Table Saw

Mai Krap

where can one get table saws. I know you can get alot of power tool just about anywhere but whenever I ask about table saws someone trys to sell me a circular saw and some wood to make a homemade table saw. They are ok but I want a new saw set up with some safty features not a hot wired full on home made job. Any Ideas????

If anything in the home improvement area is available in Thailand 'Homepro' will have it.

The advent (arrival) of Homepro has been one of the greatest advances seen here in the realm.

The staff are 'by and large' well trained, knowledgeable and very helpful to boot.

:o

But I haven't seen Black & Decker rechargeable batteries there.

Mine are a few years old, showing 'stains' and lack a full-capacity charge. I asume that there is a shelf-life to these things and mine are close to expiration. (I use a 110v charger, with step-down trafo, so I haven't cooked them)

Mine are a few years old, showing 'stains' and lack a full-capacity charge. I asume that there is a shelf-life to these things and mine are close to expiration. (I use a 110v charger, with step-down trafo, so I haven't cooked them)

Have you checked with their office in BKK? I went there years ago, I saw a showroom and lower prices...

BLACK & DECKER (THAILAND) LTD.

51 Soi Sukhumvit 26, Sukhumvit Rd., Klongton, Klongtoey, Bangkok Thailand

Electric Tool, Hand Tool Manufacturer & Distributor

Tel: 0-2259-8520-6 ... Fax: 0-2259-8529

Have you checked with their office in BKK? I went there years ago, I saw a showroom and lower prices...

BLACK & DECKER (THAILAND) LTD.

51 Soi Sukhumvit 26, Sukhumvit Rd., Klongton, Klongtoey, Bangkok Thailand

Electric Tool, Hand Tool Manufacturer & Distributor

Tel: 0-2259-8520-6 ... Fax: 0-2259-8529

Hey Mai Krap,

DeWalt are the professional power tool providers here in Thailand and should be looked at before making any decision to buy regardless of offers. Your requirement for a table saw would suggest to me that you will be doing some serious work with it. Other fine machine makers are Ulue and Makita but I haven't seen their presence here. DeWalt can be found in soi 26 also on the left hand side just past the Orbit club and before the Four Wings hotel, possibly the same address as that given for B/D.

A precision blade is the important thing with hardened tempered teeth - generally not found with the Do-it yourself type tools.

Teach

I have had several Makita products that I have bought here in Thailand. They have been the best that I have tried, much better than Black and Decker or Bosch (ruined bearings, both of them) My Makita circular saws were great. So great that they were stolen by someone in my village. You can get a Makita (6 inch) table saw for about 18,000 baht or so, not cheap, but it won't let you down. The hardware store I dealt with in Chiang Rai would order whatever I wanted from a big Makita catalog. Great cordless drills too. I'm picky about tools, and Makita and Ryobi are two of my favorites. Dewalt is good too, but I don't think they make table saws..

Actually LG makes some solid power tools too, and cheap. My angle grinder for welding projects seems to be indestructable.

Good idea, where are HOME PROS? DO THEY HAVE ANY STORES OUTSIDE OF BANGKOK? thankyou for the info.

They just opened a HOMEPRO here in Phetchabun a short while back.

and these forlks are correct,,Makita is the very toughest power tool you can get,,but as to the blades,,all the carbaloy insert blades are good and available most places. But if ever need sharpening,it takes a special grinder to do it. :o

Becarefull , The real stuff from MAKITA is hard to find ( RYOBI same )

They sell a ongly stuff from china .DEWALT (for me not eneymore,they never have spareparts in soi 26 ,i d'ont want to wait 6 weeks for something )

I use some machines from RYOBI for 9 years ,verry good

I always buy in klongtom,sinds many years ,good service,fair price

Soon if not already all dewalt will be made in china, porter cable will also not be made in the U.S. anymore, all offshore. black and decker hasnt been anygood in years but they are now all made in china. If you notice alot of the cheep chineese brands have the same power drill colers as dewalt as they are probably made as the same place.... IM pretty sure MACTEC is made in china. Soon MAKITA will be the highest qaulity in the U.S. market and its been the highest qaulity available here for a long time. The good news is the old MADE IN THE U.S. DEWALT, PORTER CABLE and CRATSMAN will last the rest of my life time and will be available at garage sales if I ever go back and want even more tools as I have 2 shops full of stuff now. I will stick with MAKITA here and the odd chinese tool now and then. Im actualy considering making my own table saw but if I do it will be made in a mahine shop with the blade and moter on a ajustable carrage and a bunch of bolt on places for extra goodys. Maybe just daydreaming about making the table saw but one has to entertain ones self.

For a table saw, you can try SSM GROUP .They sell METABO,ELEKTRA BECKUM (from germany ) tel. 023281189-94 , 044281473-75

If you want to make yourself with a sircular saw ,you will get problems with the gears ( no more grease on the gears ) this saw you can used opsidedown

Depends on the job,but with a radial arm saw you can do a lot of work ( mine is a ryobi ,cost 40000 )

cheers