Thai Driver For Falang

Nam Kao

I got a Thai man that wants to be my driver for 4,000 baht a month. Plus

he is going to be like my personal slave when not driving. The guy is ecstatic

with happiness finding this job :D He is a farmer, good driver, clean,

no drugs / drinking / smoking etc.

Anyways my question is with my vehicle in my wifes name and fully insured -->

Say we get in an accident - will they still try to zing me somehow? Because a

falang was inside the car or because it belongs to my wife etc?

My other alternative is to have my wife drive, I would need to drink at least

6 beer Changs before going thru that :D:o:D so that could get expensive.

Thanks

Nam

PS I also decided - No Motorcys in my family, I love them but not worth the risk

Hmmm I don't see this as a troll , what tablets are ye taking Kev? :o

ps Nam Kao , howsabout Tyson now? :D

Where are you going to find a person with the attributes that are listed;He is a farmer, good driver, clean,

no drugs / drinking / smoking etc./personal slave, for 4000 baht a month.

For the first,there is no such thing as a good driver in Thailand.

I can not even find anyone to work fulltime as the fields need work most times of the year and I have a "cousin" that does come and work on a part time basis.

I really do not think that you will find a dependable woman that will work full time for that kinda money if there is farming to do.

At least in our area as the farming takes first priority.

I got a Thai man that wants to be my driver for 4,000 baht a month. Plus

he is going to be like my personal slave when not driving. The guy is ecstatic

with happiness finding this job :D He is a farmer, good driver, clean,

no drugs / drinking / smoking etc.

Anyways my question is with my vehicle in my wifes name and fully insured -->

Say we get in an accident - will they still try to zing me somehow? Because a

falang was inside the car or because it belongs to my wife etc?

My other alternative is to have my wife drive, I would need to drink at least

6 beer Changs before going thru that :D:o:D so that could get expensive.

Thanks

Nam

PS I also decided - No Motorcys in my family, I love them but not worth the risk

Make sure your driver has a valid thai drivers license.

Personal slave for 4000 baht per month? Dont think it will last long.

Hmmm I don't see this as a troll , what tablets are ye taking Kev? :D

ps Nam Kao , howsabout Tyson now? :D

Where are you going to find a person with the attributes that are listed;He is a farmer, good driver, clean,

no drugs / drinking / smoking etc./personal slave, for 4000 baht a month.

For the first,there is no such thing as a good driver in Thailand.

I can not even find anyone to work fulltime as the fields need work most times of the year and I have a "cousin" that does come and work on a part time basis.

I really do not think that you will find a dependable woman that will work full time for that kinda money if there is farming to do.

At least in our area as the farming takes first priority.

Kevin, why do you think Bangkok is heaving with (ex) farmers from all over Thailand working for less than 4,000 baht per month? I'd hazard a guess that there must be several million (ex) farmers working away from home in factories, shops, building sites, etc., for 3,000 - 4,000 baht/month (i.e. the minimum wage jobs), so why wouldn't a farmer want to work an easy job like driving for 4k/month? (Until he realises that Nam Kao is expecting a "personal slave" the rest of the time that is :o )

The fact that you can't find any one to work for you at that rate may lie a tad closer to home when you write off all of the Thai population as lazy, lacking respect, incapable of driving, etc. I mean would you want to work for a boss with that kind of racist attitude against your compatriots? Think you need to get out of your fortress a bit more and smell the rice stalks.

plachon; I see nothing that says"x farmer", I had a girlfriend that works in BKk as a cleaning lady in a hospital in BKK and she makes 10,000 a month,and that doesn't include being a personal slave.

when we had our house built,everyone here made far in access of 4000 a month and were still not dependable to come to work when farming was to be done.

My inlaws hire a lot of people and they have no one that will work for 4000 a month full time.Can't find people that wikll work for 100 a day anymore.

The handyman that we had working for us quit to go to BKK to work and we paid 200 a day,21 days a month,was not required to work weekends.

No matter if it is a cushy job or not,a person still has to live.

I just don't think it is possible. :o

Kevinn, my area is way in the sticks, 4,000 is huge $$. I pull out a crisp

1000 baht bill and its like I pulled out a gold bar, locals ewwing and awwing

and some start sharpening knives. :o

>>>For the first,there is no such thing as a good driver in Thailand

This guy is good, I have done 4-500 miles with him driving all over the

place without 1 problem, plus he doesnt drink.

Back to my original question PLEASE!

thanks

nam

OK Maybe you do have a jewel, I just know that where I live,it is not possible. and I do not live in a city either.

My inlaws couldn't really find people at a workable price ,so this year the rented a lot of the land and put the rest under a share crop deal.

But everyone here in our village has his own or rented land so it takes their time to work it.

I have a cousin come when he has time and do some painting or build flowerbeds,fence or what ever.but I have to pay him 250 a day for 8 hrs. and he is farming most of the time ,so is slow getting anything done. :o

plachon; I see nothing that says"x farmer", I had a girlfriend that works in BKk as a cleaning lady in a hospital in BKK and she makes 10,000 a month,and that doesn't include being a personal slave.

I just don't think it is possible. :D

But then again, Kev, you said this post by Nam Kao was a troll and you wouldn't "touch it with a long stick". :D

Virtually all rural Thai without education are classified as "farmers", (both by themselves and in govt. stats) even if they spend no more than 10 days a year in the fields. Even when they're labouring on a Bangkok building site you can ask them what their "profession" is and the chances are they'll answer "chow naa" or "kasetagon". likewise, it's unlikely a bar girl will identify her profession as such, thus helping to boost the numbers of beauticians, waitresses and seamstresses in the country. :o It's a matter of shame / pride, although unfortunately now, nearly all young Thais are ashamed to say they're farmers, which is another reason for the mass exodus from the land, apart from the crappy/uncertain income.

So to get back to the original point, guaranteed 4,000 B/month to be a driver could be seen as a great escape for the majority of farmers nationwide (who would then be an "exfarmer" :D ), assuming they think you're going to be a good & fair boss. If you're not, he'll bundle out pretty fast.

Don't think some people could spot a troll if it jumped out from under a bridge and ate 3 gruff billy goats in front of 'em. :D

My wife has some trucks in Isaan and her brothers drive them - for taxi services, etc. or any way they can make money. Their standard of driving is courteous and careful. They would be considered a farming family and would be very happy to work on a steady job for Bt4,000/month.

There has been just one minor accident and the fact that the vehicle was owned by the wife of a falang was irrelevant. I guess it is all down to who is at fault in causing the accident.

My inlaws hire a lot of people and they have no one that will work for 4000 a month full time.Can't find people that wikll work for 100 a day anymore.

I believe the average wage in BKK is 7K THB a month. It would follow that at least half of the population makes less than that. I've a friend who works as a writer for tech magazines, and she recently got a promotion to assistant editor for 15K THB / month. That is educated and experienced. Its no stretch to find an uneducated exfarmer that is willing to take an easy job where he gets to practice english.