Water Testing

dsys

Yeah, the provincial gov't's all have health departments which do water testing...I think they all do...for sure Chiangrai health dept. tests water. Seems like you could either get a set series of tests done like a set series for water for drinking or water for agriculture....or....you could choose the tests you wanted from a list. Seems like it was 5,000 baht to have everything tested for drinking water and was less for agriculture....the different tests had different prices if you chose them ala carte.

Chownah

Last april/may when the borehole was sunk deeper, i gave some cool clean water to a labours dog, the dog drank it quick and the next day, mrs asked how is dog, the labour man said, my dog have good shit with paper, Nestle pure & Good, and since then if we have labour on farm for weed cleaning & fruit picking, they will drink the borehole water, But then, Thais have a more bovine stomach than us westerners, so ive only rinsed my mouth when really parched, So perhaps i will get our water tested, i might not need as much treatment as some bottled waters we buy, and could be a profitable side-line,

Cheers, Lickey.

Yeah, the provincial gov't's all have health departments which do water testing...I think they all do...for sure Chiangrai health dept. tests water. Seems like you could either get a set series of tests done like a set series for water for drinking or water for agriculture....or....you could choose the tests you wanted from a list. Seems like it was 5,000 baht to have everything tested for drinking water and was less for agriculture....the different tests had different prices if you chose them ala carte.

Chownah

How do you say "Health Department" in Thai? Getting our water tested from the sand filter sounds like a good idea.

rgds

Somtham,

The receipt for getting our water tested gave this as the name of the office:

"nai ratchagan krom witayasat gan pet grasuang sata ranasuk"

Chownah

Thanks. I asked my wife if she knew where it was and she just laughed. "They're not going to check your water there. It's a tiny little government clinic for pregnant women with no money."!!!

I'll have a look this week and see what they say.

Thanks again.