Hooters Coming To Bangkok

PvtDick

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Man, I only go to Hooters for the females. Forget the food. Why eat when u can drool. LOL :D Also, dont u have to look with nice breast to work at Hooters? Well, i dont know how thailand is, but from what i know, it might be hard. Then again, there is always implants. :o

Man, I only go to Hooters for the females. Forget the food. Why eat when u can drool.

Then just go to Nana/Patpong/Cowboy/Patong/Pattaya...etc..

Then again, there is always implants. :D

Please no, no. nooooo :o

totster :D

Then again, the Hooters girls might be just a little more alluring...seeing as they probably won't be "available". At least, not officially. Sometimes, a girl you can't have is all that much more intoxicating.

Then again, the Hooters girls might be just a little more alluring...seeing as they probably won't be "available". At least, not officially. Sometimes, a girl you can't have is all that much more intoxicating.

So True! :o

Hooters in Singapore (Clarke Quay - tourist area) is poorly patronised - at least the couple of times I've been there.

Local girls, not brilliantly endowed, but bright and friendly.

If the franchise costs half a mill. (that's 20 million baht) it will take for ever to get the money back. Expect it to be heavily into pulling in Japanese tourists.

Should be towards the beginning of 2005, I imagine. They are currently advertising for managerial candidates (non-Thais welcome, as long as they speak Thai fluently), all of which (according to the ad), have to undertake a three-month training course back at Hooters University in the US.

Should be towards the beginning of 2005, I imagine.  They are currently advertising for managerial candidates (non-Thais welcome, as long as they speak Thai fluently), all of which (according to the ad), have to undertake a three-month training course back at Hooters University in the US.

There actually is a Hooters University here in the US?!! I wonder what the entrace requirements are.... :D:o:D

... Another crap American food outlet, where they have to have a marketing department that is bigger than the United Nations to get anyone to go there..

Why is we have to be bombarded with unhealthy crap food from the states ? - vote with your feet and give it a wide berth.

You mean they serve food too !

The watered-down booze was bad enough.

I agree with ya T, the relentless international expansion of chains and theme franchises, everyplace is starting to look familiar, in a bad way.

And of course the formula is just different iterations of the West's three basic food groups ... sugar, grease and salt. :o

I quit eating years ago and now just drink, apparently I'm in perfect health ...

homer(drinking%20beer).gif

NEXT YEAR.....NONG NAT heads the list as your ever loving waitress. :D

NOW I know who this "Nong Nat " person is! :o

She seems to be in a bit of trouble now, isn't she? :D

I have yet to see any of her "films", but two of my good Thai lady friends had sent me nud_e pictures of her in the past....

Yeah, she is very beautiful....And would definitely "fit" the requirements for a Hooters waitress.... :D

If they manage to just hire just a dozen women that look like her, I'm sure that the Thailand franchise should have no problem.... :D

Obviously, Tornie you are not a US citizen. I wonder what gave it away.

I will agree the food at Hooters is not to die for and while in Thailand I would not visit the place my self nor do I visit in the USA.

Unhealthy well I guess that depends on what you eat and how much you eat now isn't it. Unhealthy is just an opinion and up to the individual involved.

Lay off the "American Crap" bashing you <deleted>. You SOB's think no one reads this outside wherever the ###### you are. Why can't you just give an opinion without casting disparaging remarks about the Nation a particular person, place or thing originates.

Holy shit. some of you people on these forums make me sick.

Narachon Posted on Thu 2004-08-12, 02:17:42

Thats a Good question, I would assume they would be doing so in near the end of the year.....Why do you ask, are you thinking of actually working there?

It wouldnt hurt to try. LOL Just kidding, Il make more money applying here in the US. :o

Obviously, Tornie you are not a US citizen. I wonder what gave it away.

I always thought it was the quaint British English words that he used, like " Bloody", and "Arse" :wub:

I will agree the food at Hooters is not to die for and while in Thailand I would not visit the place my self nor do I visit in the USA.

Unhealthy well I guess that depends on what you eat and how much you eat now isn't it. Unhealthy is just an opinion and up to the individual involved.

Just How do you know how the food is at Hooters, if you've never been there?

The Hot Wings are ok... But I like the Hot Breasts instead.... :D

I freely admit that I will visit the Thailand branch to compare notes... :D

As for being personally responsible for the kind of food that you eat , I totally agree!

Lay off the "American Crap" bashing you <deleted>. You SOB's think no one reads this outside wherever the ###### you are. Why can't you just give an opinion without casting disparaging remarks about the Nation a particular person, place or thing originates.

Hey, don't you know by now,unfortunately, Bashing America and Americans is the popular thing to do nowadays, even here on Thaivisa....It is pretty sad really...Oh well, I guess it's to be expected being the worlds only Superpower.... Hey, I even hear that it's a new sport for the Olympics - With both the Europeans and the Middle Easterners aiming for Gold :o

Well, say what you want, I'm proud to be an American! And by the way, our American Crap is the best Crap in the world! :D

Holy shit. some of you people on these forums make me sick.

Just finding that out now? :D

Narachon Posted on Thu 2004-08-12, 02:17:42
Thats a Good question, I would assume they would be doing so in near the end of the year.....Why do you ask, are you thinking of actually working there?

It wouldnt hurt to try. LOL Just kidding, Il make more money applying here in the US. :D

Well, if you do, I'll certainly visit your resturant! :o

Hooters food is nothing special IMO. Have tried it in Las Vegas, Los Angeles, Chicago, and Daytona Beach. Normal, unhealthy, American style "bar/pub" food.

Dont know if the place will work in BKK or not but I know they have one in Taipei, Taiwan. Saw it on the TV before and it looked to be pretty busy if that could be an indicator. Girls were not well-endowed but looked very attractive to me anyway as I am a sucker for Asian women of all races.

Last weekend i went to hooters (here in Chicago), and our server was Thai/Irish. Dang she looked good. Maybe Thailand's Hooters might want to hire the bi-racial females just to run the business. LOL

It isnt the food, it has never been any good. Who couldnt just go buy the frozen chicken wings at the store and warm them up in the oven? That's what it basically is. :o

Long live free enterprise!!!

Seems nobody on the board is taking any liking in Hooters.

Strange that they are still a succeful francise business, isn't it? Or do we not want to admitt that we like it and only go there to see the scenery???

Elysium Posted on Mon 2004-08-16, 21:47:06

Seems nobody on the board is taking any liking in Hooters.

Strange that they are still a succeful francise business, isn't it? Or do we not want to admitt that we like it and only go there to see the scenery???

What do u think i have been saying? I only go there for the environment (scenery). Basically that's what everyone has said. But we hate the food. Of course it's sucessful. I wish i would have thought of a place like hooters and yet it's still legal. Who wants to eat when u have good-looking females and booze in the same place. :o

Hooters in Thailand. Ummmm not sure a good idea. Could be another Flop....Expensive unhealthy foods for tourists. If they want to see titties they could go see them in titties bars, especially in a place like Phuket. Why bother in overpriced farang restaurant they can eat at home countries?

The news that Hooters is opening locations in Thailand is front page news on their website:

" Hooters Continues to Expand Internationally; Thailand Locations to Open in 2005

Atlanta, GA - Today, Hooters of America, Inc. announced plans for a new international franchisee to open up 3 Hooters locations in Thailand next year. The first Pacific Rim Hooters opened in Singapore in 1996, since then the chain has opened Hooters in 13 countries totaling over 26 restaurants in Argentina, Aruba, Austria, Brazil, Canada, Chile, England, Guatemala, Mexico, Singapore, Taiwan, Switzerland and Venezuela. John Weber, Executive Vice President of Operations for Hooters of America, states, "We are very excited to expand the Hooters concept to locations all over the world. This year we anticipate opening over 7 locations internationally."

The first Hooters location opened its doors about 21 years ago, and today there are over 370 locations. It didn't take long for the concept to catch on in the United States and is continuing to expand internationally. The company plans to open Hooters restaurants in China, Korea and Germany this fall with discussion to open in Australia, New Zealand and India in the near future.

Hooters is well known for its brand of food and fun, featuring a casual beach-theme atmosphere, a menu that features seafood, sandwiches and Hooters' signature chicken wings, and service provided by the All-American cheerleaders, the Hooters Girls. "

So the first location wil be in Bangkok, the second in Phuket, where will the third Thailand Location be? Chiang Mai? Pattaya?

Hmmm..I wonder if Hooters Air will expand their flights to Thailand now? ( yes, believe it or not, Hooters has their very own airline! ) :o

Hooters Motto - "Delightfuly Tacky, Yet Unrefined ", indeed! I'll definitely check the place out, when they open in Thailand! :D