Business Visa

I've been to Thailand a number of times and now hv decided to settle there. I'm a Malaysian and is thinking of starting a consultancy business to represent Malaysian businesses in Bangkok. Also would do training and projects consultancy. Can a foreigner start a sole-prop biz ? What is the best way of getting this started and the best way for long term visa ? Any advise most appreciated. :o

. Can a foreigner start a sole-prop biz ?
No. Only Americans till Dec 31st. The best choice is a Limited Co. in your case.
What is the best way of getting this started and the best way for long term visa ?

Get a 90 day " B" visa in Malaysia. After you apply for your work permit, you apply for one year extension of stay. The requirement is 4 Thai employees employed per foreigner at the required minimum salary or higher, salary of 45,000 per month as you are a Malaysian and 2 million baht registered capital with 1 million of that being working capital.

If you cannot meet any of those requirements, Get a work permit on the based of paying 1,500 Baht tax per month ( salary of 30,000 Baht) The other requirement for a work permit is 2 million Baht registered capital if you're a director. ( the 2 million Baht capital does not need to be paid up) Go back to the Consulate in Malaysia after you received the work permit and get a one year multi entry visa. You then do a visa run every 90 days.

www.sunbeltasia.com

some more questions to this theme:

the 4 thai-worker also can these be my woman or thai-life-partner, reconciles neighbors as a scrubwoman and do gardening? what is the minimum salary to pay them?

can the employers also be shareholders of the company?

for the 1 mio B working-capital: can i invest this capital in my company-equipment after registration the co-ltd, or i can before? investment same as buying a car, computers and others office-equipment and renovating the office-rooms or building some new?

regards

WILLI

the 4 thai-worker also can these be my woman or thai-life-partner, reconciles neighbors as a scrubwoman and do gardening?
If you claim them for a one year visa, your office may be visited to line up the troops.
what is the minimum salary to pay them?

In Bangkok 5,100 baht minimum per month. in other areas, it varies.

can the employers also be shareholders of the company?
yes
for the 1 mio B working-capital: can i invest this capital in my company-equipment after registration the co-ltd, or i can before?
either
investment same as buying a car, computers and others office-equipment and renovating the office-rooms or building some new?

Yes all the above is allowed.

ww.sunbeltasia.com

As a director of your own limited company do you have to have a salary of 50,000 baht per month (I'm from the UK) as well as 2 million baht of registered capital to be granted a work permit or will you get a work permit with just the registered capital (with a multi entry visa)?

I'm asking as we'll only be making a small amount of money from our limited company (not enough to pay us both a salary of 50,000 baht per month) and will be living in Thailand mainly from the money we make from renting property in Europe.

We will have the 2 million registered capital for each director (and possibly a little bit more).

Thanks in advance for your advice :o

As a director of your own limited company do you have to have a salary of 50,000 baht per month (I'm from the UK) as well as 2 million baht of registered capital to be granted a work permit or will you get a work permit with just the registered capital (with a multi entry visa)?

Only the registered capital is required of 2 million per Director, as well a salary of 30,000 Baht per month if single or 45,000 Baht if married to a Thai. This for what ever nationality ( as an example the 60,000 salary per month for an American does not apply for the work permit)

Just not to confuse you, this is for the work permit requirement NOT the one year visa.

www.sunbeltasia.com

thanks for your answers @sunbelt

do the director (´s) have automaticly the right to do work in this company, or do he need a work-permit?

when the director have the right to work, can he have NO monthly salary and pay tax only from the incomming of the company.

if the director also needs a work-permit, must he have this monthly minimum incomming salary, to pay the personal tax?

kind regards ... WILLI

(please excause my bad english, i´m a german)

@sunbelt: i asked you, that you have supportet company-starting in korat. do you do this from your office in BKK or have you some in korat?

you speak, you also have supportet german´s. is it able, to translate all the needed documents in german language?

is it possible, to order your service step by step, or you only can support the complete package for starting a Co., Ltd.? My thinking: first i want let you check and register/save the name from the new company. this name i need to apply my non-immi-B-visa and to open bank-accounts. is this right?