigger than the United Nations to get anyone to go there..

Why is we have to be bombarded with unhealthy crap food from the states ? - vote with your feet and give it a wide berth.

IMHO, the only one worth going to is Subway, as at least it is a healthier alternative to fast food.

i agree , more SHIT food from america . more money heading overseas i suppose . thailand doesnt need it (nor does any other country ) but they will advertise it and the young kids will think its cool ,so theyll support it . its a marketers dream .

I am with you on that,,what they really need is more BURGER KINGS, ###### hard to find here in Thailand,,I got to drive 400 KM. to find one. But I guess that we are still lucky tho,as i never see a place that sells that shit that Brits call FOOD. :o

I live in the US Hooters Food is terrible!!! They will have problems finding waitresses Oh not too long ago a guy wanted to be a waiter at a hooters in The US someplace and he was not allowed so he sued them.

Maybe Katoeys would work I hope i spelled that right :o

Hooters is for going and getting pissed up and looking at the eye candy. Who cares about the food. But a Hooters in thailand is a waste of time," mai me nome."

You got that right,,Playtex send over a shipment of Living Bras and they didn't have nothing to feed em and they all starved,bu things might be looking up,,check this out.

http://www.mangosauce.com/archives/000094.html

The Amsterdam Hoooters is a knock off, same as the restaurant that uses their name in Thailand now.

Its hard to become a franchisee...

1. You have to be rich... $3 million in liquid assets and the initial investment for equipment and leasehold improvements is estimated to be $600,000 to $1,000,000 for each restaurant. The Master Franchise for Thailand was $500,000 That is just to use the name and concept.

2. Experience: Have at least 5 years as a multi-unit restaurant owner / operator.

3. Location. You had to find minimum 245 SQ.M space on a high traffic location and cannot be in the RLD. Easier said then done. I know they had hired a guy to scout for sites 9 months ago. Just found one location recently.

I don't know if it will work in Thailand. The owner has paid his money so he'll get the reward if it does. Time will tell...

www.sunbeltasia.com

I am with you on that,,what they really need is more BURGER KINGS, ###### hard to find here in Thailand,,I got to drive 400 KM. to find one. But I guess that we are still lucky tho,as i never see a place that sells that shit that Brits call FOOD. :D

Burgar King used to be the best, I agree but it's gone to the dogs since us Brits (Diageo) sold it to you Yanks :o

Hooters is for going and getting pissed up and looking at the eye candy. Who cares about the food. But a Hooters in thailand is a waste of time," mai me nome."

You got that right,,Playtex send over a shipment of Living Bras and they didn't have nothing to feed em and they all starved,bu things might be looking up,,check this out.

http://www.mangosauce.com/archives/000094.html

Frigging hideous! How can they stretch the shin that much? Ah jeez! We're talking major lower back disorders in the future. To all his/her own.

Noticed in the classifieds last week that Hooters, the American restaurant/bar chain famous for its buxom waitresses in revealing uniforms, is coming to Bangkok.

I predicted something like this would happen two years ago, while in Bangkok. I told my friend, another tourist from America, that it was just bound to happen. It's a match made in heaven! :o

Only possible problem I can see is finding enough "Buxom" Thai girls!

I admit , I like going to Hooters! I've only been to the one here in New York City ( Which has really hot looking waitresses, of all races ), so I can't wait to see how Hooters Bangkok will be... The food is ok, but most guys here don't go there for the food anyways! :D

What does "Coals to Newcastle mean"? Is this a British expression like our American saying of " Bringing sand to the beach" ? :D

What does "Coals to Newcastle mean"? Is this a British expression like our American saying of " Bringing sand to the beach" ? :o

Yes, exactly. But "coals to Newcastle" is quite a common saying in the US, too (I'm American myself).

What does "Coals to Newcastle mean"? Is this a British expression like our American saying of " Bringing sand to the beach" ? :wub:

Yes, exactly. But "coals to Newcastle" is quite a common saying in the US, too (I'm American myself).

My mistake, it's hard to tell who is from England, and who is from America here! -_-

As for this "Coals to Newcastle" thing, I never heard of the expression before, and neither has my friends.... Must be a regional thing. As I've spent most of my entire life here in New York City, where exactly is this "Newcastle" place? England, or Pennslvania? :(

a complete and utter waste of time and money.

Could have a very good chance of succeeding if the Thailand Franchise seperates themselves in a unique way from the rest of the other theme resturant places, especially if they hire only Hot Sexy Beautiful "Buxom" American women ( They DO exist, people, belive it or not! :D ) as the waitresses. Now If they can somehow get away with doing that without charges of discrimination, not to mention angering the local Thai ladies, they could probably market the resturant to Thai Families ( especially Thai men! :D ) so they can experience the atmosphere of a "typical" American Resturant! :D

Of course, they will end up just hiring local Sexy Thai ladies, and probably give them Wonderbras and Blond Wigs and free English classes ( American English , of course! :D ) to complete the authentic "Hooters" girl look.... :o

But I'd still go ! :)

The Amsterdam Hoooters is a knock off, same as the restaurant that uses their name in Thailand now.

I like it :D

Got to admit that I have never heard of Hooters before I went the one at the "bottom end"of See-Nak Road....Ok I know that I should get out more.

Anyway whats the score/deal.

Is it an upmarket burger joint like MacDs /Wendy/Wimpeys or more of the Gullivers -Thank God its Friday(tgfi)-Lou-inskies places or maybe a Penthouse -Playboy-chewing gum Rhino setup....Gen never heard of before.

Incid.on last visit to LOS took the family to the above mentioned "Hts"and got away with a bill of less than 1K which included watering and feeding 6 of em +plus my 2 big jugs of Heine. :o not cheap... but good value :D

Re "Coals to Newcastle"...same as taking g.f to LOS :D:D ?????

Hooters-- not worthed the effort man to even go there, unless you want to spend some extra money for nothing. The food at Hooters in USA is not that great, I tried it in Houston, Oklahoma, Texas, Atlanta, Aspen same thing - yaak. The bill was not that bad, but I will thing that here they will chop your head at the door with the bill- he-he. Look, if you want to have some great time and you are in the USA, go visit the Cheeta's in Atlanta, GA. Nice club- girls and the party in the VIP room later on is great :o

Andy